Newton vs. Buna Predictions/GAME TONIGHT!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good year for Newton football, and we all know what happens when things are clicking for Barbay. Newton won't take Buna lightly, and I guess the Cougar fans will come back down to earth when they're left scrathing their heads. Bad luck for Buna drawing us two years in a row. Probably somewhat close in the beginning, then Newton pushes the pedal to the floor. 24+.......... On a friendly note ;), those from Buna are gladly welcome to sit on our side next week against Teague.

What's funny is that Barbay is TIGHT with money and there are more than a couple of middle school players wearing purple football pants with PNG on them.  Newton has also been known to borrow shoes from WOS so that we could play on turf.  Of course we now have shoes but it took a while to get them.  We're poor but rich in tradition. ;D

I feel the same way....I like those PNG Indians. Purple/White RULES! Can we borrow your mascot and let him come out and stick the spear in the ground before the game?

LOL !  Not sure about that!  I graduated from Newton in 1978......gotta love that purple/white!  Now, I'm a true Indian fan!  

Go Eagles!

Go Indians !

Guest THE FAN

No offense to buna, but that was kinda dumb decision. why in the heck would you play NEWTON on turf??? did they know that would give the a big speed advantage. im rootin for the coogs but since theyre playin on turf newton gonna be to fast for them.  good luck to both teams.

No offense to buna, but that was kinda dumb decision. why in the heck would you play NEWTON on turf??? did they know that would give the a big speed advantage. im rootin for the coogs but since theyre playin on turf newton gonna be to fast for them.  good luck to both teams.

now just think about this for a second....Newton and Buna both step on the field at 7 ocklock......and...the turf advantage only works for newton?? Sure there WILL be a speed advantage...but both teams will be faster on turf.so all in all...theres not really a difference. they gotta play on the same surface.

dont get me wrong, im rootin for the cougs, but in a earlier post they said that buna picked to play on turf. yes its cool to play on turf, but when your playin NEWTON thats just a bad decision. but if they werent right, and newton picked to play in lufkin that was a smart choice by them. 

Newton has always run the ball well. Buna is gonna have their hands full, but anything can happen. In my 31 years of watching HS football, I've never seen a team pound the ball year in and year out like Newton and I go back to the Anthony Byerly (sp?) days. Good Luck to both teams.

I flipped a coin. I'm sitting on the Eagles side. The last time I rang my bell at a Newton game, the Eagles gave the Jacks a spankin' at SFA. >:(

Somebody owes me some popcorn.

Newton by 17 

Man I love the playoffs!!  I just realized that Newton hasn't lost a district game since being in 2A and has only been beaten by two 2A teams, Boyd and Marlin.  I always hear the sports casters on channel 6 talk about how WOS has never lost a district game since dropping down but never hear a word about Newton doing the same...hmmmmm.  MEDIA BIAS!!!  j\k  ;D  Anyway, looking for an exciting game Thursday night and hope everyone has a safe trip there and back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder