Team                    District        Season

1) #2 Silsbee           6-0               21-5

2) Orangefield         4-2               20-8

2) LC-M                   4-2               17-9

2) WO-S                  4-2                7-11

5) Lumberton          2-4               14-10

6) Vidor                   1-5                 8-15

7) Bridge City         0-6               11-18

Silsbee has raced through the first half of district play scoring an average of 96 points a game and winning by an average of 38.2 points a game.

A three-way tie for second between Orangefield, LC-M and WO-S. OF beat LCM, WOS beat OF, LCM beat WOS.

Last years district champion (Lumberton) finds themselves two games out of a playoff spot. 

Second half prediction:

Silsbee staying perfect in district play

OF, LCM, WOS fighting it out for playoff seedings with WOS making the most noise

Lumberton needing help for that final playoff spot

Vidor and BC looking to play spoiler 

• STiger85 changed the title to 22-4A DISTRICT STANDINGS

I agree that Silsbee is head and shoulders better than everyone else. WOS has the best chance at getting a win vs them but they will play at Silsbee so I don’t see that happening. 

it will be a dog fight for 2-4. LCM and OF both have to play at WOS so that is an advantage. LCM also has to play at OF. We will see if Lumberton can upset any of the top 4 to get into the mix. Also, can BC or Vidor possibly spoil someone’s playoff spots. 

I don’t think LCM beat WOS when the big kid was playing. I also think that Lumberton was missing some of their better guys and their coach when LCM played them.

6 games for everyone to go. Let’s see who can put together some kind of a streak. 

4 minutes ago, catfever said:

I agree that Silsbee is head and shoulders better than everyone else. WOS has the best chance at getting a win vs them but they will play at Silsbee so I don’t see that happening. 

it will be a dog fight for 2-4. LCM and OF both have to play at WOS so that is an advantage. LCM also has to play at OF. We will see if Lumberton can upset any of the top 4 to get into the mix. Also, can BC or Vidor possibly spoil someone’s playoff spots. 

I don’t think LCM beat WOS when the big kid was playing. I also think that Lumberton was missing some of their better guys and their coach when LCM played them.

6 games for everyone to go. Let’s see who can put together some kind of a streak. 

Lumberton has been missing guys all year, post player is still trying to play with one arm and has been doing descent, pretty impressive. 

I will be shocked if Omicron doesn't have an impact.  I wouldn't be surprised if the virus is a determining factor in some cases.  Predictions are simply impossible in this climate.  

For instance....

Silsbee has a two game lead on it's way to the district championship.  If the whole team got Omicron this Wednesday, after Tuesday's game at Orangefield, there's a very good chance that it would have no impact on their standing at all because they are off Friday.   They'd have time to quarantine, they'd have their natural immunity (which appears to be the only thing that has much value) and they would be good to go. 

On the other hand if the Tigers don't get it now and make it through the first couple of rounds, which they should, and then key players come down with it their season is over.

On the third hand if the Tigers aren't affected by Omicron at all and Faith Family's kids get it during the playoffs then Silsbee's chances of another state championship increase dramatically.

It's an uncertain world for sure.