Next Friday is snap shot day !!!

lcm93

6 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

It’s appears FB has been having declining numbers? FB hasn’t added a school in a while, but neighboring Lamar Consolidated ISD is exploding. I think they have another HS being built right now. 

I don't think FB ISD overall numbers are declining. We played Ridge Point in the 5A-D2 playoffs just six years ago and now they're showing an enrollment of over 3,000 kids. The reason you don't see the exploding growth in the district overall is because a good portion of the eastern part of their district butted up to west Houston serves lower income residents like the kids zoned to Marshall and Willowridge, which aren't growing and actually shrinking like you mentioned. All the growth is on the more rural west side of Fort Bend County in Richmond, Rosenberg and Fulshear. Fort Bend ISD itself is just kind of maxed out space-wise. 

Guest mrtomcat
56 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The entire 59 corridor north of the beltway all the way to Cleveland is growing like that except for Splendora. New Caney had one school in 2010 but next year will have three 5As. Matter of fact pretty much every major thoroughfare coming off the north side of the beltway has growth like that. Other districts just open more schools, Cleveland ISD has chosen not to so far but could probably really use one on the north side of town. 

agreed.   i think they could use something along the plum grove stretch out to 321/105 area

20 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I've heard rumblings of a 5A-D2 school in the area opting up to 5A-D1..not sure how accurate those rumblings are but the source is pretty solid

Baytown Lee opted up with 1,802 last realignment and finished 2nd in 9-5A-D1 which is the local 5A-D1 district for SETX. They should’ve been in 12-5A-D2 which is the other local 5A district for SETX but were made to play with the two other Goose Creek CISD schools which were D1 and actually ended up being the better for it. Usually your opt-ups are in multi-school districts and I can’t think of any other ones around here? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Baytown Lee opted up with 1,802 last realignment and finished 2nd in 9-5A-D1 which is the local 5A-D1 district for SETX. They should’ve been in 12-5A-D2 which is the other local 5A district for SETX but were made to play with the two other Goose Creek CISD schools which were D1 and actually ended up being the better for it. Usually your opt-ups are in multi-school districts and I can’t think of any other ones around here? 

No one would be too interested in "rumblings" from Robert E Lee. Out of pure speculation, and the fact that the 5A D1 district has weaker talent/teams than the D2 district,  it wouldnt surprise me if Asbeck and the Hill decided to opt up. 

On 10/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think FB ISD overall numbers are declining. We played Ridge Point in the 5A-D2 playoffs just six years ago and now they're showing an enrollment of over 3,000 kids. The reason you don't see the exploding growth in the district overall is because a good portion of the eastern part of their district butted up to west Houston serves lower income residents like the kids zoned to Marshall and Willowridge, which aren't growing and actually shrinking like you mentioned. All the growth is on the more rural west side of Fort Bend County in Richmond, Rosenberg and Fulshear. Fort Bend ISD itself is just kind of maxed out space-wise. 

I get that. Ridge Point is basically all Sienna Plantation, but Austin and Bush are the ones I thought would be 3k since they are the most northern and most western school where growth exploded. They butt up to that Lamar Consolidated ISD line, which is where you’re going to see multiple new HS in the next few years. In fact Lamar Consolidated ISD line goes north of I-10 west of Katy HS. They’ll end up like Katy ISD in the future.

They claim 80 high schools with 3,000 or more enrollment.  I can’t imagine going to a school that big.  Times have sure changed.

Btw, whatever the max numbers are for 4A-D1, Vidor will turn in one less.  😂🤣😂.  
Seriously, 5A-D1 is the most equitable division, imo.  Not that much difference between bottom and top, and 5A-D2 might be the least, but all the lower classifications are getting bigger separation as the UIL tries to balance things as best as they can.  One question, will Highland Park move up?  Lmbo!

38 minutes ago, Hagar said:

They claim 80 high schools with 3,000 or more enrollment.  I can’t imagine going to a school that big.  Times have sure changed.

Btw, whatever the max numbers are for 4A-D1, Vidor will turn in one less.  😂🤣😂.  
Seriously, 5A-D1 is the most equitable division, imo.  Not that much difference between bottom and top, and 5A-D2 might be the least, but all the lower classifications are getting bigger separation as the UIL tries to balance things as best as they can.  One question, will Highland Park move up?  Lmbo!

You have a better chance at winning Powerball and Texas Lotto on the same night. 

Previous Cutoff numbers (2020 realignment)

Credit:  

This is the hidden content, please

A Division I 59.5 – 104.9 77 schools
1A Division II 59.4 and below 76 schools
2A Division I 165.5 – 229 97 schools
2A Division II 105 – 165.4 93 schools
3A Division I 350 – 514 105 schools
3A Division II 230 – 349 105 schools
4A Division I 880-1229 95 schools
4A Division II 515 – 879 93 schools
5A Division I 1922 - 2219 129 schools
5A Division II 1230 - 1921 122 schools