The word is B-E-R-T-H

MelanieT

As the writer among you (read: not as high on the food chain as a broadcast journalist or a coach) ;), the word is berth, not birth. Berth is a place or a position. As in, they have a playoff berth. You're not giving birth to the playoffs. It is with great affection that offer this tip. I know it will mean a lot of each of you and that you'll all have a better day because of this post! ;) **ducking from whatever is about to be thrown**

As the writer among you (read: not as high on the food chain as a broadcast journalist or a coach) ;), the word is berth, not birth. Berth is a place or a position. As in, they have a playoff berth. You're not giving birth to the playoffs. It is with great affection that I offer this tip. I know it will mean a lot to of each of you and that you'll all have a better day because of this post! ;) **ducking from whatever is about to be thrown**

Come on Melanie T - Don't duck --- take it like a (wo)man.

Go Bucs

CircleChange: Excellent point.  ;)

babyshoe: ROFL. "or VS. are" -- There are some days when I have to bite on a bullet to get through the posts. A lot of them are more like typographical errors because the guys get so passionate about their topic. But, the ones that offer no punctuation, I won't even attempt to read anymore. Buy a comma, please.     

dav-j: I have two little kids and a husband of 21 yrs. I'm plenty used to duckin' and weavin' and I ain't changin' now. Survival, my friend, survival.  :D

I'm more concerned about the playoff scernios and secernios and sarnarios. 

It's "scenario" people! 

Also, the they're, their, there confusion drives me nuts :).  I usually let a few typos slide, but when people make posts and mess up in the title it blows my mind.

As the writer among you (read: not as high on the food chain as a broadcast journalist or a coach) ;), the word is berth, not birth. Berth is a place or a position. As in, they have a playoff berth. You're not giving birth to the playoffs. It is with great affection that offer this tip. I know it will mean a lot of each of you and that you'll all have a better day because of this post! ;) **ducking from whatever is about to be thrown**

Do I sense condescension or maybe sarcasm? 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw