Bishop Sycamore football in Ohio

Found this story floating around: 

This is an insane story. 

“Bishop Sycamore” football played Sto-Rox Friday, then played IMG Academy Sunday on ESPN. 

Except that Bishop Sycamore may not be a real school, and allegedly lied about the caliber of its players. 

This is the hidden content, please

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

Aren’t the “kids” from Bishop Sycamore like already graduated? I thought I read where one of their players played in juco last year now playing hard ball again…

funny that Bishop Sycamore initials are BS and they just BS their way onto ESPN lol 

Espn didn't do their homework. Apparently this "school" lost two weeks ago to a bad private school outta Akron, that should've been a red flag. 

And yeah I believe we read the same thing, they had a Texas kid on their roster who played this weekend at his HS in Houston. They had another kid who apparently thinks he had 15 imaginary D1 offers. I can't believe that fake school, administration and parents are that pathetic. And why they even sign up to get whooped for a second straight year is mind-blowing too. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Espn didn't do their homework. Apparently this "school" lost two weeks ago to a bad private school outta Akron, that should've been a red flag. 

And yeah I believe we read the same thing, they had a Texas kid on their roster who played this weekend at his HS in Houston. They had another kid who apparently thinks he had 15 imaginary D1 offers. I can't believe that fake school, administration and parents are that pathetic. And why they even sign up to get whooped for a second straight year is mind-blowing too. 

Wow… This is a huge bad look on ESPN part, 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If I'm scheduled to play them this season I'd drop the game ASAP and find another opponent, more than enough time to do so. 

Absolutely! The only downfall for Duncanville is they are a victim to their own success… a lesser not talented team will probably not want to schedule them. But someone might step up and take them on! Sure hope so for the kids sake 

6 minutes ago, bleacher_bum said:

Crazy story.  Gotta wonder...what the hell they were thinking?  They had to know they would be found out.  But at least it just exposes another arena where ESPN is just a hack network who is just the big boy on the block, thinks everything is just given to them without their due diligence...

Yeah Espn didn't do their homework but majority of this is on the adults affiliated with that "school", they've been lying to kids, families, coaches amongst others for years. Weird thing is if they wasn't on Espn this would still be a silent thing, Espn indirectly helped expose them. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:25 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah Espn didn't do their homework but majority of this is on the adults affiliated with that "school", they've been lying to kids, families, coaches amongst others for years. Weird thing is if they wasn't on Espn this would still be a silent thing, Espn indirectly helped expose them. 

ESPN just showed the game. Paragon has done the actual high school scheduling for ESPN the last couple decades. True, someone at the actual network probably should always go verify but Paragon said they have dealt with teams that have sketchy information before and never been burned. If ESPN was truly aware of any issues I'm sure the producers would've come through Luginbill's earpiece and told him to shut up. School is only really a couple of years old so I doubt parents actually understood what was truly going on until Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

ESPN just showed the game. Paragon has done the actual high school scheduling for ESPN the last couple decades. True, someone at the actual network probably should always go verify but Paragon said they have dealt with teams that have sketchy information before and never been burned. If ESPN was truly aware of any issues I'm sure the producers would've come through Luginbill's earpiece and told him to shut up. School is only really a couple of years old so I doubt parents actually understood what was truly going on until Sunday. 

Espn know now.