College Baseball national Champions?

Who will win the 2008 College Baseball National Title?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2008 College Baseball National Title?

• Oregon State
    • Rice
    • Texas
    • Baylor
    • Florida
    • LSU
    • Georgia
    • Georgia Tech
    • West Virginia
    • Vanderbilt
    • Purdue
    • Miami

I know its tough to figure in college baseball with people leaving for pros and graduating, but this is the final poll form last season, or at least one of them:

1. OREGON STATE

• Record: 49-18

2. NORTH CAROLINA

• Record: 57-16

3. RICE

• Record: 56-14

4. UC IRVINE

• Record: 47-17

5. ARIZONA STATE

• Record: 49-15

6. VANDERBILT

• Record: 54-13

7. LOUISVILLE

• Record: 47-24

8. MISSISSIPPI ST.

• Record: 38-22

9. SOUTH CAROLINA

• Record: 46-20

10. CS FULLERTON

• Record: 38-25

11. TEXAS A&M

• Record: 48-19

12. WICHITA STATE

• Record: 53-22

13. TEXAS

• Record: 46-17

14. FLORIDA STATE

• Record: 49-13

15. MISSISSIPPI

• Record: 40-25

16. VIRGINIA

• Record: 45-16

17. CLEMSON

• Record: 41-23

18. SAN DIEGO

• Record: 43-18

19. OKLAHOMA STATE

• Record: 42-21

20. ARKANSAS

• Record: 43-21

21. MICHIGAN

• Record: 42-19

22. UCLA

• Record: 33-28

23 C CAROLINA

• Record: 50-13

24. MISSOURI

• Record: 42-18

25. CHARLOTTE

• Record: 49-12

Others RV: Arizona, TCU, UC Riverside, Long Beach State, Louisiana-Lafayette

why is baylor one of the choices  ???

Apparently Baylor had a Top 5 recruiting class a year or to ago, and this is the seaon they are supposed to "Make Some Noise"  There is talent on the team if they can pull it all together, and Coach Steve Smith can keep them away from Reckling Park @ Rice where they have lost in the last two Regionals.

• 1 month later...

Baylor had a good team last year as well, just a little young.  I think they will be in the mix in the big 12 this year.  As for the NC, Arizona State to me seems to be returning the most impact players, so they should make some noise, along with Rice, N. Carolina, and Oregon State. 

Hope Childress has A&M ready. :)

• 2 weeks later...

why is baylor one of the choices  ???

Baylor had the number 1 recruiting class 2 years ago and played most of them as freshman last year....i saw the baseball america people had them picked to go to the college world series this year....had some growing pains last year but were playing better at the end of the season, hopefully we are good enough to host our own regional/super regional again, beating rice at their place is not fun to try to do...

• 1 month later...

Why in the world is A&M not on this poll? they lost to Rice in the Super Regional last year

Their top 2 starters from last year are gone and there are big questions about replacing them.  They do have lots of expirence back in the line-up, so a run to a regional is pretty promising, however splitting with Northern Colorado to start the season is not what most people expected.  I bet they lay it on McNeese tonight.

Why in the world is A&M not on this poll? they lost to Rice in the Super Regional last year

Their top 2 starters from last year are gone and there are big questions about replacing them.  They do have lots of expirence back in the line-up, so a run to a regional is pretty promising, however splitting with Northern Colorado to start the season is not what most people expected.  I bet they lay it on McNeese tonight.

i know, i was at the games this past weekend, and i agree splitting with UNC isnt very good but i still believe they'll come around and will be playing about the same time they did last year...hopefully longer

i know, i was at the games this past weekend, and i agree splitting with UNC isnt very good but i still believe they'll come around and will be playing about the same time they did last year...hopefully longer

Probably so...do me a favor...try and keep them away from Reckling Park this season.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder