Hardin football

I can't believe that Hardin's QB, Jordan Nolan, is ranked in the area as one one the highest rated passers. Have they watched any Hardin games this year? I heard a rumor from someone I know in Hardin that some people in Hardin are actually thinking that he is gonna get a college scholarship for football. What are they putting in the water over there because these people really are crazy!!

Formerhornet = Jealousy

This person under this name is someone that probably wished they had the opportunity to be coached under Coach Haynes. Jordan is currently 146 of 227 with 2,436 yds passing &  64.32% for the year so far. He also has 30 TD's &  6 interceptions. I've known this individual for a few years & he's a talented & gifted athlete, not to mention academically blessed. If this individual that claims he/she's from Hardin, well he/she should be proud of the teams accomplishments for the succesful year they've been having and not hating on the fact what people are claiming to hear.

[move]Go Hornets!!![/move]

P.S. For some reason I think formerhornet may be from the class of 85 or the son from the class of 85 ??? But then again, I COULD be wrong!  :D

I was associated with Hardin, years ago, as a coach and if formerhornet was a student/player from that era he exhibits a lot of the attitude the coaches battled with back then.  There were a number of students whose attitude just plain sucked.  They had a mental block about winning football games.  Back then we had some awesome junior high teams but when those guys got to high school something happened and those glory junior high days gave way to varsity seasons of 1, 2, or 3 wins. 

I have kept my eye on the progress of Hardin athletics over the years and it is great to see them competitive in basketball and now this year in football.  Let's not forget the girls programs too (state ranked in VB and BB I believe). 

Go Hornets....best of luck the rest of the season. 

I continually hear the same thing coming from many people on this board, "they haven't played any one!"  I am a coach and I would like to say this....  People have said the same thing about us in Buna and we know that Buna and Hardin are dang good football teams.  You play each week whoever is on the schedule and if you are a good football team you do what these 2 teams have done!  You pound your opponents!  That is exactly what both teams have done.  Weaker opponents have been hammered and when we face good opponents, our kids still play great!  Hardin played great against Buna and Buna did the same against EC!  Good teams always rise to the top in the end, no matter who the opponents are!  Good luck Hornets, and keep playing hard!  Every team in the district knows you guys can play!  Good luck to my Coogs also!

I continually hear the same thing coming from many people on this board, "they haven't played any one!"  I am a coach and I would like to say this....  People have said the same thing about us in Buna and we know that Buna and Hardin are dang good football teams.  You play each week whoever is on the schedule and if you are a good football team you do what these 2 teams have done!  You pound your opponents!  That is exactly what both teams have done.  Weaker opponents have been hammered and when we face good opponents, our kids still play great!  Hardin played great against Buna and Buna did the same against EC!  Good teams always rise to the top in the end, no matter who the opponents are!  Good luck Hornets, and keep playing hard!  Every team in the district knows you guys can play!  Good luck to my Coogs also!

Sounds good to me, Coach!  Thanks for the kudos and your boys can play too!  Sounds like it was a doozy against EC...

Guest dailynews

A new coach comes in and turns a program around and all you people can do is bad mouth him. You either have a grudge against Haines or you are jealous of him. Get over your insecurities and let the man coach his football team. Good luck in the Playoffs Hornets.

Guest TravelingBandsman

A new coach comes in and turns a program around and all you people can do is bad mouth him. You either have a grudge against Haines or you are jealous of him. Get over your insecurities and let the man coach his football team. Good luck in the Playoffs Hornets.

Only one guy was flaming Coach Haynes.

Yes, I understand that Hardin is 8-1. Do people not understand that the only reason they are 8-1 is because of the WEAK non-district schedule they played. I mean when you play a couple of Class A schools, do you really expect much competition from them at all. Come on Hardin fans, WAKE UP! You're team is good, but not THAT GOOD! They will make the playoffs, as the 3rd place team, and then get CRUSHED in the first round, by a far superior team.

Yes, I am a graduate of Hardin, and I am proud of them but everyone in Hardin needs to face reality and realize that the team is not that good.

preach on hardin aint the greatest

well hardin may not be that good in your eyes but i am dang proud of them for having the season they are, last year they barely finished with 14 players and this year at the same time every one is still healthy and plus the record is almost completely reversed. I am so proud of this team and coach haynes, they are having an excellent year and i hope they continue to do this good in playoffs.

GO HORNETS!!![move][/move]

Im from HD, I play football for HD, so there for i dont like Hardin. BUT, i did go watch Hardin play on my bye week. And Jordan Nolan is the real deal, the kid is a GREAT QB. Coach Haynes is a great coach. Hardin has alot of good athletes. The team is really good!

well hardin may not be that good in your eyes but i am dang proud of them for having the season they are, last year they barely finished with 14 players and this year at the same time every one is still healthy and plus the record is almost completely reversed. I am so proud of this team and coach haynes, they are having an excellent year and i hope they continue to do this good in playoffs.

GO HORNETS!!![move][/move]

people need to stop badmouthing haynes...

the guy has led the hornets to the playoffs.

GOOD LUCK HORNETS!!!

I have been watching this post and was not going to say anything - but good sense left me and I have to respond.  Come on man - any team that is 8 and 1 is not bad and Hardin has had a great year and the Coaches and players from Hardin deserve all the praise that every other 8 and 1 team gets - regardless of their supposed "weak schedule" (which can be debated on its on merits - but not now).  How deep they will go in the playoffs is yet to be determined - but even if they don't go deep that should not take away from the great season the team and individual players have had.

Heck - last year the team I thought was the best I have ever seen - WOS - lost in the 2nd round.

Hardin Hornets - from this Liberty Panther fan - Have fun and play hard and let the chips fall where they may - GOOD LUCK and Congratulations

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder