*WO-S 41 Jasper 21 Final/Comments*

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Orange-Stark 41, Jasper 21 - Final

Scoring summary

WOS -- DePauldrick Garrett 2-yard run. PAT Kick ( James Haynes ), 04:23, 1st.

JAS -- Dominique Bailey 10-yard run. PAT Kick ( David Beck ), 10:15, 2nd.

WOS -- DePauldrick Garrett 2-yard pass. PAT Failed kick ( ), 06:06, 2nd.

JAS -- Dominique Bailey 25-yard pass to William Brooks. PAT Kick ( David Beck ), 00:00, 2nd.

WOS -- DePauldrick Garrett 27-yard run. PAT 2 Pt Run ( Ortavious Hypolite ), 10:06, 3rd.

WOS -- DePauldrick Garrett 7-yard run. PAT Kick ( James Haynes ), 2:02, 3rd.

WOS -- Ronnie Dennis 84-yard punt return. PAT Kick ( James Haynes ), 10:12, 4th.

JAS -- Dominique Bailey 2-yard run. PAT Kick ( David Beck ), 4:27, 4th.

WOS -- Ortavious Hypolite 2-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 1:17, 4th.

Team Stats

West Orange-Stark  Jasper

Total yards            296                215

First downs            19                  13

Rushes/Yds          42/222            39/96

Average rush          5.29              2.46

Comp/Atts              5/8                9/22

Pass yards              74                119

Comp pct              62.5              40.91

Punts                      2                    4

Punting Yards          58                143

Punting Average      29                35.75

Fumbles/Lost          4/2                1/1

Penalties-yards      4-45              3-8

Brooks tackled for loss

3rd and 3

Option for 1 yard

4th down

punt to 16--return for TD by Ronnie Dennis.

35-14 WO-S

Jasper fans bailing out according to announcers.

I felt so bad for your players. With almost 11 minutes remaining in the game, there was a thick line of fans steadily flowing out of the gates. It was sort of sad. Those who stuck it out showed their colors by lining up to cheer and pat the Jasper players on the back as they left the field, but 90 percent of the Jasper crowd ran out when almost a full quarter remained. That's sickening.

Jasper has a lot of potential. Your young QB is going to be something special, and you put more points on our defense than any other team we've played - including Dayton and Bay City (AND you scored on us in the second half). I was pretty impressed. Jasper is back! I'm rooting for the dawgs, as always (except on the WO-S/Jasper night).

I hope your players keep their heads up and make the playoffs. They deserve it. Scoring that TD with just a few seconds left in the first half showed me a lot. I'm glad we've got better teams coming up the next two years, because otherwise, the dawgs wouldn't even be challenged.

Thanks for a fun game, Jasper.

Well I am glad KOGT has radio internet figured out because whatever version of player you need to play KJAS is a mystery to me.  Those announcers on KOGT did a very good job.  You don't often hear high school announcers that aren't totally biased.  They were Stangs no doubt, but gave credit and respect to the opponent.  Hooks after game interview would need to be censored to post on here btw.  You could tell he doesn't care much for Jasper, but that is understandable (heck he probably hates everyone that isn't wearing blue and silver)  WO-S defense did the job once again, and the offense came alive when they had too.  I hear alot of grumbling about the offense and the silly dump off pass all the time, and I think I "heard" why they use that play so much.  It seemed Hypolite isn't near as effective trying to throw the ball down field.  Personally, it seemed like WO-S is much more dangerous just running the ball using the Garret brothers and Hypolite anyways.  Dennis on an end around, reverse, bubble pass, middle screen etc would be a must.

Good luck to the Stangs in the playoffs and I hope to see a Giddings rematch.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

WE WILL NOT BEAT GIDDINGS IF WE DON'T START THROWING SOME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD ON FIRST AND 2ND DOWN. THEY WILL KILL US. WHY WHY WHY? ARE WE SO PREDICTABLE?

WE WILL NOT BEAT GIDDINGS IF WE DON'T START THROWING SOME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD ON FIRST AND 2ND DOWN. THEY WILL KILL US. WHY WHY WHY? ARE WE SO PREDICTABLE?

We have thrown the ball this year.  We either overthrow or we drop it.  I think the coaches at this point are calling a good game.  They, of course, are not responsible for lack of execution.  The score would have not even been close if we hadn't had a couple of bad snaps, blocked punt,....Coaches didn't call that play.

My point is, what we are doing is working.  If Hypo can get a little better touch on his release, we will be able to connect the long pass and really be dangerous.  I understand what you are saying about the short pass, but didn't see that we needed it last night.  Running game was awesome and if that is working, it's less likely to cause turnovers.  I know that we had a couple of fumbles, but when you take the ball out of someone's hands, (putting it in the air, etc.), there's more chance for something to go wrong.  Just my opinion, though....I don't necessarily see the game the same as everybody else, I realize that as well.  I'm just so proud of the Mustangs for their fight last night.  They NEVER quit!!!!

Guest Wos Grad 2000

We make defenses look good. We have to throw more on 1st down and keep the defenses off balance. That doesn't happen. We have 2 or 3 plays. Sideline pass and Bomb. Against Giddings that will have to change for us to have a chance. They will stop our run!!!

Giddings WILL NOT (STOP) the mustangs run. BUT the Mustangs will haft to figer out how to stop giddings QB like thay did last year.GIDDINGS is a very balanced team like last year .wo-s this year has seen some dang very good QB and this is a plus.bay city has some of the best receivers in the state and the mustangs did a fair job on them.and in closeing i would say this, this district has some DANG GOOD running backs

We make defenses look good. We have to throw more on 1st down and keep the defenses off balance. That doesn't happen. We have 2 or 3 plays. Sideline pass and Bomb. Against Giddings that will have to change for us to have a chance. They will stop our run!!!

Its hard to throw over the middle not to mention dangerous when you have a pretty inaccurate QB.  The bombs and screens take out the interception for the most part.  I hear the freshman is a heck of alot better passer so in years to come they will throw over the middle.  You cant just do it cuz you need to you also have to be able to.

I agree.  Bashing the play calling gets old after awhile, especially when you're winning.  (And by as much as we won last nigh).  If Giddings beats us, then they are the better team, plain and simple.  I just think that they will have their hands full because our defense (though still young) is better this year than last.  We just expect so much.  

We have refused to throw in the middle for years. Need to throw more on first down don't you think so?

He threw over the middle a little early in the season and even completed some passes but he just is so inaccurate its too big of a risk when you can run it and get 4 or 5 on first down.

I agree.  Bashing the play calling gets old after awhile, especially when you're winning.  (And by as much as we won last nigh).  If Giddings beats us, then they are the better team, plain and simple.  I just think that they will have their hands full because our defense (though still young) is better this year than last.  We just expect so much.  

I didn't mean to agree to the post just before this one, I was agreeing to the one before THAT.  But to answer 2000's post, I don't necessarily think that we should throw more on first down.  What we are doing now is working.  Every now and then, just as we did last night, we can TRY, if the opportunity is right, but don't bash the OC or play calling if the pass is not completed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder