Nederland vs. Barbers Hill Nov. 13th Predictions?

I don't know how many of either team play football but both schools will probably still be in the playoff picture.Barbers Hill won't be bad.I got a chance to watch Y'barra this summer and he can play.They were beating Kountze until they made massive sustitutions with some young kids.This game will be close and this early in the season it will be a toss up.I'm going with the eagles because of a decent inside game.BH by 6.

Guest Ricthepic

Depends where the game is played. If it's at BH, the Dogs are down 10 right now. If the game is in Ned. Dogs should win. Should be a good year for the pups.

I will take BH in this one.  If all people worry about is the officiating at BH then this team should slip under the radar.  BH has some talented players ( from what I watched this summer ).  BH and HJ must use the same officials because if what you say is true about both, any team that plays them at their gym is already down by 10 points.

Guest Ricthepic

Nederland has an excellent group of returners. Lots of depth, excellent bench coach. And the officating at the Hill is horrible. It overshadows the BH bb program, which is very good on it's own merit.

I'll take Nederland,they have the New-Comer of the year in Hammons (spelling), and all BH has is Ybarra I'll take Ned by 10. Plus I was working the basketball tournament that Ned. upset Memorial while J'Covan was playing. I'm a silsbee tiger, but I think Ned is very underrated.

Nederland in a close one.  The chemistry between the dogs Junior starters(Hammond, Pitts, and Torres) has been developing since they started for Central Middle School.  They've never been separated. You add Josh Dean as another Junior that has been playing in rec. league with the other three for years and the chemistry is outstanding.  Mix in Senior Buddy Cooper and Coach English and it's a competitive combination.  This is a preseason game so the coaches will try some different combinations, so it will be close.

Lot of talk about this for such an early game.  Seems like high hopes for Nederland as well.  One key might be what football players will be missing for both teams.  I do not think Nederland has any playing football.  BH probably will, but they might not make playoffs in football.  I think both schools are similar.  Same type of players.  BH has more tradition though in terms of winning in bball.  When is Nederlands tournament?  I always enjoy that one- small and hospitable.

One key might be what football players will be missing for both teams.  I do not think Nederland has any playing football.   When is Nederlands tournament? 

Nederland doesn't have any football players, except one Freshman that might see some Varsity time this season. Bulldog Classic is Nov. 29 - Dec. 1.

I have no idea how Barbers Hill is but I played against Nederland a few times this summer and they have excellent three point shooters. You can not give any of their guards an open shot cause they will kill it all night. Their inside game did not effect us that much I didn't think. And coach english is a GREAT coach. I loved playing for him. He is missed at vidor...not saying robertson is not a good coach. Nederland will do fine. Cant wait to play them Saturday.

Yea that's what they did to us in summer league. Who were their shooters?

Chris Hammond is the leading shooter.  He will get some support from Evan Fitch, Jordan Pitts, Buddy Cooper, and Francis Torres.  They've all continued to improve since last year and can knock it down from the three point line.  A team will have to pick their poison this year.  Can't just concentrate on one shooter.

Agree'd but Evan Fitch and Chris Hammond can sit back beyond the three point line and just tear it up from there, Francis Torres also has a tendency to get hot from anywhere on the court and is a fantastic ballhandler. Jordan Pitts is a very aggressive player, he plays 100 % both ways, and Buddy is also another great shooter!

Geez I can't wait until this season kicks off, I missed the Scrimmage they had today against Jasper  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder