Predictions On LU's Record This Year?

Guest Ozen

Who will they beat and who will they not beat?

2007-08 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Schedule

Nov. 3 Incarnate Word (Exh.)

Nov. 10 Central Oklahoma (Exh.)

Nov. 13 LeTourneau University

Nov. 16 at Mississippi

Nov. 19 Wyoming

Nov. 24 Oral Roberts

Nov. 28 at New Orleans

Dec. 1 at Northern Illinois

Dec. 4 St. Gregory's

Dec. 8 Louisiana College

Dec. 12 at Brigham Young University

Dec. 22 Rice University

Dec. 29 Lyon College

Jan. 1 at Texas Tech

Jan. 8 Utah Valley State

Jan. 12 *Texas-San Antonio

Jan. 17 *at Stephen F. Austin

Jan. 19 *Sam Houston State

Jan. 24 *at Central Arkansas

Jan. 26 *at Northwestern State

Feb. 2 *McNeese State

Feb. 7 *at Nicholls State

Feb. 9 *Southeastern Louisiana

Feb. 14 *Texas-Arlington

Feb. 16 *at Texas State

Feb. 21 *Central Arkansas

Feb. 23 *Northwestern State

Feb. 28 *at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

Mar. 1 *at McNeese State

Mar. 6 *Nicholls State

Mar. 8 *at Southeastern Louisiana

Mar. 13-16 Southland Conference Tournament

Guest coachacola

I'm going out on a limb and say 24-5, not counting the exhibition games or the SLC tourney.  They'll lose 3 pre-conference games (at Miss, at BYU, at TT) and only lose 2 conference games.  They'll be undefeated at home this year.  Both the men's and the women's team will make the NCAA tourney.

I'm going out on a limb and say 24-5, not counting the exhibition games or the SLC tourney.  They'll lose 3 pre-conference games (at Miss, at BYU, at TT) and only lose 2 conference games.  They'll be undefeated at home this year.  Both the men's and the women's team will make the NCAA tourney.

Good prediction....I see something similar.

Guest coachacola

I actually think LU may beat BYU or Texas Tech but lose to maybe a New Orleans or Northern Illinois.  You never know, especially those November and early December games.  It all depends how quickly this team comes together.

With a tougher schedule and all the turmoil last year Lamar still won 15 games.  This year eveyone's in shape, only Hall is starting the year less than 100%, and Roc has a year of head coaching under his belt.  With a little easier schedule and no major injuries (knock on wood) this team should win at least 20 games.  If they jell come conference time then 24 wins is not out of the question.

Last year you just knew Lamar had no chance to beat Memphis or A&M.  There's no one like that on schedule this year.  It will be very difficult to beat Miss, BYU and TT on the road, but not impossible.  And of course there's no standout team in the SLC.  This should be a fun year for Lamar basketball, no matter what happens.

Guest abovetherim

Okay, Okay, I'll make a predication. Lamar wins 20 games, wins the SLC tournament but is a 15th seed due to a "soft" schedule and will lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament to a #2 seed. Yeah, if I'm wrong, isn't not the first time. I lost more money to my father betting on the Cardinals than I care to remember.

this would definitely be easier to predict after watching a few early games, but i'm going to say 19-10, and that's after buying into the fact that the conference coaches have picked them so high.  I hope they can get past their inconsistencies and tear it up this year.

2007-08 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Schedule

Nov. 3 Incarnate Word (Exh.)

Nov. 10 Central Oklahoma (Exh.)

Nov. 13 LeTourneau University - W

Nov. 16 at Mississippi - L

Nov. 19 Wyoming - W

Nov. 24 Oral Roberts - W

Nov. 28 at New Orleans - L

Dec. 1 at Northern Illinois - W

Dec. 4 St. Gregory's - W

Dec. 8 Louisiana College - W

Dec. 12 at Brigham Young University - L

Dec. 22 Rice University - W

Dec. 29 Lyon College - W

Jan. 1 at Texas Tech - L

Jan. 8 Utah Valley State - W

Jan. 12 *Texas-San Antonio - W

Jan. 17 *at Stephen F. Austin  - W

Jan. 19 *Sam Houston State - W

Jan. 24 *at Central Arkansas - W

Jan. 26 *at Northwestern State - L

Feb. 2 *McNeese State - W

Feb. 7 *at Nicholls State - W

Feb. 9 *Southeastern Louisiana - W

Feb. 14 *Texas-Arlington - W

Feb. 16 *at Texas State - W

Feb. 21 *Central Arkansas - W

Feb. 23 *Northwestern State -W

Feb. 28 *at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - L

Mar. 1 *at McNeese State - W

Mar. 6 *Nicholls State - W

Mar. 8 *at Southeastern Louisiana - L

22-7 (13-3)

Probably good enough for a 2 seed in the SLC tournament - then we have to see what happens!

Guest coachacola

I'd be happy with 22-7 (13-3).  This year's schedule looks easier than last year's.  No top 10 teams, 5 cupcakes (and if they lose any of those 5 then they have serious problems), and they play UTA and Sam Houston at home.  Lamar may have a problem getting a good RPI, no matter how many games they win, unless they can win some of those tough games on the road.

• 4 weeks later...

11 loses...to who?  coach is right, this schedule is much easier with a much improved team...on paper.

+23 wins in my prediction.

Now that LU is 4 games into the season, do you still think 19-11 is a biased prediction against LU?  The Cards will get it together --- eventually.  It will take some time for the LU coaching staff to figure out rotations for offense/defense, blend the chemistry, and find kids who will play fearless when the lights are bright.

LU fans were optimistic and excited about their team (rightfully so), but this is D-I basketball, not HS.  Other teams have good athletes and playmakers.  Predictions of LU beating Wyoming and ORU were optimistic, but a little much of a tall order.  LU has new talent to blend, it will take time and patience.  For all the offense that fans want to see, it is defense and rebounding that will be most important for LU this season.  The Cards will be fine when SLC play rolls around ... and that is when it matters most.  LU fans should not go crazy after the Cards take their show on the road to UNO and Northern Illinois.  LU fans just need to roll with the ups and downs of the non-conferenece schedule and be ready to fight it out in the SLC.  I'll stick with 19-11.

Good Luck LU.  Peace.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder