What's up with the Bridge City defense?

coach tarver is still coaching i talked to him before the school year was over.  i said that about coach stump because i can see it, the ground work is being laid for a tradition of excellence, not just on the field but in the class room, in the weight room, building character.  not that tarver didnt do that its just that he made certain decisions throughout the game itself that left you scratching your head like  ??? for example , october 31, 2003 buna 8 bc 2...we called a pass on 4th and 1, didnt make it, didnt make the playoffs.  tarver was one of my favorite coaches but just by talking to the seniors this year, i know i would do anything to play for coach stump.

I spoke with Coach Tarver this weekend, he is not coaching. He retired however his wife continues

to work.

"We will get through this year and then pull out the scorecards for a reminder of how we gave up 60 points to certain teams and then it will be on....Go Cards!!!!!!!"

What are you saying BCBACKER07...I sure can remember a few years back when yall put 48 points on the board against us and scored late in that game instead of downing it. What is that they say...what comes around, goes around!!!   

You can read and you know exactly what I mean.  All these threads and you pick mine to reply too.  Must feel a little guilty. Great game and great sportsmanship by both teams but you are exactly right what comes around, goes around and every dog (I mean cat) has his day!!!!!Go Cards

"We will get through this year and then pull out the scorecards for a reminder of how we gave up 60 points to certain teams and then it will be on....Go Cards!!!!!!!"

What are you saying BCBACKER07...I sure can remember a few years back when yall put 48 points on the board against us and scored late in that game instead of downing it. What is that they say...what comes around, goes around!!!   

I have no problem with running the score up.   The game is not over until the clock say 00:00.    I always like when teams finish the game instead of letting up.   If you can't keep up that is just to bad.  I know the NFL is not High School, this past weekend Tennesse was up 35-7 in the 4th against Houston and they started playing conservative.  Houston came back and took the lead with 40 sec. on the clock.  So my philosophy is don't ever let up.    It's more insulting for me to see a team stop playing a still beat you.  That shows how bad you really are if a team doesn't even have to finish to win. 

First of all, I never stated that there was more than ONE returning starter.  The post I posted simply said that there was more than ONE player who had varsity experience  I knew of at least ONE more senior who played and from the looks of it...there were quite a few more.  Just need to clarify MY previous post.

I agree with all the points made about the Cardinals being young and inexperienced with no depth. But there's a time that the " young and inexperience" excuse can no longer be used. After 9 games( 2 scrimmages included) there should be some growth there. What I have seen is a team progressively getting worse as the season goes on. Yes, maybe the competition has gotten better for BC, but the fact remains, the Cards are just not that good this year. I believe it's more of a lack of talent than anything else. To me, the cycle of lesser talent has hit Bridge City. Most small schools go through it.

I can agree with most of your post. However, BC does not seem to be getting worse. As you stated the opponents are a little stronger than some previous opponents. And don't for get that the other teams are playing just as many games and improving as the season progresses also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder