What's up with the Bridge City defense?

The Cardinals have given up 209 points in just 4 district games, for an avg. of 52 points a game, with still Kirbyville, HF, and WOS left to play. It's very possible for BC to give up over 350 points in the 7 district games. What's up?

are they playing freshman and Sophs on Varsity?

Out of 5 seniors, only Patrick Carlton has played varsity ball.Lot's of sophmores and juniors.

thats very untrue, wr/db troy luce, lb/dl micheal kosh, ol/dl arron winn, ol/dl kevin buchanon, lb/rb kris wedekind, wr/db tyer ladner, & dl garret mcniel

mcneil isnt playing anymore but started 1 or 2 games last year at nose for chase warner then shared time with him, and ladner played some offence if im correct not very much, micheal kosh made many tackles on special teams last year,  kevin buchanon played some D last year, kris wedekind shared and started some as soph and junior at Port Neches, arron winn had alot of sharing time and played some d, troy luce had alot of playing time starting 1 or 2 games....

and from what ive seen of these seniors from last year some should be starting and others deff. sharing playing time

The Cardinals have given up 209 points in just 4 district games, for an avg. of 52 points a game, with still Kirbyville, HF, and WOS left to play. It's very possible for BC to give up over 350 points in the 7 district games. What's up?

If we play like we played HJ, it will be 52 points in the first quarter. I've never seen BC in that bad of a shape. They should have kept coach Tarver.

If we play like we played HJ, it will be 52 points in the first quarter. I've never seen BC in that bad of a shape. They should have kept coach Tarver.

It wasn't BC who wanted to get rid of Tarver -- Tarver's wife had accepted a job in Ft. Worth, so he wanted to be with family, of course.   Honestly, I don't think Tarver could have had done any better this season, these guys are just so very young and very inexperienced.  I'm very concerned w/ what Kirbyville & WO-S will do to BC, and not even on purpose!  One thing that I give those boys out on the field, they play till the end, and for that, what more could you ask for on a extremely bad season.  Everyone knew from BC going into this season that we might be lucky to win 3 games this season, but I really never did picture an 0-10 season.. Maybe BC can do the ultimate sneakup on one of the remaining teams.  Either way, those boys could have just said screw it and forfeit the season, thankfully, they have enough respect for themselves than to do that.

Well, it's Kirbyville homecoming and we are not going to take them lightly. We learned our lesson against Orangefield. Also Kirbyville has a young team with about 6 or 7 key players out due to injuries. We haven't been right since the Carthage game in my opinion. Good luck Cardinals......yall gonna need it. ;)

East TX  i geuss ur not paying any attention at all did  no BC's freshman had only lost one game before they combined them with the JV and the JV didnt loose one game till they brought up half there team to the Varsity so that probley means the Varsity will be a Whole lot better the next couple of years. If you dont no anything at all about BC then Just dont Comment ON THEM!

Touche'.

I thought they had more than just ONE senior with varsity experience coming back.  They are a young team and every once in a while...teams just have to rebuild.  Looks like that's where BC is right now.

BC has one returning starter from last year.  Patrick Carlton the center.  BC knew that this was going to be a tough year, but we were hoping to pull out a few wins.  Hasn't happened so far.  Coach Stump has not given up on this team and neither have they.

lets not even start the "why did they get rid of tarver " stuff. if you people cant see that the reason for this season is because of the lack of talent, number of seniors, size, and depth then you really dont know football.  tarver was a good guy and i'd say a pretty good coach, but i hope i make it clear when i say that coach stump is a GREAT coach, give him some time to sink his teeth in this pool of athletes.  if coach stump was here two years ago, the seniors of 06/07 would all have a ring on their finger, with that much depth speed and size in the team of the "rita season"  coach tarver tried to get the spread going but when push came to shove he was a 70%run 30% pass type of guy.  and hes still coaching a secondary at a school in ft worth. 

and all of the seniors on the team had playing time last year, but only patrick carlton started all the games, luce and winn started a few games last year, and patrick is the only one w/ three years varsity experience.  within 3 years bc will be back in the playoffs

I agree with all the points made about the Cardinals being young and inexperienced with no depth. But there's a time that the " young and inexperience" excuse can no longer be used. After 9 games( 2 scrimmages included) there should be some growth there. What I have seen is a team progressively getting worse as the season goes on. Yes, maybe the competition has gotten better for BC, but the fact remains, the Cards are just not that good this year. I believe it's more of a lack of talent than anything else. To me, the cycle of lesser talent has hit Bridge City. Most small schools go through it.

Colton Gurea, Scott Romero, Michael Kosh, Cody Eldridge, Hunter Aucion, Blake Hubbard, Quentin Ilse, Garrett McNeil, and Jason Breaux were all guys that were supposed to be leading the Cardinal Defense this year. That's 9 projected starters out for most of the year. When you go into the season already low on numbers and experience, you are really going to hurt when you lose 9 of your best athletes.

5 of them run 4.6 forty's. For one reason or another, injuries, grades and etc... they have missed a significant amount of time this season. Without those guys, BC's defense is slower and less experienced. Hubbard played his first game as a varsity linebacker friday night, and showed a lot of promise. They get Gureau, Romero, Eldridge, Aucoin and Breaux back this offseason.

all schools go through transitions a one time or another and have to rebuild.  It puts pressure on the teams and the fans, but to be a good fan, you have to support your team when they are down and struggling as well as when they are up and winning.  Just give BC a little time, they'll be up again.

Guest RedBirdFan85

I agree with all the points made about the Cardinals being young and inexperienced with no depth. But there's a time that the " young and inexperience" excuse can no longer be used. After 9 games( 2 scrimmages included) there should be some growth there. What I have seen is a team progressively getting worse as the season goes on. Yes, maybe the competition has gotten better for BC, but the fact remains, the Cards are just not that good this year. I believe it's more of a lack of talent than anything else. To me, the cycle of lesser talent has hit Bridge City. Most small schools go through it.

Well actually it can be used and rightfully so till the 2008 season...Every team BC plays is stacked with Seniors that seem to never graduate!! yeah we're 7 games into the season, but they're aren't going to magically loose thier inexperience over a couple of games, they'll gain experience over the off-season, working hard thinking about these losses and maturing and getting the new offense and defense down pat with Coach Stump...next year thier won't be any excuses, Bridge City will have 9 returning starters on Offense and Deffense and about 30 seniors, so if they don't make the playoffs, then you can say they have a "lack of  a talent pool", these Sophomores and Juniors are a good group, the BC fans just havent got a chance to see it yet! BC's going to have at least a 7 win season next year i'll gurantee it  ;)

Unfortunately BC only has one strong team and that is the 8th grade which is mopping the floor with all opponents.

There are a host of boys that do not want to play because of some past experiences; hopefully with a new AD this can be rectified by next season

We are loaded all the way down to the eighth grade who actually is very strong but only played 14 players in their last game.  These types of numbers will not carry a program at the high school level.  Once you mesh all of these groups of kids into one team meaning the juniors, sophs, and freshman who have only one loss to date you will have a very deep talent pool.  I promise you this is just a down year and we have to deal with it.  Next year when we get back on a roll people will have Coach Stump a hero and how he turned the program around so fast.  You could have had Jimmy Johnson coaching this team and it would not make a difference.  To many injuries and to little experience.  We will get through this year and then pull out the scorecards for a reminder of how we gave up 60 points to certain teams and then it will be on....Go Cards!!!!!!! 

"We will get through this year and then pull out the scorecards for a reminder of how we gave up 60 points to certain teams and then it will be on....Go Cards!!!!!!!"

What are you saying BCBACKER07...I sure can remember a few years back when yall put 48 points on the board against us and scored late in that game instead of downing it. What is that they say...what comes around, goes around!!! 

coach tarver is still coaching i talked to him before the school year was over.  i said that about coach stump because i can see it, the ground work is being laid for a tradition of excellence, not just on the field but in the class room, in the weight room, building character.  not that tarver didnt do that its just that he made certain decisions throughout the game itself that left you scratching your head like  ??? for example , october 31, 2003 buna 8 bc 2...we called a pass on 4th and 1, didnt make it, didnt make the playoffs.  tarver was one of my favorite coaches but just by talking to the seniors this year, i know i would do anything to play for coach stump.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder