Bayou Bowl VIII Predictions! OF at BC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cograts to #4,5,50,53,11,9 & 20 I know I'm missing some. These guys are the heart of this team for hanging in there all season and believing in the new sys. I saw one kid get hit when he caught the ball. He rolled around on the ground like a cut monkey screaming and hollering. He came limping off the field and put some ice on his back and watched the cheerleaders for a few downs and then went back in the game. Thats what is a matter with this team not the coach. The QB turned the game over to the back up and would have gladly watched the whole game from the side lines if the back up qb wouldn't have went out w/ a concusion.

cograts to #4,5,50,53,11,9 & 20 I know I'm missing some. These guys are the heart of this team for hanging in there all season and believing in the new sys. I saw one kid get hit when he caught the ball. He rolled around on the ground like a cut monkey screaming and hollering. He came limping off the field and put some ice on his back and watched the cheerleaders for a few downs and then went back in the game. Thats what is a matter with this team not the coach. The QB turned the game over to the back up and would have gladly watched the whole game from the side lines if the back up qb wouldn't have went out w/ a concusion.

I have to agree with you, and may I add #3 to your list.  He's been busted over and over receiving, and he still goes back in and will go up and try to catch a pass in double coverage, but he gives everything he has and it's not for himself, it's for the team that he plays for and his other buddies who are taking the same beating.  He was the one with the iced back, and it got hurt in the first game and hasn't stopped hurting yet, but I promise you, he won't complain or stay on the sideline for long.  And there are several boys like that out there, and I think they are the heart and soul of BC Cards and these guys need to take over the leadership role and get some sort of unity within.  I am proud of him and you other guys for hanging in there.

I have read all the threads concerning the "Cards" that pertain to different kids and the coaching that I would love to adress.  After I reply most of you will know who I am but it's ok with me. As far as the coaching give Coach Stump some time he inherited one returning starter, placed a new system from top to bottom and has a total of six games head coach experience. Before he is done he will make us all proud and you can take that to the bank.  I coached 90% of these kids from the age of eight until they hit school ball and know what Coach Stump has in the stables for the future.  These kids are eating a big piece of humble pie at the moment but the juniors and below (do not know any of the seniors but keep your head up and keep busting your butts) will gain character and a sense of desire from this experience.  Someone stated on a previous thread the this will be a season to forget but I promise you these warriors will never forget what they have gone through and the "Cardinal" will fly high again very, very soon.  These kids have always been winners no matter the sport and have very few losses since they were in the mighty mite division.  We need to remain unified as a community and quit pointing fingers at jersey numbers because you win as a team and lose as a team.  I have seen some kids and more than one I might add bust their ever loving tails every Friday night with limps, bruises, concussions, and whatever might be the injury to the very last whistle and everyone knows who the kids are.  Remember last year we had the very best multi-sport individual (LSU signee) in the State of Texas that comes along once every five to ten years at QB and even he could not get us to the playoffs with all his talent. Football is a "TEAM SPORT" no matter how you slice it.  We will be a force in the years to come and everyone will remember our record from this year and it will be our time to shine and bring home some wins.  We have a couple of stellar groups to sprinkle in the talent pool and mark my words in this thread we will be a district champ contender in the next couple of years if not sooner.  So for now lets eat our piece of the humble pie and support our "Cardinals" and Coach Stump to the very end of this season and set up preparation for another run.  Like I stated earlier we will be in the mix before you can buy your season tickets for '08 and this this is not a prediction it is a fact.  Respond as you see fit but I can give you win/losses of the up and coming groups and it is very impressive all the way back to when they were baby ballers and they will not be beat easily.  Come out Friday and support your Cardinals to the very last whistle because they need us now more than ever and I promise you they will return the favor in the not to distant future.  Print this thread and put it on the fridge so I can say "I told you so"  GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love em like their yours!!!!!!!!!  BC 21 OF 20  Cards win due to community support!  Good Luck Bobcats!

Guest bleed orange

Great post bcbacker07. The problem with BC is you guys got spoiled. You had success in 3A and it went to your heads. We at Orangefield do not have that. We have to fight every year to prove ourselfs. Your right, a kids name should never be mentioned but it did not have to be. Everyone knew who the earlier posters where talking about. That is a "No No" because the kids know who you are talking about. Parents need to stay out of kids athletics. Let them figure it out for themselfs. They will I promise. I know, its none of my business.  This thread is predictions on the game, not who's kid is giving an effort and who's kid is not.  Let me have it, I know it is coming.

Great post bcbacker07. The problem with BC is you guys got spoiled. You had success in 3A and it went to your heads. We at Orangefield do not have that. We have to fight every year to prove ourselfs. Your right, a kids name should never be mentioned but it did not have to be. Everyone knew who the earlier posters where talking about. That is a "No No" because the kids know who you are talking about. Parents need to stay out of kids athletics. Let them figure it out for themselfs. They will I promise. I know, its none of my business.  This thread is predictions on the game, not who's kid is giving an effort and who's kid is not.  Let me have it, I know it is coming.

[move]IT ![/move]

That's all you'll get from me......... ;D

I have covered both OF and BC several times this year and I can say neither team quits at any point in the game and both give just as much effort, if not more, than teams that are 6-0 or 5-1.

Both cities can be proud of these two teams because they go out every Friday night and TRY to make it their night to win a game. They are not the first teams to have a struggling season and will certainly will not be the last.

This Friday will be a great game and I am very exciting to go watch it no matter what the records are because I know the teams, fans and coaches, will make it exciting.

Good post BCbacker and Gabe.  I have printed my copy and will have it posted till next season!  I have watched these guys from the time they were 6 years old and I believe this is a very special group of athletes.  I have seen them do things that I wouldn't think they could especially in baseball and I think it's because they have that special drive and will to win and at the time when they need to the most, they become one and when that happens, they are awesome.  These group of juniors and sophs are a special group that only comes around every so often and I do believe that they will be a team to contend with next season and the next.  I also think that now that Coach Stump will get the best out of them in the season's to come and I too believe we will see some very exciting football in the very near future.  They are having their big helping of humble pie,  but will learn from it and be better because of it.  I will support these guys from here on out and hope we pack the stands on Friday and get loud to cheer these boys on.  I believe we will be celebrating a victory when the last second ticks off the clock!  Good luck guys and keep working hard............it's going to pay off!  BC by 10

Its pretty obvious, that some one's little baby didnt get mentioned and they went off on the guy that hurt there feelings. Its pretty bad when you start pointing fingers at other kids, because your little baby didnt get mentioned ! How can you sit there and point your finger !!!! Thats what wrong with this town now, little crying mommies for there babies ! The other night, the whole team looked horriable, not just one kid. the team !!!Get off the kids Ok, your acting like little spoiled brats ! Orangefield is gonna win this one, because there getting better, and were not !! Believe me, I wish we could win just 1 game for the kids, not the little whiners in this town. And I pull for Orangefield every week but one, sorry, thats my opoin.

Its pretty obvious, that some one's little baby didnt get mentioned and they went off on the guy that hurt there feelings. Its pretty bad when you start pointing fingers at other kids, because your little baby didnt get mentioned ! How can you sit there and point your finger !!!! Thats what wrong with this town now, little crying mommies for there babies ! The other night, the whole team looked horriable, not just one kid. the team !!!Get off the kids Ok, your acting like little spoiled brats ! Orangefield is gonna win this one, because there getting better, and were not !! Believe me, I wish we could win just 1 game for the kids, not the little whiners in this town. And I pull for Orangefield every week but one, sorry, thats my opoin.

ummmmm where did this come from??????  And hasn't most of the posts here been about how it is not one person but a bunch that need to pull together?  I guess I am a little confused by what you are really trying to say................and I happen to be one of the mom's here and would like to know if you directed this to me, because if so, then say so.  And who went off other than to say that not one person should be singled out to carry the team and that there are a whole bunch that have to pull together to win??????  Just curious.  And to say get off the kids............well, maybe it's time they had a little dose of reality and stop being babied and told they are the best athlete out there and they have to carry the whole team etc.  Its TEAM and the quicker they realize that, the better off they will be.  Yeah the whole team needs to toughen up or join the chess club, and that's my opinion

I am not a mom or parent at all complaining or whining about a kid....I am a huge sports fan and know football and what being a team player is all about!  I have been to every BC game and know the kids that bust their butt each every Friday night!  I think the response was directed at person on the first page that posted that BC qb was the best athlete and was carrying the team -and people have certainly taken offense to the fact that by no means can ONE player carry the team.  That statement was way off base considering all of the boys who DO their job and play injured until the time runs out in the 4th quater no matter how many points they are down! 

Good luck BC and keep your heads up, remember this is a team sport and each and everyone of you do YOUR job to carry the team and show you own style of leadership no matter what position you are playing! 

Guest bleed orange

I bet Johnny is glad he is at LSU!!!!!!!! I heard he is doing awesome not only on the baseball field but in the classroom.  I am pulling for you. Prove them wrong. Last year he took alot of abuse because people said he was all they had. Heard this song before. I am hearing again this year. Something wrong with this picture.  :P

Guest RedBirdFan85

Bridge City's gotta win this game or they'll never get respect from thier fans, even thier parents.... I've swinged by BC's pracitces and this week's practices have been more intense and focused more than all the other weeks or practice Combined!..BC kids understand that this is the best chance of winning a game this year and they know they're too good of a team to not get a win so I'll pick  BC 31 OF 27

why will they never get the respect of the fans or their parents?? its football, not life or death.  that statement was idiodic.  playing hurt is part of the game, Doug carlton played his whole sophomore year with a fractured ankle, and thats not easy as an offensive tackle, dishon did the same thing last year with a high ankle sprain, and played the kville game after being in the hospital two days before, and passing a kidney stone a few hours before the game.  it comes down to desire and passion, and all the bc kids have it, 0-10 or 10-0. i'll take bc in this game. 

bc has some good groups coming up, but it will take a lot to match the classes of 06 and 07, im more worried about the number of seniors playing than the number of wins in jr high and pop warner

Be careful Rowdy what you say...................you will be the next to get attacked for saying that!  And accused of being a "mommie crying cause her little baby didn't get mentioned" and being a "spoiled brat"!!!!!

BUT..................you just said it ALL in a nutshell!  And heres hoping we have a whole football field of "best athletes on the field"  and win this one Friday night!  And to the guys that go out week in and week out and give it everything they have...........don't stop believing in yourselves and your team.  You have all shown what the true meaning of "class" is.  Go get 'em Cards! 

I also do not believe the players are losing respect or not being respected by the community and their families! I think many people go to the games and watch these kids each every week and see the ones with heart, pride and believe in everyone on the team.

I think the back up qb might be the answer, because every game the starter is injured and can't complete the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin