24-2A District Champions

Who will win 24-2A this year?  

1. 1. Who will win 24-2A this year?

I dont know much about Buna,but I hear West Hardin beat them last year.Is that true?Just asking.Warren and Deweyville both beat West Hardin and both have lots of returning starters.Buna will learn quickly their are some good teams in 2-a.E/C has to be the favorite until someone knocks them off,Anuahac will be solid and Warren and Deweyville will be real close.How did Hardin do last year?Havent heard much from them?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. East Chambers (6-0)

2. Anuahac (5-1)

3. Warren (4-2)

4. Buna (3-3)

5. Hardin (2-4)

6. Deweyville (1-5)

7. Kountze (0-6)

1) Deweyville has never defeated East Chambers in varsity football.

2) Anahuac - see #1.

3) Warren had a very good team and has most of their skill positions returning. Traditionally they have also beaten Deweyville on a regular basis.

4) Deweyville barely beat Buna last year, don't know the details but seems I read it was a hail mary at the end of the game.....could be wrong on the details but not the facts. Buna was younger than Deweyville and has very few seniors.

5) Hardin - this could be one that I'm wrong about I admit, I just went with them on a hunch because the word is that the Deweyville coaching staff is still not set, with a lot of coaches leaving town - things seem to be in a state of confusion - something has to be wrong there --- also that hurts your all-important off-season. So being a toss up and Hardin having a more stable situation I went with them.

6) Kountze should be beaten easily by Deweyville, yet this year's game was relatively close from what I remember. 28-14 or something like that.

7) Deweyville made the playoffs this year with a win in the last game vs Hardin, the QB (don't know his name) had a great game to win it for them but he is a senior.

8) Read where most of their key linemen will not be among the returners.

9) I don't think their playoff game was even close - great for them to be there but still it wasn't close. And one of the key backs has a problem hanging onto the ball. That can cost you in a close game .

10) Didn't this team lose a district game last year by over 20 points and there was only ONE quarter played and they refused to reschedule the rest of that game. Can understand them losing to Newton, even losing BAD, but refusing to reschedule the game - that tells you a little something (this one isn't a guess, a buddy of mine is on the Newton staff and Newton wanted to finish the game but Deweyville would not play) about the leadership there which goes into predicting places.

11) is what is their pre-season schedule like? Does it have strong opponents or cupcakes? If it has cupcakes then they are in trouble in the district they are in.

Ranked 1-7 as far as toughness of schedule: 1 and 2 are very close and 6 and 7 are also close but West Hardin will be a lot tuffer than Burkeville next year and Hull-Daisetta is twice as tuff as Cathedral. Three Cup-Cakes and a very-down Burkeville team doesn’t seem like much of a prep for this tough district.

(1) 2006 East Chambers Buccaneers Football Schedule

Sep. 1 @ Shepherd 7:30

Sep. 8 Orangefield 7:30

Sep. 15 Hamshire-Fannett 7:30

Sep. 22 @ Hardin-Jefferson 7:30

(2) 2006 Anahuac Panthers Football Schedule

Sept. 1 Hardin-Jefferson 7:30

Sept. 8 Fort Bend Baptist 7:30

Sept. 14 Hitchcock at Deer Park 7:00 (Thursday)

Sept. 22 @ Splendora 7:30

(3) 2006 Warren Warriors Football Schedule

Sept. 1 Huntington 7:30

Sept. 8 @ West Hardin 7:30

Sept. 15 @ Woodville 7:30

Sept. 22 @ Groveton 7:30

(4) 2006 Hardin Hornets Football Schedule

Sept. 1 @ Tarkington 7:30

Sept. 8 Groveton 7:30

Sept. 15 @ West Hardin 7:30

Sept. 22 Cathedral 7:30

(5) 2006 Buna Cougars Football Schedule