what is it...

There are more than a few "little" things, but the focus on things like the "jumbotron" (which is more like a minitron) and the scoreboard and the sirens and the lights and the music certainly don't scream "powerhouse football." I felt like I was at a dance club. WO-S has none of that crap, and we have won far more against the teams that have whooped y'all - even in recent years.

I mean this with all due respect. It's too much show and not enough mouth smashing. Moody could do really well there if he was allowed to stay (or felt welcome enough). I don't see his tenure there lasting more than another two years, though.

I really do mean this with all due respect. I think there is too much pressure on Moody from administration and from parents to make them all happy, and I think there's too much focus on silly distractions and goofiness like "BOJO!" to ever be a perennial contender.

I think there is too much pressure on Moody from administration and from parents to make them all happy

I can agree with you in this subject. I too believe that there is too much of an outside influence and that if he could do his job without them he would have a good chance of staying and turning the program around.

Well, the Bears have always had this problem.. They just can't put it in end zone they either fumble in the red zone or they lose focus and start getting penalties. Now as far as the scoreboard goes, yea its cool.. but I hate it when i hear people bad mouthing BOJO (not saying that anyone has on this thread) but its all about school spirit which LC-M hasn't had a lot of lately. Moody is a good coach, and I expect great things from LC-M maybe not this year, but who knows? I've seen stranger things happen!

When a school, any school does not have a winning tradition, it must try to do something to "get things going".  LC-M does not have a winning football tradition.  they have been to the playoffs 3 times (without forfeits) since the schools's inception in 1970.  Any coach who comes into a situation like the one at LCM must make dramatic changes, which Moody has tried to do.  Unfortunately, not all people like change.  The old ways of doing things are comfortable even if they are not successful.  This causes someone like Moody to have to try alot of things to effect change.Some of them will be well received and some won't, but he must try regardless.  Then, regardless of what you try, the ever successful WO-S program looms over you in every way possible.  You get a fantastic new scoreboard, people say you are to worried about aesthetics, not wins. You start a spirit chant like BOJO, you are ripping off MOJO, how dare you!  You have the fire trucks at the game to create excitement, too many bells and whistles.  It is a no win situation for the man at the top.  The one thing it takes to turn things around are quality wins.  Unfortunately, those are hard to come by in SE Texas when you are battling several factors including enrollment, indefference, and apathy.  Comparing Football at LCM and WOS is like comparing apples and oranges.  Two state championships, numerous undefeated seasons, a three year district winning streak.  None of these could happen at LCM.  If they could, they would have happened by now.  IT IS NOT SIMPLY COACHING!  LCM has had great coaches  Jim Crossland--Coached with Bum Phillips in college, coached in the professional ranks, Randall Dorsett -- short timer at LCM, left to go into concrete business. Lidney Thompson -- 2 State Titles and 1 Satate Finalist at Newton.  Ron DuPree -- Coached at college level and all High School Levels.  Pat Wozniak -- Won state title in Kansas and Arkansas, coached on State Semi-Finalist Team at Rockport-Fulton.  Lucky Gamble --despite recent troubles, coached at least two state titles that I am aware of.  Rhodney Russell -- Sucessful at Linden Kildare prior to LCM and Successful at Garland Sasche after LCM. David WIlliams -- winningest coach in LCM history, never given the credit he deserved.  Todd Moody-- Came from successful programs at Temple and Euless Trinity.  What is the real problem?  If you could figure that out, there would be no problem!

When a school, any school does not have a winning tradition, it must try to do something to "get things going".  LC-M does not have a winning football tradition.  they have been to the playoffs 3 times (without forfeits) since the schools's inception in 1970.  Any coach who comes into a situation like the one at LCM must make dramatic changes, which Moody has tried to do.  Unfortunately, not all people like change.  The old ways of doing things are comfortable even if they are not successful.  This causes someone like Moody to have to try alot of things to effect change.Some of them will be well received and some won't, but he must try regardless.  Then, regardless of what you try, the ever successful WO-S program looms over you in every way possible.  You get a fantastic new scoreboard, people say you are to worried about aesthetics, not wins. You start a spirit chant like BOJO, you are ripping off MOJO, how dare you!  You have the fire trucks at the game to create excitement, too many bells and whistles.  It is a no win situation for the man at the top.  The one thing it takes to turn things around are quality wins.  Unfortunately, those are hard to come by in SE Texas when you are battling several factors including enrollment, indefference, and apathy.  Comparing Football at LCM and WOS is like comparing apples and oranges.  Two state championships, numerous undefeated seasons, a three year district winning streak.  None of these could happen at LCM.  If they could, they would have happened by now.  IT IS NOT SIMPLY COACHING!  LCM has had great coaches  Jim Crossland--Coached with Bum Phillips in college, coached in the professional ranks, Randall Dorsett -- short timer at LCM, left to go into concrete business. Lidney Thompson -- 2 State Titles and 1 Satate Finalist at Newton.  Ron DuPree -- Coached at college level and all High School Levels.  Pat Wozniak -- Won state title in Kansas and Arkansas, coached on State Semi-Finalist Team at Rockport-Fulton.  Lucky Gamble --despite recent troubles, coached at least two state titles that I am aware of.  Rhodney Russell -- Sucessful at Linden Kildare prior to LCM and Successful at Garland Sasche after LCM. David WIlliams -- winningest coach in LCM history, never given the credit he deserved.  Todd Moody-- Came from successful programs at Temple and Euless Trinity.  What is the real problem?  If you could figure that out, there would be no problem!

Man....if I could only give karma.  Great post. 

Man....if I could only give karma.  Great post. 

I gave him one for you. You also get one for recognizing that he needed one and for all of this someone will probably take one from me. 60 more post and you get to give and take karma.  ;D

IMO what LCM is looking for is pride in their school district and the traditions that come with that.  Being a PNG graduate and now having children who go to and play for PNG I have an had the opportunity to see how we keep our pride and traditions going.  Let's face it coaches come and go, winning and losing seasons come and go, but here is where I think it is.  IMO the pride and traditions come from students passing it on to future students.  It's not the big things that bring this about, it's the little things.  Taking the time to say hello, shake the hands or taking the time to get to know the little ones who look up to you and look forward to being you when it's their time in high school. I know my kids can't wait to pass our "special spirit" on, just the way one very special former player did for them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics