Besides your parents, what coach or teacher had the most influence on your life?

Just picking one....

Has to be Paul Zeek.

The legendary trainer at Lamar.

It was an honor to be a student trainer under his supervision.

He had a huge impact on how I turned out to be a successful educator.

Going through high school without a dad, ALL the teachers and coaches I had at PN-G were just AWEsome.  You really don't realize the value that an educator or coach has on peoples lifes decades after their influence is gone.

I have been very lucky to have had the teachers I had, and I hope one day I have the same influence on my students like my teachers had on me.

Dwight Thacker and Troy Woodall from Bridge City.  Coach Thacker prepared us extremely well for high school football. (undefeated season) Coach Woodall no doubt was the one he coached more character into me more than any other coach. He coached me in highschool football and basketball. Of course like the topic says besides your parents which my dad is a coach so besides him, these two have had the most influence on me.

Coach Jack Lynch - C.O. Wilson - Nederland, Texas

First day of 6th grade P.E.

He is the first person to address you as "MEN, Here is how the combination locks work. Don't forget your combination - I'll put the pine to your butts"

This was a one hour lesson - really

For the next 4 yrs Coach Lynch had more influence than any coach since.

Guest Orangeboy

Coaches Chuck Young and Charles Miller had the most influence on me. But I'm also glad for the time I spent with the following Coaches at BC. Coach Woodall, Thacker, Bolton, and Dixon. I still look up to many of these guys and they have always been there for me.  Once again thanks to these guys for making a difference in my life.

• 1 month later...

I would have to say Coaches Andy Evans and Todd East.  These are 2 of the finest men you will ever meet.  They have showed me exactly what it means to be a coach.  Besides just being a coach they taught me that you also have to be a father figure to some, a counselor to some, and most importantly there for all of them.  I wanna say Thank You and I hope that I do you proud.

I'm only in college now, but if anyone had an incredible influence in my life it'd have to be the entire Kountze High School football coaching staff.. they believe in all of their kids, and whenever they mess up, they gripe at em not because they think they suck but it's because they know they can do better...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder