Coldspring vs Woodville Bi-District

TrojanWarrior08

47 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Wow we can win if we play lights out defense 

I definitely like that little freshman linebacker we got #10 Easton Dean... He has nice size for his age already and I expect him to be the leader of the defense for the next 3 seasons. But my thoughts of the game just like you stated as long as we play lights out D then this one won't be a problem as the offense can handle themselves

5 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I definitely like that little freshman linebacker we got #10 Easton Dean... He has nice size for his age already and I expect him to be the leader of the defense for the next 3 seasons. But my thoughts of the game just like you stated as long as we play lights out D then this one won't be a problem as the offense can handle themselves

I also noticed that the offense is starting to run out the spread a little more.... definitely notice that on the double reverse pass for the touchdown last night against the Lumberjacks

Should be a good game we played both and both are very big and physical. Woodville likes to sling it around the yard and have two good receivers with #11 and Big # 12 ( baby megaton). #54 for Woodville on defense is a beast. Coldspring is more of a ball control , get a lead and eat the clock up. This is one of those 3rd round playoff games being played in the 1st week. 

Could possibly be a high scoring game. Woodville has younger players and more risky play calling so we’re sometimes more prone to turnovers. I think if we can keep it to no more than one turnover we have a good chance to win. 3 or more and we don’t have much of a chance at all. Don’t think we’ll be able to completely stop Coldspring’s run offense but if we can hold our own and not let them run all over us we’ll be ok. We probably need our best linebacker on the field for defense more. We have plenty decent WRs but don’t have another LB anywhere near his caliber in my opinion. If he needs a breather I’d rather give him a breather on offense. 

55 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Should be a good game we played both and both are very big and physical. Woodville likes to sling it around the yard and have two good receivers with #11 and Big # 12 ( baby megaton). #54 for Woodville on defense is a beast. Coldspring is more of a ball control , get a lead and eat the clock up. This is one of those 3rd round playoff games being played in the 1st week. 

I assume that y'all like to pass on situational downs

17 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Could possibly be a high scoring game. Woodville has younger players and more risky play calling so we’re sometimes more prone to turnovers. I think if we can keep it to no more than one turnover we have a good chance to win. 3 or more and we don’t have much of a chance at all. Don’t think we’ll be able to completely stop Coldspring’s run offense but if we can hold our own and not let them run all over us we’ll be ok. We probably need our best linebacker on the field for defense more. We have plenty decent WRs but don’t have another LB anywhere near his caliber in my opinion. If he needs a breather I’d rather give him a breather on offense. 

I actually think it will be a defensive game much like the one we played last night against Diboll... Y'alls defense are definitely young but can hang in there and y'all should be effective against our pass but definitely not against the run. Expect #20 Parker-Harden and #9 Greg Terry to run wild in this one

7 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I assume that y'all like to pass on situational downs

As far as that ball control goes you're right about that... Our head coach was a former Liberty coordinator so we definitely have plays that he has brought overthat will work to our advantage on that front but there's a downside to that offense if a team can score early and often on us he will switch up the offense to a spread so we can keep up with the tempo of the game and once we get the lead again he will switch it back up to the Trojan 2 back gun

1 minute ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I actually think it will be a defensive game much like the one we played last night against Diboll... Y'alls defense are definitely young but can hang in there and y'all should be effective against our pass but definitely not against the run. Expect #20 Parker-Harden and #9 Greg Terry to run wild in this one

We’re totally different from Diboll. Our defense is actually not that young. I think we have 5 seniors on defense. Our offense is young but also very talented. I doubt y’all will hold our offense to 14 points. If y’all’s RBs are good as I think they are then you may be right about them “running wild”. Especially if our best MLB is not on the field for defense. 

58 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

We’re totally different from Diboll. Our defense is actually not that young. I think we have 5 seniors on defense. Our offense is young but also very talented. I doubt y’all will hold our offense to 14 points. If y’all’s RBs are good as I think they are then you may be right about them “running wild”. Especially if our best MLB is not on the field for defense. 

Ok well since those 5 seniors are still on the team then they should know what Coldspring will run against them since they have played against us before... They should be the be the difference makers of this game so to speak and our offense is fairly one dimensional if your Eagles can figure that out early in the game

59 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

We’re definitely going to try and we’re probably going to try often 

Yes if you was to look at the game between us and Lumberton although the qb's stats won't reflect well in this one he pretty much had his way with our secondary... If y'alls qb anything like him then he should do well

7 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Ok well since those 5 seniors are still on the team then they should know what Coldspring will run against them since they have played against us before... They should be the be the difference makers of this game so to speak and our offense is fairly one dimensional if your Eagles can figure that out early in the game

2 of them are CBs who might not be able to offer much assistance in stopping the run although it’ll be great if they can. One of them (our best LB) is often not on the field for defense so that leaves us with 2 who will be heavily involved in stopping the run. 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

2 of them are CBs who might not be able to offer much assistance in stopping the run although it’ll be great if they can. One of them (our best LB) is often not on the field for defense so that leaves us with 2 who will be heavily involved in stopping the run. 

What about y'alls D-Line and how they stack up ours are not really that big