TABC District Predictions

On 11/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, aTmfan06 said:

Kountze will compete for the district championship  in a couple years when the current 8th grade group is Sophomores. The following couple years after that they will make good runs at state.

Just not enough talent...The city of Kountze has lately been loosing all the talent to surrounding school districts and to mishaps due to choices of the kids. They have 2 starters now on the bubble of not being allowed to played this year due to poor choices being made.

6 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Just not enough talent...The city of Kountze has lately been loosing all the talent to surrounding school districts and to mishaps due to choices of the kids. They have 2 starters now on the bubble of not being allowed to played this year due to poor choices being made.

Unfortunately the last part of what you said has happened too often 

On 10/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Chester86 said:

25-2A

1. West Hardin

2. Hull-Daisetta

3. Sabine Pass

4. Evadale

My how times have changed.  When my boy played Evadale won district all 4 years, and besides WH for 1 or 2 games out of the 4 years were never really pressured.  Be interesting to see how things play out.

West Hardin want finish first. They lost most all of their team to graduation; all 5 starters.

16 hours ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

West Hardin want finish first. They lost most all of their team to graduation; all 5 starters.

I believe this district will be competitive but I foresee Hull Daisetta making a pretty good run this year compared to years past. They have a player who was all region last year and some really good underclassmen that allow them to play fast. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, fatboy said:

I believe this district will be competitive but I foresee Hull Daisetta making a pretty good run this year compared to years past. They have a player who was all region last year and some really good underclassmen that allow them to play fast. 

I have to agree with you in regards to Hull. I figure Deweyville and depending on which kids come from Memorial Sabine Pass will be the 3 top teams. Evadale should get 4th easily but they just don't have that go to leading scorer this year. I have watched a couple of their games and lack of leadership between players on the court is hurting them. BUT you never know with how covid effects each week and every game. My sons college basketball team has 20 players and the last 2 games they have played has been with 12 and 11 consecutively because of covid and the quarantine protocol. The virus has definitely given ever team a handicap when it comes to game days. Supposedly they will have everyone back this week when they play Letourneau and Tarleton. Their team has been testing twice a week for covid. The world of sports has its challenges right now.