Livingston 21 Vidor 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

DCTF computer rankings had us at #36 this week, I'm pretty sure we'll be out of the top 50, Monday.😬

They had y'all ahead of Livingston in the rankings but losing by one.

BTW, why was Matthews going crazy on the sidelines?  I think y'all got more calls/no calls and the Pirates were the road team. Y'all were holding all night.

9 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

BTW, why was Matthews going crazy on the sidelines?  I think y'all got more calls/no calls and the Pirates were the road team. Y'all were holding all night.

I think he was mad for the blocking in the back call on that kickoff return at the end of the game. First time I've seen a flag thrown against Mathews. But Livingston had I believe 8 penalties compared to Vidor's 4, don't quote me on that though.

19 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Congratulations on the win. I’m happy y’all are winning again 

This karma. A certain person before i put him on my ignore ignorance list said Port Arthur Memorial dropped down and said we were gonna wreck 5A which was untrue. I was the only person damn near said we would lose to Vidor 2016 ask @robanadana 

Vidor drops and ppl including Vidor ppl think they gon wreck 4A D1. Nope. Lol. Splenderella and Livingston said hello. Whew. I love karma. 😁

Another ugly performance no show, this time with way too many turnovers. Was it 3 interceptions to the same DB and a fumble? I could still see us actually play hard and beat HH on Senior night. It wouldn’t surprise me the way this team is up and down. Livingston is much improved, although it looked like their QB almost got killed out there. I’m surprised he came back in the game better ice him up, you lose him and it’s a wrap. The Pirates were mauling the backup QB but the starter is mobile enough to make plays behind a questionable offensive line.

29 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Mathews didn't even let the kids shake hands with Livingston when it was over, and that's unusual for him. But I think kids were getting chippy with each other.

That's because of COVID. I feel bad for all the bands, they're not getting any on field practice

33 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I think he was mad for the blocking in the back call on that kickoff return at the end of the game. First time I've seen a flag thrown against Mathews. But Livingston had I believe 8 penalties compared to Vidor's 4, don't quote me on that though.

That's what I'm getting at. Vidor had more calls go their way, or rather more non calls.

He ain't look to happy walking towards the bus after the game.

19 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Another ugly performance no show, this time with way too many turnovers. Was it 3 interceptions to the same DB and a fumble? I could still see us actually play hard and beat HH on Senior night. It wouldn’t surprise me the way this team is up and down. Livingston is much improved, although it looked like their QB almost got killed out there. I’m surprised he came back in the game better ice him up, you lose him and it’s a wrap. The Pirates were mauling the backup QB but the starter is mobile enough to make plays behind a questionable offensive line.

I’d like to see some of the athletes on defense get a chance on the offensive side of the ball. Too many good ones not getting utilized on offense. Gotta let them go both ways

4 minutes ago, MYHOUSE said:

I’d like to see some of the athletes on defense get a chance on the offensive side of the ball. Too many good ones not getting utilized on offense. Gotta let them go both ways

I thought the same thing after the Splendora game, they are starting to mix the skill guys in a little more. They might want to consider playing some of the linemen both ways at times too. But it’s a little late in the season to be figuring it all out on the fly.

6 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

That's because of COVID. I feel bad for all the bands, they're not getting any on field practice

Practice for what? Band Competition? They can’t practice on the football field? 

5 hours ago, piratevillain said:

That's true. I feel bad for the bands/dancers too not being able to travel and perform. They're a big reason why they make FNL's so much fun week in and week out, imo

Good grief...