**Bay City 15 WO-S 12 FINAL/COMMENTS**

KFDM COOP

I disagree... I think the lack of a placekicker cost the Mustangs the game.

maybe I should approach coach Hooks and ask him if he wants me to volunteer. If they can give me a kid with soccer experience, I can give them a kicker. It doesnt take much, just repetition and technique. I guess ill call them Monday. Youy cant tell me we have no one with soccer experience.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe I should approach coach Hooks and ask him if he wants me to volunteer. If they can give me a kid with soccer experience, I can give them a kicker. It doesnt take much, just repetition and technique. I guess ill call them Monday. Youy cant tell me we have no one with soccer experience.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!

i feel this way about wo-s kicking game IF they had someone that could have kicked the PAT or the FGs mustangs would win and coach hooks knows this.wo-s has people in their soccer program that kick the ball a mile, heck  just bring them out to kick .Friday night baytown won with a FG by a freshman coach foreman is still smileing and saying to himself thank GOD for a kicking game.the kids at wo-s played their hearts out and i feel so bad for them. :( :( :( :(

Well Bring Toby back with you!

Our offensive coordinator needs to leave. He's a nice guy, but he's hurting us - and has been for about eight years. Without him, I can't imagine where we'd be. there's no doubt in my mind we would've gone farther EVERY YEAR than we did. We hadn't missed the playoffs (besides a DQ in 92) in 13 YEARS before he came. Since, we've missed them four times. That's four times in his eight years. Stupid playcalling is shooting yourself in the foot. Please bring back Toby and PROMOTE him to OC.

Another OC problem. Getting common in setx

Guest wos parent

Why Why Why do we keep calling plays that don't work????????? WHY??????

When a play is run that works why do we stop running it????? WHY??? I sit there and watched the Defense players cry after the game because they worked their butts off. Thanks again OC!

My assessment...

The defense was awesome!!

The offense has athletes who made a few plays, but the play calling is inept.

It's been a long time since we have had a great kicker. Maybe Tyler can help this situation. I've only been asking him to try for 3 or 4 years. The bottom line is that we could have won this game without one. We had WAY to many missed opportunities.

maybe so, but we couldve won with one as well.

For many years I have gone to wos games, and I am an x-mustang my self, and I have no idea why this oc still has a job.  What have the mustangs accomplished since we have had this oc.  I don't think that it is fair to the kids that give their all every day to be slighted come gametime by a guy who has no business running our offense.  I don't care if we bring in toby or coach byerly or if coach t runs the o and d, but we need somebody different.  Is coach hooks really related to this guy?  That sure would explain alot.  If the people in the stands can tell what play is coming next, then how do you think the other team can predict them.  We should have at least one, maybe two rings in 3a.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!  Coach Hooks PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a change!!! The kids DESERVE better!!!

To answer your question truthfully skipper, anybody could do better than what he is doing.  However you are correct, it will not be a change that can be made until after the season is over.  If there is not a change made by next year than somebody has dropped the ball.  I know I will not be attending many more games if that is the case, and I know several people that have stopped coming due to the frustration in the play calling.  Regardless, the kids DESERVE better. 

maybe so, but we couldve won with one as well.

I will not argue that. My only point is that, realistically, we can only deal with what we have in the program, and we don't have any true kickers. The guy who has been kicking has done as good as he can, but he is a receiver /tailback. We DO have the talent in the program, even without a fulltime kicker, to have won that game.

It is so funny how you WOS fans want to lay this at the Offensive coordinators feet and not even mention Hooks' resposibility here. He's the freaking head coach and AD for crying out loud. If this man, who is considered by many( particularly you Mustang fans ) as one of the best coaches to ever coach in this area, probably the state, wants this coach as his OC, then so be it. If this is such a problem that has lasted for as long as you guys say it has, don't you think a coach of Hooks magnitude would have done something by now. I mean, if it is so obvious a problem that you guys notice, I would think the great Dan Hooks would have done something about it by now.

This just sounds like a bunch of whinning if you ask me.

I personaly think Dan Hooks is a great coach and I'm in no position to question this mans decisions. I don't think any of you are either.

It is so funny how you WOS fans want to lay this at the Offensive coordinators feet and not even mention Hooks' resposibility here. He's the freaking head coach and AD for crying out loud. If this man, who is considered by many( particularly you Mustang fans ) as one of the best coaches to ever coach in this area, probably the state, wants this coach as his OC, then so be it. If this is such a problem that has lasted for as long as you guys say it has, don't you think a coach of Hooks magnitude would have done something by now. I mean, if it is so obvious a problem that you guys notice, I would think the great Dan Hooks would have done something about it by now.

This just sounds like a bunch of whinning if you ask me.

I personaly think Dan Hooks is a great coach and I'm in no position to question this mans decisions. I don't think any of you are either.

But, then, you have little idea what you're talking about. I see at least 10 WO-S games a year. I'd guess you see maybe one. Our OC has been a thorn in our side for the better part of a decade, and our defense under Thompson (plus great athletes on offense) have bailed us out. Now that the Foremans are gone, it's hurting us more than before. The playcalling is ridiculous. Unless you can point out something to refute our claims of pitiful playcallin, butt out. ;D

But, then, you have little idea what you're talking about. I see at least 10 WO-S games a year. I'd guess you see maybe one. Our OC has been a thorn in our side for the better part of a decade, and our defense under Thompson (plus great athletes on offense) have bailed us out. Now that the Foremans are gone, it's hurting us more than before. The playcalling is ridiculous. Unless you can point out something to refute our claims of pitiful playcallin, butt out. ;D

First of all, this is a public forum, I can make comments if I choose to.

My point of this whole OC thing is that Dan Hooks is the AD and head coach, the buck stops with him. None of you are pointing your fingers at him. He is the one that should be held accountable for any problems that the WOS football program has.

Two questions, do you think Dan Hooks is a great coach? If so, don't you think he would have recognized this " problem " and dealt with it accordingly?

You're right, I have not seen as many WOS games as you folks have, but I know what an outstanding coach Dan Hooks is. You'll never convince me that you guys know more than he does about this situation. WOS fans support Dan Hooks, Dan Hooks supports his OC, these should go hand in hand.

Like I said before, the buck stops with Hooks, he and only he is ultimately responsible for all the play calling, offensive or defensive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298