Is Lumberton good????or the opponents just not that good........

Guest football09

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

Besides myself and Raiderpride has any of you seen the 2007 Raiders play not the 2006 but the 2007 Raiders? I heard last week how BC was a better school than NewCaney and they would score and keep it close, well that didnt happen so now all of the sudden BC is a horrible school. Come on play EC and Kirbyville Silsbee? We scrimmaged Silsbee they were nothing to brag about. Like I said we have to win to get respect But I wonder why there are so many HATERS out there that dont want Lumberton to win. You Dont see Lumberton people on here wishing other teams would lose or picking there predistrict schedule apart. We know we have to prove we are good on the field why dont the haters just sit back and watch the whole season and then hate on us if we are not better. I dont see Lumberton people on here saying we will win district just others saying how we wont. I am not sure we can beat Dayton but I expect it to be closer than last year, which by the way no one else beat them last year either! So unless you have seen the 2007 raiders hold your thoughts on how good or bad they are!!

Ill say Lumberton is a good team because I covered its game tonight and watched them. BC may be young but the Raiders are a good football team. Many returning starters and these guys can play. I wont say they will make the playoffs just yet but I will be far from surprised if they do.

One thing you can not replicate in practice is speed.

The teams Lumberton are playing are good, but they lack overall speed like they will see when Dayton, Central, and even Ozen play them.

Last year in Dayton's last game against Texas City, they were like a 1/2 step faster than most of the competition we played in district and it took us too long to adjust.  When Lumberton plays Dayton in 2 weeks, they will have to face the fact that at least 6 out of 7 of the fastest players on the field will be on the Broncos sideline.  If they can't adjust to that it will be like what happened last year.  Not saying the slower team can't win, you just have to be able to adjust to the quicker team.  It looks like Lumberton is much better this year, we will just have to see how their players compete against much quicker competition.

I have watched Lumberton for many years, and I have seen them play this year. They are a much improved team! I do not remember a time when I seen the defense make so many stops for zero or negative yards. The defense has definitely improved ALOT. The Raiders also have some speed. The draw backs that I see is the Raiders look small on both sides of the ball. But they are also a very scrappy bunch, they WILL put a hat on you. The other thing I did not like too much was the amount of penaltys the Raiders had last night. Entirely too many!! Sometimes I thought the referees may be trying to help out BC a bit (this was just my opinion).

I do not think they are ready for a district Championship yet but they will definitely not be a push over as in years past.

On another note concerning the Lumberton-BC game last night the second and third teams were on the field for much of the second half and the coaches were not trying to run the score up. It could have been ALOT worse.

Scoring summary

LUM -- Anthony Beard 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 08:20, 1st.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 34-yard pass to Aaron Credeur. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 11:52, 2nd.

LUM -- Anthony Beard 73-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 08:24, 2nd.

LUM -- Bryce DeJohn 38-yard pass to Aaron Credeur. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 07:17, 2nd.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 45-yard run. PAT Kick ( Trace Freeman ), 06:12, 2nd.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 64-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 07:14, 3rd.

BRC -- Jason Breaux 52-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Jared Raggio ), 08:56, 4th.

LUM -- Jacob Hanna 80-yard kickoff return. PAT Kick ( Jonathon Bell ), 08:42, 4th.

Team Stats

Bridge City      Lumberton

Total yards                            142              444

First downs                              11                17

Rushes/Yds                          23/52          40/341

Average rush                          2.26              8.53

Comp/Atts                            12/35              6/9

Pass yards                              90                103 

Punts                                    5                  0

Punting Yards                        147                0

Punting Average                    29.4                0

Fumbles/Lost                          1/1                3/1

Penalties-yards                      5-35            10-90

Is Lumberton good????or the opponents just not that good........ 

Yes to both of those questions!  Lumberton is that good and our opponents thus far are both having down years. 

The biggest difference in the '06 Raiders and '07 Raiders is DEFENSE!!!!  We knew we had a good offense coming into the season but defense was a big question.

Here's a few interesting stats:

Offense:

avg 7.5 yards per carry

avg 20 yards per catch

QB has a 154 passer rating

Defense

Total Yards       '06        '07

New Caney        230        71

BC                   354        142

If we can continue to play good defense throughout district we will be where we need to be in weeks 9 and 10. 

For those of us that were at the games last year know that we were in every game in the 4th quarter with the exception of Dayton and Nederland.  This team will win some of those close games. 

Good luck Raiders!  Continue to improve and prepare for one of the toughest district schedules in the state.

[glow=red,2,300]"TURN IT LOOSE"[/glow]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder