West Orange-Stark 36 Silsbee 6/Final

AggiesAreWe

Just an FYI on the penalties last night:

7 personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties called last night. 5 against WO-S, 2 against Silsbee.

2 ejections, both to WO-S.

I think the officials got a little flag happy but I think they were trying to get back control of the game.

I honestly think both teams showed their worse side last night. I actually was a little surprised with WO-S. A Cornell Thompson coached team normally doesn't behave like that. Emotions were definitely running high last night for whatever reasons.

I am also smart enough to know that the retaliatory person is usually the one that gets flagged.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just an FYI on the penalties last night:

7 personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties called last night. 5 against WO-S, 2 against Silsbee.

2 ejections, both to WO-S.

I think the officials got a little flag happy but I think they were trying to get back control of the game.

I honestly think both teams showed their worse side last night. I actually was a little surprised with WO-S. A Cornell Thompson coached team normally doesn't behave like that. Emotions were definitely running high last night for whatever reasons.

I am also smart enough to know that the retaliatory person is usually the one that gets flagged.

^^^^^^^
THIS

13 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Will the ejections from last night’s game influence WO-S players availability for next week’s game? Will #4 and #19 must sit out the first half of the game between WO-S and Orangefield?

They should have to sit the 1st half. Should be able to play in the 2nd half.

47 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Looking on the brighter side for WO-S, last night their defense was very good.  Special teams did a really nice job kicking the ball and keeping Silsbee in poor field position.

Sidebar, Texan Live broadcast was awful.

That's an understatement for sure.Yes the defense is playing lights out.The offense just plays in spurts.Only reason they are scoring a lot of points is their defense and specials team play.They are no match for a team like Carthage at this point in time.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Looking on the brighter side for WO-S, last night their defense was very good.  Special teams did a really nice job kicking the ball and keeping Silsbee in poor field position.

Sidebar, Texan Live broadcast was awful.

Question. What was so bad about the video broadcast? Camera? Sound? Play by? What?

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Question. What was so bad about the video broadcast? Camera? Sound? Play by? What?

For me it was the game delay, constant buffering, and the camera not following the play. The broadcasters were okay, it was basically, the technical aspects. I think you are right about the ejections.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

That's an understatement for sure.Yes the defense is playing lights out.The offense just plays in spurts.Only reason they are scoring a lot of points is their defense and specials team play.They are no match for a team like Carthage at this point in time.

Yep you right. We need to focus on District games before playoffs. If this game would have been in the playoffs with players having to sit out a half it could have been costly.

32 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

For me it's the camera.They don't follow the pass or punt plays and by the time they do the play is over.Play by is ok but could be better.

The way I look at it is that it’s better than nothing at all. I’ll keep paying $9.95 a month for the games I can’t attend.  I also like watching another games too. 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Carthage will have a say in that. We all know that..neither  team at this point can compete with them.

i  disagree with that one !! Ik how gud Carthage is. I've seen them up close. And they are as gud as advertised.but every team has a weakness. And i will assure u them 350 plus lineman don't like to move outside of 5yrds. Wo quickness will give them problems.and not only that. 6,4 19 will be a handful going quick on them. And spreading them out bcz that dine is so deep.aloy of teams they played has hurt themselves with T/O. Which alot fail to mention.w.o lbs are as gud as advertised too !! So it will be a gud one.

Not surprised by the WOS winning margin.  Only big surprise, as has been mentioned in a couple of earlier post, is two players on Coach T’s team being ejected.   In the past, imo the Mustangs have been a class act.   Guess the kids today don’t buy into discipline,and even he can’t instill it.   Sad that.

1 hour ago, dj said:

i  disagree with that one !! Ik how gud Carthage is. I've seen them up close. And they are as gud as advertised.but every team has a weakness. And i will assure u them 350 plus lineman don't like to move outside of 5yrds. Wo quickness will give them problems.and not only that. 6,4 19 will be a handful going quick on them. And spreading them out bcz that dine is so deep.aloy of teams they played has hurt themselves with T/O. Which alot fail to mention.w.o lbs are as gud as advertised too !! So it will be a gud one.

I have to agree with Soulja on this one. I would love to see WOS win if only by one. Heck, even a tie would be sweet.  Not gonna happen, I don’t think.