Indoor Soccer Center?

bullets13

I've been wondering why there is no indoor soccer field in the southeast texas area.  it seems to me that if there was one, it would do quite well.  you figure in girl and boy leagues for every age division up to age 18, and then college leagues, coed leagues, over30 leagues, and so on, and an indoor place would make some money.  on top of this, concessions, maybe some t-shirt and merchandise sales, and a small bar/restaurant, and it could be very profitable.  what do ya'll think?  I know i'd play in at least a couple of leagues myself.

My son plays indoor at BlueSky Sports Center in Keller.  There is one in Keller and one in The Colony here in the MetroPlex.  There are also other indoor facilities in Southlake, Arlington, Dallas, Euless and Mesquite.  These facilities are unreal and make a ton of money.  They have leagues from U5-U18 in boys and girls and then start with mens, womens and co-ed in all ages from beginner to advanced.  They stay extremely busy.  Monday-Friday they start at 4:30 pm and the last game begins at I believe 11:15 pm.  They play 2 20 minutes halfs with a 2 minute half-time and 3 minutes in between games.  If you are not ready they start the clock and you just lose playing time.  On Saturday and Sunday they begin at 7:30 am and the last game starts at 11:15 pm.  They play ALL day and NEVER run behind.  They are very well organized.  They run 4 seasons, Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer and are always booked for every season in every division.  They charge $650 per team which gets each team 8 regular season games plus play-offs.  They also have a Karate room, basketball court and workout room along with the main soccer field and the small soccer field for the younger players.  They have a concession stand and a retail shop.  If someone in the Golden Triangle would open one up they would make a ton of money.  Think of the development that the players in the triangle would get if they had a year round indoor facility to train at.

You club fellas would know better, but I think that The Meadows has agreed to really fix up the place with a proper "field house" et al and I think, but I'm not sure, that an indoor facility was one of the things that's supposed to go up, too.

I helped pay for the indoor facility at A&M, but graduated too early to enjoy it.  >:(  I knew I should have partied and slacked off more!  Four years of college is not enough!  ;)

i'm glad to hear that there are a couple of indoor options, but i don't know how available they will be to the average joe.  i went to lamar for a year and we got a pretty good club team together, and they would let us practice indoors in one of the gyms, but i wouldn't call it an indoor field.  i'm not sure what lamar has now. is the one at the lamar rec center an actual indoor soccer field, or just a gym where they let you play?

there was also an indoor place in longview, and it did pretty well, getting teams from tyler, marshall, and longview.  i was going to school in marshall, and our college team would get a couple of squads together and we'd go play, but soccer is a lot bigger down here with tons of players from lumberton, beaumont, nederland, and pn-g, and good amounts of players from vidor, silsbee, lcm, etc.

i'm glad to hear that there are a couple of indoor options, but i don't know how available they will be to the average joe.  i went to lamar for a year and we got a pretty good club team together, and they would let us practice indoors in one of the gyms, but i wouldn't call it an indoor field.  i'm not sure what lamar has now. is the one at the lamar rec center an actual indoor soccer field, or just a gym where they let you play?

Its an actual indoor soccer field. Its got goals build into the walls and each end and is oval with a huge net drapped over it so the ball cannot be kicked out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86