Lumberton @ Livingston

4 minutes ago, Raider4 said:

That is crazy, the whole district should be the same. 

And that might be the solution....that is getting the DEC involved.  4 schools have seen fit to move and 1 other wants to.  Seems like a pretty easy majority, if you can swing that on this short of notice.

7 minutes ago, Raider4 said:

Talk about a home field advantage. Anyway you look at it Livingston has it made.  Play on Thursday and our boys are dealing with flooding, play on Saturday and our boys had to leave town  or flooded... their minds are going to be somewhere else..livingston doesnt have to deal with anything but a game

I doubt we will have flooding on Thursday, but there’s a 70% chance of rain on Friday the whole night. They get our whole gang to go up there on buses, call the game off  and send them packing home, then replay the next day around 1 which means another bus ride there and back. It’s either that, or they want to avoid the game altogether. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I doubt we will have flooding on Thursday, but there’s a 70% chance of rain on Friday the whole night. They get our whole gang to go up there on buses, call the game off  and send them packing home, then replay the next day around 1 which means another bus ride there and back. It’s either that, or they want to avoid the game altogether. 

Sorry, I meant play on Friday.  Thursday is our best bet but no one but Coach wants that day.

45 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And that might be the solution....that is getting the DEC involved.  4 schools have seen fit to move and 1 other wants to.  Seems like a pretty easy majority, if you can swing that on this short of notice.

I just spoke to the Livingston field house. They said it’s still on for Friday. They said they don’t expect much more than an inch of rain. Lol. What a dumbarse. Lol. They said, if we have to reschedule we can always play Saturday or Monday per UIL. 

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I just spoke to the Livingston field house. They said it’s still on for Friday. They said they don’t expect much more than an inch of rain. Lol. What a dumbarse. Lol. They said, if we have to reschedule we can always play Saturday or Monday per UIL. 

Yeah.  Coach Babin did already consult the DEC who said that the decision to move the game had to be a mutual one.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I blame TigerGirl2010 aka @RaiderGirl2010 for all of this mess, if only Livingston didn't have anyone see that past post about calling the UIL by her Livingston would be more understanding about this. 😁

Lol. Honestly they know Lumberton throws a lot and a wet field will help their chances. Not a stupid move if it doesn’t put anyone in danger driving through a hurricane. We shall see. 

Is Lumberton afraid of a little rain?

Come on!

Seriously, I doubt we get anything up here. I hardly had any rain from Laura and this storm is going to land further east. And if if it did shift west, I'd rather spend Thursday preparing for the storm than being at a game. 

At worst, we play Saturday football.

So quit crying!

9 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Come on!

Seriously, I doubt we get anything up here. I hardly had any rain from Laura and this storm is going to land further east. And if if it did shift west, I'd rather spend Thursday preparing for the storm than being at a game. 

So quit crying!

It’s not the fact about playing in rain. It’s the safety of our kids and fans traveling Friday!

26 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Come on!

So quit crying!

You gonna get Tigergirl2010 aka @RaiderGirl2010 worked up. She’s gonna call the UIL and still gonna go watch Silsbee play. Tigernation

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Come on!

So quit crying!

I don’t think anyone’s crying. I just think it would be prudent to move the game to Thursday like every other team in the district. Doesnt make much sense. Although Livingston didn’t get much rain last time, we lost power for several days here in Lumberton. Plus you got bus loads of kids on the road in a storm. Honestly, I’d rather go to a Friday night game too. Unless, of course, I have to worry about my Senior making a senseless trip in a hurricane. I guess my big question is why not move the game like everyone did for safety’s sake? It’s a fair question. 

25 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don’t think anyone’s crying. I just think it would be prudent to move the game to Thursday like every other team in the district. Doesnt make much sense. Although Livingston didn’t get much rain last time, we lost power for several days here in Lumberton. Plus you got bus loads of kids on the road in a storm. Honestly, I’d rather go to a Friday night game too. Unless, of course, I have to worry about my Senior making a senseless trip in a hurricane. I guess my big question is why not move the game like everyone did for safety’s sake? It’s a fair question. 

What I understand it shifted more to the west. 

If Friday turns bad, then why would you play Thursday when you should spend that day getting ready for the storm?

And if Friday is bad, there won't be a safety issue regarding travel because the game will be rescheduled to the next available date.

It's Livingston's call. Next year when Lumberton hosts, y'all can move the game up or back if there's inclement weather to your hearts' content.