Lumberton @ Livingston

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

I’ve got quite a few relatives in this area with no power. Gonna have a full house tonight. Blowing up the air mattresses. Hope this crap clears up before we leave for Livingston tomorrow. 

I’d like to go the game but I’m pretty sure stadium capacity is probably at maximum already 

25 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, if it makes you feel better, about 300 homes (mine included) have no power currently. Finally took a break from hooking up the generator to the freezers, fridges and some lights. The good news is nobody died driving to the game. See y’all mañana. 

25 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, if it makes you feel better, about 300 homes (mine included) have no power currently. Finally took a break from hooking up the generator to the freezers, fridges and some lights. The good news is nobody died driving to the game. See y’all mañana. 

No, people without power doesn't make me feel better. I just didn't understand the hard on y'all had to play on Thursday when it would be better to spend that time preparing for the storm.

I didn't think we were going to play today because weather would mandate the move. it just irked me with all the hysteronics about moving the game. Said over and over that if the weather dictated it, it was gonna move.

All the drama, it comes off as whining. And because I live in Livingston, I'm riding with my squad. I can't help y'all beat up on the town I live in.

Glad you're safe. hope you get power back soon.

35 minutes ago, Byrdiug said:

Multiple wrecks across SETX area due to hydroplaning and wind, but sure, beat your chest about how Livingston had decent weather and game could have been played. I have spoke with multiple people from my area (Nederland), have also spoke to a few in Lumberton/Silsbee area who have received much more extensive damage than they received during Laura, but continue to down play it so you can ride your high horse. I imagine you will have a few people “like” your comment and try to down play the significance of the storm. Shame on them too. Must be nice to sit back and not have to worry about your community flooding or receiving hurricane damage, and poke fun in the meantime. People like your are sick, but I guess I’m just sensitive. 

I pick because I felt and still feel that some of the hysteronics of Lumberton wanting to play on Thursday or else was ridiculous. The forecast up here never called for bad weather and if the weather did get bad, the UIL lets you make the game up on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday.  

They escalated this out of proportion, like they were going die if we had a Friday football game. I said if you think the storm is that bad, then spend Thursday preparing for the storm because football shouldn't come before securing life and property.

I always said prepare for the storm, even when I was teasing. Go back and look. I even said I feel bad for everyone without lights after my dig about people in Lumberton being on their roofs and in need of a boat rescue. They were no where near the storm surge. But if you let the Raiders tell it, they were the target of the eyewall.

I exaggerated because they were overreacting. If you don't like it, that's on you.

3 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I pick because I felt and still feel that some of the hysteronics of Lumberton wanting to play on Thursday or else was ridiculous. The forecast up here never called for bad weather and if the weather did get bad, the UIL lets you make the game up on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday.  

They escalated this out of proportion, like they were going die if we had a Friday football game. I said if you think the storm is that bad, then spend Thursday preparing for the storm because football shouldn't come before securing life and property.

I always said prepare for the storm, even when I was teasing. Go back and look. I even said I feel bad for everyone without lights after my dig about people in Lumberton being on their roofs and in need of a boat rescue. They were no where near the storm surge. But if you let the Raiders tell it, they were the target of the eyewall.

I exaggerated because they were overreacting. If you don't like it, that's on you.

Let it freakin go dang! 

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

No, people without power doesn't make me feel better. I just didn't understand the hard on y'all had to play

Watch your language per the rules. I would hate for you to get in trouble, plus there are ladies on here. 

it just irked me with all the hysteronics

I pick because I felt and still feel that some of the hysteronics

If you are going to continually use a word to degrade someone, try to spell it correctly or you just look “stupider” than before. It’s “histrionics”. 

The issue was the plan by Livingston for Lumberton to either forfeit or have to drive up in unsafe conditions with 55 mph winds and 7 or 8 inches of rainfall today knowing the game would have to be rescheduled for Saturday and another bus ride. Livingston couldn’t pull that off if the game was held on Thursday. That is the issue. That was confirmed by the Livingston field house as the play they were trying to make. 

17 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

No, people without power doesn't make me feel better. I just didn't understand the hard on y'all had to play on Thursday when it would be better to spend that time preparing for the storm.

I didn't think we were going to play today because weather would mandate the move. it just irked me with all the hysteronics about moving the game. Said over and over that if the weather dictated it, it was gonna move.

All the drama, it comes off as whining. And because I live in Livingston, I'm riding with my squad. I can't help y'all beat up on the town I live in.

Glad you're safe. hope you get power back soon.

The boys weren’t  preparing for the storm on Thursday, however today Saturday they are having to leave their families that are having to clean up from the storm.  Several players AND coaches left their homes this morning and could have spent the day cleaning up, repairing and or helping their neighbors.  That’s why they wanted to play Thursday. 

19 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Watch your language per the rules. I would hate for you to get in trouble, plus there are ladies on here. 

If you are going to continually use a word to degrade someone, try to spell it correctly or you just look “stupider” than before. It’s “histrionics”. 

The issue was the plan by Livingston for Lumberton to either forfeit or have to drive up in unsafe conditions with 55 mph winds and 7 or 8 inches of rainfall today knowing the game would have to be rescheduled for Saturday and another bus ride. Livingston couldn’t pull that off if the game was held on Thursday. That is the issue. That was confirmed by the Livingston field house as the play they were trying to make. 

Nah, that was never it. We would have won Thursday too. Y'all were outclassed on the field and out coached.

Adieu, Lumberton fans. I wish I could say it's been a pleasure, but it wasn't.

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The Livingston Lions have the inside track for a DC... all they gotta do is beat HH and Splendora.

I wouldn't go there yet...

We play Hargrave and Splendora on the road. Both have been a house of horrors for us.

I'm surprised y'all lost to Splendora; they haven't looked good this year. Vidor has been solid all season.

We're going to beat the Battlin' Bears. 

2 hours ago, LC-M said:

I highly doubt livingston beats LCM. 

They're going pound LCM this year in Livingston and next year on Bear Path.

Y'all don't have an offense to keep up with Livingston. The Lions are a track meet waiting to happen.

Next year, when they play in North Orange, you can buy me a beer at Spanky's before we both go sit on the home side because I was right about this.

I raised Lions, but I'll always be a Bear.

16 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

They're going pound LCM this year in Livingston and next year on Bear Path.

Y'all don't have an offense to keep up with Livingston. The Lions are a track meet waiting to happen.

Next year, when they play in North Orange, you can buy me a beer at Spanky's before we both go sit on the home side because I was right about this.

I raised Lions, but I'll always be a Bear.

I hope your not gauging this over a win over Lumberton lol

47 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I hope your not gauging this over a win over Lumberton lol

I have been holding it down for LCM in the woods for the past 17 years. I like it when the Bears do well. For most of my time on this board, my handle has been BearEssentials97.

With that out of the way...

No, this is based on what I seen of y'all. I ain't been impressed. I told you so after the Woodville game. I said there's no excuse to lose to the Eagles, y'all got at least twice the numbers.

You had Kinkaid dead to rights. But once they shook off the dust they proceeded to steam roll you. You couldn't but a drive together to slow them down . It reminded me of the Texans meltdown in Kansas City in January.

And you might as well stayed in the locker room against Jasper. I stated I was glad the game against Carthage was called off. They would still be scoring touchdowns as we speak.

We score in a hurry. And we pick yards up in chunks. The Bears haven't had an answer for that all season.

Y'all have a hard time keeping a drive alive. 

But that's why we play the game.

We'll see you in Livingston in a few weeks.