Lumberton @ Livingston

2 hours ago, Byrdiug said:

An eye for an eye. Great strategy. How about try to make accommodations to a community that could be possibly be under hurricane watch? You know, like every other school did. I am not sure Saturday will be available since the thing isn't making landfall until late Friday / early Saturday morning anyways. So now Friday, and Saturday could be out of the question. You also keep making your cute jabs, such as, "is Lumberton afraid of a little rain?" or "why Lumberton is so eager to get beat down a day earlier?" Both teams are coming off of a bye week, could Livingston not be prepared for the 1-3 Raiders, and need more days of preparation? Is Livingston scared to play the 1-3 Raiders in favorable conditions? Is Livingston hoping for Lumberton to be impacted by hurricane, so they can play the 1-3 Raiders short staffed, or potentially coming off of an evacuation? Quit being childish, and sticking up for an irresponsible decision that has been made. Hoping for safe travels to the Raiders, and a healthy game for both teams, whenever the game is played. 

Y'all were being childish about wanting to play Thursday, not me.

All the crying was a bit much. If weather dictated a change, it would change. We're playing Saturday ball.

You got selective sensitivity. I always said spend Thursday to prepare for the storm and it wouldn't make sense to have people drive through a monsoon for a game. 

Chill the you know what out, people!

Y'all Lumberton people are sensitive!

Just now, Lions Pride 2021 said:

All the crying was a bit much. If weather dictated a change, it would change. We're playing Saturday ball.

You got selective sensitivity. I always said spend Thursday to prepare for the storm and it wouldn't make sense to have people drive through a monsoon for a game. 

Yeah, we care about our kids’ safety. Not being sensitive - being sensible. Wrong again. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, we care about our kids’ safety. Not being sensitive - being sensible. Wrong again. 

no one is playing in unsafe conditions. that's never an option. That you think I was advocating that is asinine on your part. I always said get prepared for the storm today. and that if if was bad, we weren't playing Friday. Hence the crybaby remarks to Raider fans.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Apparently it wasn’t. Wrong again. 

Both coaches gotta agree to a move. If we said we'll play Saturday, then that was our call.

We're not playing today, which is what y'all wanted. Newton has already rescheduled it's Thursday game to Saturday.

With the storm forecast has changed and will make landfall later, it'll be wet where you're at most of the day, but it'll probably be a Laura repeat up here.

If you're so worried about the storm, spend today getting ready for the storm.

3 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

no one is playing in unsafe conditions. that's never an option. That you think I was advocating that is asinine on your part. I always said get prepared for the storm today. and that if if was bad, we weren't playing Friday. Hence the crybaby remarks to Raider fans.

Wrong again. Livingston was forced to change it. We’d still be playing Friday if it weren’t for y’all’s coach getting lined up. 

Just now, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Both coaches gotta agree to a move. If we said we'll play Saturday, then that was our call.

We're not playing today, which is what y'all wanted. Newton has already rescheduled it's Thursday game to Saturday.

With the storm forecast has changed and will make landfall later, it'll be wet where you're at most of the day, but it'll probably be a Laura repeat up here.

If you're so worried about the storm, spend today getting ready for the storm.

I’m ready already. It’s not gonna be a big deal I don’t think. 

3 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Wrong again. Hardin County judge Wayne McDaniel forced the issue with the district. Then they forced Livingston. It’s good to know facts before you post. Makes you look less wrong and silly. 

53 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

The weather ultimately did dictate a change, like every school in the area knew it would, except one. Which is the reason every other school in the area was proactive, moving the game to Thursday; ultimately avoiding the weather of Friday, and still allowing their team to prepare for their next opponent on a normal schedule (actually w/ an extra day). I am not a fan of either team. I just noticed this particular game was the only game in the area to not make an effort to avoid the weather. I figured SETXSports may provide a reason for that. After gathering more information it appeared to me that one particular team, never tried to adjust game to avoid weather for reasons unknown. When I saw a community being belittled for attempting to make a responsible decision, I decided to comment, or in your words whine and b**ch. Again, glad an agreement has been made, and hopefully the weather clears out for kickoff on Saturday.

40 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Wrong again. Hardin County judge Wayne McDaniel forced the issue with the district. Then they forced Livingston. It’s good to know facts before you post. Makes you look less wrong and silly. 

Glad someone did the right thing for everyone that this storm could effect. Praying that our area is spared once again.