Question for SETX fan

stevenash

6 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I takes time to bounce back from 300 years slavery and 50 Jim Crow. It’s only been 70 since. There has been aid handed out in effort to help but were ultimately going to have to do it ourselves. Can’t expect that to happen overnight though. But like I was saying, if you think the racist history of America has nothing to do with the condition of blacks in America your delusional. The end 

I am sure it does have some relevance.  But the solution does not lie in burning cities and tearing down statues.   Both are simply symbolic and do not address the problem.  If you believe that ultimately you are going to have to do it yourselves, I think you are going about it wrong.

9 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I takes time to bounce back from 300 years slavery and 50 Jim Crow. It’s only been 70 since. There has been aid handed out in effort to help but were ultimately going to have to do it ourselves. Can’t expect that to happen overnight though. But like I was saying, if you think the racist history of America has nothing to do with the condition of blacks in America your delusional. The end 

I think that history has something to do with it but not as much as you do.   I would think the energies devoted to looting, rioting, etc would be much more productive if directed elsewhere.  Additionally, those tactics are, at some point, going to cause an uprising from the silent majority who, to this point, have been guilted out of responding to anything.  There are far far more "silent majority" members than you can imagine.  Once their breaking point is hit, katy bar the door.  Perpetuating the belief to the younger generation that "whitey is out to get you" does not improve their circumstances and suggests to them that their "plight" is inescapable for that reason.  Plenty of people have already proven that theory wrong( Condoleeza Rice, Ben Carson, Robert Johnson,etc.etc.) but they are always criticized and vilified by the majority of those who speak for the black community.  Do you honestly believe that a policeman, who has a fear of losing his job, ought to avoid interaction with a criminal because of his skin color?  Will that make the city or state or country safer?  There are going to be more deaths of black men shot by policemen just as there are going to me more deaths of whites, hispanics, Asians, etc.   BLM and riots will NOT change that FACT.  Isn't a better solution to try to find a way to keep people from putting themselves in positions that force them to interact with peace officers?  Solutions ought to be forward looking rather than the opposite.

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am sure it does have some relevance.  But the solution does not lie in burning cities and tearing down statues.   Both are simply symbolic and do not address the problem.  If you believe that ultimately you are going to have to do it yourselves, I think you are going about it wrong.

The burning and tearing down is different. Although I don’t agree with it, I understand it. The burning and tearing down isn’t about improving our condition but more about protesting police brutality. More like rioting then protesting but still 

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

The burning and tearing down is different. Although I don’t agree with it, I understand it. The burning and tearing down isn’t about improving our condition but more about protesting police brutality. More like rioting then protesting but still 

The numbers do not show that so quit lying. Show me the numbers that back that stupid theory of Police Brutality with a creditable source?

7 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Do you think it will change anything?   If a taser does not stop a suspect, what "special training" will provide a solution rather than gunfire?

38 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Man, you are nothing but a cop out.