Question for SETX fan

stevenash

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

In what other country could mister Watson get that type of contract in recognition of his talents?  Isn't it interesting that all is fair for Mr. Watson but what happened to Colin Kaepernick, in your mind, is racism?   Maybe they should be tearing down statues in some other countries.

In what other country does pro sports bring in the type of money it brings in on the U.S.? 

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

In what other country could mister Watson get that type of contract in recognition of his talents?  Isn't it interesting that all is fair for Mr. Watson but what happened to Colin Kaepernick, in your mind, is racism?   Maybe they should be tearing down statues in some other countries.

I never brought up Kap but yeah that’s systemic racism. 

Just now, Setx fan said:

I never brought up Kap but yeah that’s systemic racism. 

So, when something good happens to a black player, its fully attributable to his credentials.    However, when a black  player behaves in a manner that others deem unacceptable, its racism?  How convenient.   I was just hired as the New Jersey Nets new head coach.  I assume, since a black person did not get the job, it too, is automatically racism?

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

So, when something good happens to a black player, its fully attributable to his credentials.    However, when a black  player behaves in a manner that others deem unacceptable, its racism?  How convenient.   I was just hired as the New Jersey Nets new head coach.  I assume, since a black person did not get the job, it too, is automatically racism?

Man you are NOT Steve Nash. LOL I find it funny how black athletes can commit horrible crimes and those things can be overlooked as long as they come back and just “shut up and dribble“. But as soon as they want to speak up about social injustice all hell breaks loose. Sytemic racism

Give me an example of a black athlete committing a horrible crime and, the crime is overlooked and they are allowed back if they shut up and dribble.  I notice you did not answer my question about a caucasian being hired as the Nets coach.   Speaking of systemic racism, since blacks comprise about 14% of the population and about three times that in the NBA, is that discrimination against other races?  Regarding speaking up, why were the Dallas Cowboys, a couple of years ago, denied the right to put the names of fallen police officers on their helmets/jerseys?  Why was Tim Tebow belittled for kneeling in prayer after scoring a touchdown? Please dont try to tell me these two examples should be allowed if what is currently going on in the NBA bubble is being allowed.

29 minutes ago, stevenash said:

1. Give me an example of a black athlete committing a horrible crime and, the crime is overlooked and they are allowed back if they shut up and dribble. 2.  I notice you did not answer my question about a caucasian being hired as the Nets coach.  3. Speaking of systemic racism, since blacks comprise about 14% of the population and about three times that in the NBA, is that discrimination against other races?  4. Regarding speaking up, why were the Dallas Cowboys, a couple of years ago, denied the right to put the names of fallen police officers on their helmets/jerseys? 5.  Why was Tim Tebow belittled for kneeling in prayer after scoring a touchdown? Please dont try to tell me these two examples should be allowed if what is currently going on in the NBA bubble is being allowed.

1. Just look at the history of guys Jerry Jones has signed

2. Steve Nash will probably make a good coach. I think Marc Jackson would have been a better decision based on his experience. Don’t believe Steve was picked because of his race. I just think he has a good relationship with the owner. If Marc Jackson is being overlooked for any personal reason it probably has more to do with his strong religious stance than his race. 

3. Blacks are just better at basketball because we’re more passionate about the sport although there are exceptions. 

4. don’t know much about that situation. Don’t sound like a genuine movement though. Sounds like they just wanted to do  something to oppose the BLM movement. 

5. Read 2 Timothy 3:12 and Mathew 5:10. Also note that Tebow was belittled but he wasn’t fined like another Muslim player who would pray when he reached the end zone 

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

1. Just look at the history of guys Jerry Jones has signed

2. Steve Nash will probably make a good coach. I think Marc Jackson would have been a better decision based on his experience. Don’t believe Steve was picked because of his race. I just think he has a good relationship with the owner. If Marc Jackson is being overlooked for any personal reason it probably has more to do with his strong religious stance than his race. 

3. Blacks are just better at basketball because we’re more passionate about the sport although there are exceptions. 

4. don’t know much about that situation. Don’t sound like a genuine movement though. Sounds like they just wanted to do  something to oppose the BLM movement. 

5. Read 2 Timothy 3:12 and Mathew 5:10. Also note that Tebow was belittled but he wasn’t fined like another Muslim player who would pray when he reached the end zone 

Both of the incidents mentioned happened long before BLM movement became prominent in sports.   " Black are just better at basketball"  Pretty good reasoning'  Why doesnt that apply to other parts of life where blacks are not better? I get it.  Bringing up percentages of the population when it comes to football coaches and CEOs is reasonable but "being just better" supersedes those theories.  Another convenient theory.   If it works for me, its all fair and good and  when it doesnt work for me, it is the fault of someone else.  I am never responsible for my lot in life.  The constant black on black murders in Chicago have more to do with redlining than the individuals involved just being thugs.  Must be nice to truly and honestly believe that one is responsible for all successes and not responsible for all failures/shortcomings

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Both of the incidents mentioned happened long before BLM movement became prominent in sports.   " Black are just better at basketball"  Pretty good reasoning'  Why doesnt that apply to other parts of life where blacks are not better? I get it.  Bringing up percentages of the population when it comes to football coaches and CEOs is reasonable but "being just better" supersedes those theories.  Another convenient theory.   If it works for me, its all fair and good and  when it doesnt work for me, it is the fault of someone else.  I am never responsible for my lot in life.  The constant black on black murders in Chicago have more to do with redlining than the individuals involved just being thugs.

Your all over the place here but I’ll just address the last part. Yes blacks have power to make our own decisions and face the consequences but the fact is it’s easier for some to make the wrong decisions than others. Different people live in different conditions and circumstances. Fact is the racist history of America has a lot to do with the condition of blacks in America today. There’s just no way around that and if you don’t think so your delusional. Not even gone keep arguing with you about that. 

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Why is it easier for some to make decisions than others?  Give me an example.  You suggesting I am delusional is the height of hypocrisy.  Tell me why what happens in Chicago every weekend is the fault of someone other than the perpetrators.

1. If you have 100 kids grow up in wealthy homes with both parents and are taught skills and trades. And have positive role models. Are properly fed and sleep in a comfortable bed. Don’t witness a lot of violence are less likely to have been through traumatizing experiences. Have friends who share a similar lifestyle. 

2. Then you have another group of kids who grow up in poverty. Single parent home. Dad might be dead or in jail. Mom might have a drug addiction or maybe works 24/7 so she doesn’t focus on her child the way she should. Maybe Mom and Dad are out the picture so it’s grandma. Try to get some sleep while your stomachs growling a lot of nights. Most the grown ups you look up to or see as successful play ball or    live a life of crime. Everybody assumes your a bad kid by your appearance and upbringing rather that’s true or not. You witness gang violence. You may have seen someone killed at a young age. You may start to think those type of things are normal. Your surrounded by peers who share a simulate life experience. I could go on but I really don’t have the time. 

Although both have the power to make their own decisions #2 will produce more criminals than #1. And if you think some of those kids from #1 wouldn’t make some of the same decisions as #2  had they been in the same position your delusional. And if you think the racist history of America isn’t one of the main reasons black kids are more likely to have circumstance #2 then white kids your very delusional.

11 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

1. If you have 100 kids grow up in wealthy homes with both parents and are taught skills and trades. And have positive role models. Are properly fed and sleep in a comfortable bed. Don’t witness a lot of violence are less likely to have been through traumatizing experiences. Have friends who share a similar lifestyle. 

2. Then you have another group of kids who grow up in poverty. Single parent home. Dad might be dead or in jail. Mom might have a drug addiction or maybe works 24/7 so she doesn’t focus on her child the way she should. Maybe Mom and Dad are out the picture so it’s grandma. Try to get some sleep while your stomachs growling a lot of nights. Most the grown ups you look up to or see as successful play ball or    live a life of crime. Everybody assumes your a bad kid by your appearance and upbringing rather that’s true or not. You witness gang violence. You may have seen someone killed at a young age. You may start to think those type of things are normal. Your surrounded by peers who share a simulate life experience. I could go on but I really don’t have the time. 

Although both have the power to make their own decisions #2 will produce more criminals than #1. And if you think some of those kids from #1 wouldn’t make some of the same decisions as #2  had they been in the same position your delusional. And if you think the racist history of America isn’t one of the main reasons black kids are more likely to have circumstance #2 then white kids your very delusional.

How do you eliminate number 2?  What needs to be done that isnt being done?  How many new housing projects ( with special rental provisions) have been erected around this country?   How much aid to dependent children has been provided across the country?  How much has been spent on food stamps everywhere?  You will find a way to deny it has happened but it has and obviously has not been the answer.  Tell me the solution.

This is the hidden content, please

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

How do you eliminate number 2?  What needs to be done that isnt being done?  How many new housing projects ( with special rental provisions) have been erected around this country?   How much aid to dependent children has been provided across the country?  How much has been spent on food stamps everywhere?  You will find a way to deny it has happened but it has and obviously has not been the answer.  Tell me the solution.

This is the hidden content, please

I takes time to bounce back from 300 years slavery and 50 Jim Crow. It’s only been 70 since. There has been aid handed out in effort to help but were ultimately going to have to do it ourselves. Can’t expect that to happen overnight though. But like I was saying, if you think the racist history of America has nothing to do with the condition of blacks in America your delusional. The end