This why people get shot by the Police!

Realville

31 minutes ago, Realville said:

Funny how you don’t see videos like this on News! Police Lives Matter!

Of course police lives matter. 90 are killed during duty each year. 40 of those are due to accidents. You kill a cop and your likely to get the chair or face life in prison at the least.

Cops kill 1000 people each year. They are charged for maybe 10 of those. They are convicted in maybe 2 or 3 of the killings they are charged for. If they are convicted they’re doing 10 to 20 years at the most. Thanks for reminding us police lives matter although I think the judicial system has already made that clear 

42 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Of course police lives matter. 90 are killed during duty each year. 40 of those are due to accidents. You kill a cop and your likely to get the chair or face life in prison at the least.

Cops kill 1000 people each year. They are charged for maybe 10 of those. They are convicted in maybe 2 or 3 of the killings they are charged for. If they are convicted they’re doing 10 to 20 years at the most. Thanks for reminding us police lives matter although I think the judicial system has already made that clear 

Hmmm I wonder if the difference is that the police, in most cases, are in pursuit of lawbreakers while the reverse is not true.  I would like for you to validate that 40 of the 90 police killed each year are by accidents

42 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Funny how the left hears about a criminal being shot and killed by police and already assume it wasn’t justified. Maybe you will need police help someday and they won’t be there for you......sad.

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Hmmm I wonder if the difference is that the police, in most cases, are in pursuit of lawbreakers while the reverse is not true.  I would like for you to validate that 40 of the 90 police killed each year are by accidents

The difference is there’s a 99.99% chance a cop will get off and even if convicted will get it reduced to a lesser charge (manslaughter) and receive a slap on the wrist. 

7 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

The difference is there’s a 99.99% chance a cop will get off and even if convicted will get it reduced to a lesser charge (manslaughter) and receive a slap on the wrist. 

Thats because there is a much higher likelihood that the cop was attempting to enforce the law, which is worth a lot.  Is it, somehow, unfair, that the legal system tends to be more forgiving for those who enforce the law as opposed to those who break it?

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Thats because there is a much higher likelihood that the cop was attempting to enforce the law, which is worth a lot.  Is it, somehow, unfair, that the legal system tends to be more forgiving for those who enforce the law as opposed to those who break it?

1. My initial point of responding to this post was there’s no use in pointing out how how police lives matter when the judicial system has already made it very clear that police lives matter more than most. 

2. Since you asked; Yes I do think it’s unfair that the legal system is more forgiving of a murderer in uniform. You can’t allow those who are supposed to uphold the law to break the law and then treat them differently then you would a regular citizen. 

15 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

An 99.99% of Police shooting Thugs is justified also. There is always that bad apple in all professions. Learning how to submit authority at a very young age will help you live a long an prosperous life unless you live life playing the victim like you. You probably didn’t even watch the video. 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

1. My initial point of responding to this post was there’s no use in pointing out how how police lives matter when the judicial system has already made it very clear that police lives matter more than most. 

2. Since you asked; Yes I do think it’s unfair that the legal system is more forgiving of a murderer in uniform. You can’t allow those who are supposed to uphold the law to break the law and then treat them differently then you would a regular citizen. 

I pointed it out since it seems that the news narrative is that we need to glorify thugs. The pressure that law officers are under on a daily basis is not shown enough. If a kindergartner can listen to the command of a teacher, a full grown man should be able to do the same with a officer. You can’t seem to comprehend that fact.

Before you speak on it go do a ride along. Better yet enroll in the academy and become one.

a lot of the times you have less than a second to make a judgement call when it’s involving life or death.

You want them to protect and serve and put their life in harms way all the while you want them to be seen as a civilian.

shut your mouth and go badge up.....your tune would change real quick even more so now 

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Before you speak on it go do a ride along. Better yet enroll in the academy and become one.

a lot of the times you have less than a second to make a judgement call when it’s involving life or death.

You want them to protect and serve and put their life in harms way all the while you want them to be seen as a civilian.

shut your mouth and go badge up.....your tune would change real quick even more so now 

As one officer’s wife said “ The best sound she could ever hear is the sound of Velcro being ripped apart by her husband’s bullet proof vest as he took it off.  Meaning he made it home alive another day”

32 minutes ago, Realville said:

I pointed it out since it seems that the news narrative is that we need to glorify thugs. The pressure that law officers are under on a daily basis is not shown enough. If a kindergartner can listen to the command of a teacher, a full grown man should be able to do the same with a officer. You can’t seem to comprehend that fact.

You would think they would be required to go through more training to handle “the pressure that law officers are under on a daily basis”. Nope, let’s just put em through 3 weeks training, give em a uniform/badge/gun and send them out on the streets. Makes a lot of sense. And as far as “thugs”. There are plenty of those in uniform as well. 

6 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You would think they would be required to go through more training to handle “the pressure that law officers are under on a daily basis”. Nope, let’s just put em through 3 weeks training, give em a uniform/badge/gun and send them out on the streets. Makes a lot of sense. And as far as “thugs”. There are plenty of those in uniform as well. 

Yes, they should be taught that when a mad man is approaching them with a knife, they should tell him to put it down or they are going to call his mommy. 

12 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yes, they should be taught that when a mad man is approaching them with a knife, they should tell him to put it down or they are going to call his mommy. 

They should be taught every suspect is not a criminal just based off your gut feeling. And they should be taught how to detain and arrest criminals without immediately relying on your weapon. It’s understood that guns are sometimes necessary but they should be taught other techniques also so they don’t have to shoot down 1000 civilians each year. To you they may be just a criminal but that could be someone else’s family member with mental issues. 

10 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

They should be taught every suspect is not a criminal just based off your gut feeling. And they should be taught how to detain and arrest criminals without immediately relying on your weapon. It’s understood that guns are sometimes necessary but they should be taught other techniques also so they don’t have to shoot down 1000 civilians each year. To you they may be just a criminal but that could be someone else’s family member with mental issues. 

Then that family member should have sought help for their mentally incompetent family member. I know. I have a brother with a very serious mental problem. He’s 28 and under 24 hour surveillance. He can’t drive a vehicle, touch a firearm or use anything more potent than a butter knife(and that’s under supervision). We even shave his face. It’s for his protection as well as others. He actually attends classes at LIT. A “handler” is with him the whole time. He’s very intelligent...he just has a mental deficiency. My sister and her husband take care of him since our Mom passed away 9-1/2 years ago. If my sister passes before one of our siblings, then one of us will assume that role as his guardian, protector, and to a point, captor. We all love him and want nothing but what’s in his best interest. If he happened to do something somehow that put a person’s life in grave danger and an officer killed him, we would all be totally devastated. But I can guarantee you that cop doesn’t know his/our situation. I would freely and wholly let that officer know that we are sorry he had to be put in that position. I can tell you, it’s tough if you have to kill someone, no matter the reason. Freedom for the mentally incompetent comes at a risk of harm to others and themselves. Furthermore, I’m insulted that YOU and others can use the mentally incompetent as a crutch to further your misguided hate message to our heroes in Blue who risk their lives EVERY time they walk out the door. Damn you. 

49 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Then that family member should have sought help for their mentally incompetent family member. I know. I have a brother with a very serious mental problem. He’s 28 and under 24 hour surveillance. He can’t drive a vehicle, touch a firearm or use anything more potent than a butter knife(and that’s under supervision). We even shave his face. It’s for his protection as well as others. He actually attends classes at LIT. A “handler” is with him the whole time. He’s very intelligent...he just has a mental deficiency. My sister and her husband take care of him since our Mom passed away 9-1/2 years ago. If my sister passes before one of our siblings, then one of us will assume that role as his guardian, protector, and to a point, captor. We all love him and want nothing but what’s in his best interest. If he happened to do something somehow that put a person’s life in grave danger and an officer killed him, we would all be totally devastated. But I can guarantee you that cop doesn’t know his/our situation. I would freely and wholly let that officer know that we are sorry he had to be put in that position. I can tell you, it’s tough if you have to kill someone, no matter the reason. Freedom for the mentally incompetent comes at a risk of harm to others and themselves. Furthermore, I’m insulted that YOU and others can use the mentally incompetent as a crutch to further your misguided hate message to our heroes in Blue who risk their lives EVERY time they walk out the door. Damn you. 

Very well stated. Sorry about your brother.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

There are different situations for different people. You wouldn’t appreciate if police were better trained and equipped to deal with people with conditions similar to your brothers? 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Research shows the more training, the less it happens

That would seem logical?  What about more training for the offenders/suspect to keep them from putting themselves in a dangerous position?  Do you think having more fathers around and learning to respect authority might also reduce the problem?  By the way, can you point me to conclusive research that you claim proves that?( or did you possibly just make the statement without any basis?)