Woodville 56 Karnes City 12 FINAL

WOSgrad

14 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Not sure how good of an opponent Karnes City is but it seems like an impressive win. Think we may have a pretty good offensive coordinator now also. 

It looks like Brandon Craus’s presence is already being felt in Woodville..!!! Don’t know anything about Karnes City (any good or not), but Craus has a reputation for lighting it up offensively. He’s done it everywhere he’s ever been where he had control of the offense... Dayton (old Dayton, not modern Dayton), Groveton. He did some awesome things at Groveton, just costly turnovers got him in the playoffs a few times. 

I hope Woodville keeps improving from last year and then makes some deep runs into the playoffs. They’ve got some really talented kids working through the program. If Woodville has any sense, they’ll just turn Craus loose and sit back and let him light up the scoreboard. Go Woodville...!!

3 minutes ago, Football Freak said:

It looks like Brandon Craus’s presence is already being felt in Woodville..!!! Don’t know anything about Karnes City (any good or not), but Craus has a reputation for lighting it up offensively. He’s done it everywhere he’s ever been where he had control of the offense... Dayton, Groveton. He did some awesome things at Groveton, just costly turnovers got him in the playoffs a few times. 

I hope Woodville keeps improving from last year and then makes some deep runs into the playoffs. They’ve got some really talented kids working through the program. If Woodville has any sense, they’ll just turn Craus loose and sit back and let him light up the scoreboard. Go Woodville...!!

Is that his name? Whoever he is, I was impressed with the offense. We put up 56 before the end of the third while we never scored 50 in a game last year if my memory is correct. Not sure exactly how bad Karnes City is but I’m sure they’re better than a couple of those teams we played last year. The defense looks good as I expect but if the offense continues to play well we’ll be a little better than I expected. But the district looks like it might be a little tougher than I expected also. Very happy with the coaching staff so far though. Shoutout to Coach Robinson for making adjustments 

Eagles have a new OC yes, his name is Seth Hubbard. He was previously the OC at Alto and San Augustine...both known to put points on the board. Coach Crous is a good coach no doubt, and Woodville is fortunate to have him along with Coach Hubbard. Let’s all enjoy and watch the process and program grow. Best of luck the rest of the year!