Cushing 22 Deweyville 0 FINAL

WOSgrad

Yeah, went down 16-0 in the first few minutes. A good 'ol mud bowl. We played what we were able to bring. Sounds like most got power back tonight, so hopefully we can get everyone back home and together next week. We're so glad we were just able to play. We'll get our 2 starting linemen back next week. Defense settled in and held 3 scoreless quarters after a rough start, a couple turnovers killed some good drives on O. No worries, we're gonna be ok.

16 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Yes sir, we had 1/2 of our stadium lights/poles come down in the storm...and as 2020 would have it, one crushed a school bus. The good news is...a lot of the 'Ville got power back today. Hopefully now, we can get all our team back and get a week in to prepare for Colmesnil on Friday.

Y’all been without power this long????

3 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Y’all been without power this long????

Yes sir, unfortunately.  The farther East you go, the worse it gets. Obviously, all our team wasn't able to make the game last night but I'm proud of what I saw and most importantly, the kids got to play. We'll be ok. (I'm not claiming a State Title) but we're gonna be ok.

6 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I'm impressed they got it back that quick honestly. 

Yes sir, they've done a lot...especially when you see just how bad everything was destroyed. And I wouldn't worry about your Rebs either NetCat. It's been rough on everyone and I know a lot of the Evadale kids were affected as well. From what I hear, Warren has a legit group. I'll probably catch some flak for that from that from all the big school folks on here but you know what I mean. 😊