Teenager 16 looses life to Corona virus

Law Man

This is the hidden content, please

Young man had no underline conditions.
How do we shelter (protect) our young ones who are passionate about sports. Are we as parents willing to allow them to take the risk. Here in South Carolina we are experiencing a upward spike. My son is a athlete and wrestled in high school. I have not allowed him to participate because I want to keep him safe, alive and well. I will protect him with my life. 

9 minutes ago, NetCat said:

It says in the article that he had type 1 diabetes. And some type of syndrome that hadn't been documented before. 

Sad story, I feel for the family

True, but not knowing until after the fact makes is painful to me as a parent. What are your thoughts about high school sports in today’s society? 

11 minutes ago, Law Man said:

True, but not knowing until after the fact makes is painful to me as a parent. What are your thoughts about high school sports in today’s society? 

President Trump’s  rally is the weekend. Do you think he is using his better judgment under the current circumstances? Disregard the sports question, wrong forum.

9 minutes ago, Law Man said:

President Trump’s  rally is the weekend. Do you think he is using his better judgment under the current circumstances? Disregard the sports question, wrong forum.

Honestly I think people need to be extremely careful when going out, but I think if it's OK to protest then it's OK to rally. 

And in general, I think most are smart enough to stay safe. 

I'm not going out to either though

27 minutes ago, Law Man said:

I think we try to go forward, because it's all you can do.

But if it starts to get bad we shut it down.

Just have to be vigilant.

4 hours ago, NetCat said:

Honestly I think people need to be extremely careful when going out, but I think if it's OK to protest then it's OK to rally. 

And in general, I think most are smart enough to stay safe. 

I'm not going out to either though

Does it bother you to see some people in the public who refuse to ware a mask? 
what are your thoughts on businesses requiring you to ware a mask before entering?

In parts of Columbia, it has come to that. Fights have broke out in stores because some people  refuse to wear a mask. 

51 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Does it bother you to see some people in the public who refuse to ware a mask? 
what are your thoughts on businesses requiring you to ware a mask before entering?

In parts of Columbia, it has come to that. Fights have broke out in stores because some people  refuse to wear a mask. 

I think if a private entity wants to require a mask before entry then that is their right. If a parent wants to hold back their young athlete from participating then again that’s their right. The converse is also true. I have chosen to let my son participate. I would not criticize anyone who chose not to though. 

6 hours ago, Law Man said:

This is the hidden content, please

Young man had no underline conditions.
How do we shelter (protect) our young ones who are passionate about sports. Are we as parents willing to allow them to take the risk. Here in South Carolina we are experiencing a upward spike. My son is a athlete and wrestled in high school. I have not allowed him to participate because I want to keep him safe, alive and well. I will protect him with my life. 

I thoroughly respect your decision with your child. You have that right. I have another perspective though. My son is 17. He is at a much lager risk of being harmed in an  auto accident than practicing sports. Yet, we still allow our Teens to drive. Do the best you can to protect your family the way you see fit and I think you have done your job. 

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I think if a private entity wants to require a mask before entry then that is their right. If a parent wants to hold back their young athlete from participating then again that’s their right. The converse is also true. I have chosen to let my son participate. I would not criticize anyone who chose not to though. 

Couldn't have said it better. 

Just now, DonTheCon2k20 said:

That’s fair, but keep in mind.. the biggest risk is the younger and healthier crowd have it, and don’t know it, and spread it to their parents or grandparents who probably aren’t as healthy. 

my colleague had two older family members get covid, both in the hospital for over a month. One of them passed away, the other survived but with potential long term lung damage. 

From exposure to a teen?

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I thoroughly respect your decision with your child. You have that right. I have another perspective though. My son is 17. He is at a much lager risk of being harmed in an  auto accident than practicing sports. Yet, we still allow our Teens to drive. Do the best you can to protect your family the way you see fit and I think you have done your job. 

At what point do you say it’s not safe. Yes, I understand what you are saying about teens driving. 
The possibility of the child bringing a virus home to anyone young or old in his/her  family is a strong possibility. I know a 28 yr. old Female Law Enforcement Officer from Atlanta who had no underlying conditions and died  from the virus. 
I would be more opened if their was a cure. No parent should loose a child.

I do respect your decision as it pertains to your kids.

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

At what point do you say it’s not safe. Yes, I understand what you are saying about teens driving. 
The possibility of the child bringing a virus home to anyone young or old in his/her  family is a strong possibility. I know a 28 yr. old Female Law Enforcement Officer from Atlanta who had no underlying conditions and died  from the virus. 
I would be more opened if their was a cure. No parent should loose a child.

I do respect your decision as it pertains to your kids.

Then are you saying that it is a personal decision rather than a governmental one?

12 hours ago, NetCat said:

I think we try to go forward, because it's all you can do.

But if it starts to get bad we shut it down.

Just have to be vigilant.

23 Clemson football players test positive for covid-19. I know that the coaches and staff were vigilant.