PN-G vs. Crosby Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Crosby play Atascosita and Crosby looked very good.  They are very balanced and have some very good skill players.  PNG better be able to put people in the passing zones that can get to the ball.  Crosby has a couple receivers that are 6'-0" plus and are very athletic.  The Crosby QB and running back did pretty good too.

Before you say "it was Atascosita"!  Atascosita looked pretty darn good and they had a very big O-Line.  Crosby dominated them.

I know it's at the T-Pee, but I have to go with Crosby by 7-10. 

PNG is over rated Crosby has a great o line that will protect their QB, a tailback that will out run everybody on the field and a defense that will hit you in the mouth and make you like it and you cant run or pass on them.    PNG 14 Crosby 28

Even a great Crosby team wouldn't beat an average PNG team.

Will be a close game, but I have seen great Crosby teams destroyed by Dayton.

PNG is over rated Crosby has a great o line that will protect their QB, a tailback that will out run everybody on the field and a defense that will hit you in the mouth and make you like it and you cant run or pass on them.    PNG 14 Crosby 28

we havent lost to Crosby in how long??  and this is the best team we have had in the last few years so we will see about what you put

OOOOOOK, who has rated us so great that you would consider us overrated? If PNG defense shows up like they did against LM, I don't see Crosby scoring alot of points. The offense will hopefully get going and put about four TD's on the scoreboard. Here's a secret, tell Crosby Defense that Hemmings loves contact, so I think he would welcome a smashmouth football game.

They should be good,I talked to a young coach from there and he said it was the best team they have had in while with most of the team back from last year. I Think they beat Texas City in a scrimmage also. Heres article about the last weeks game.

Crosby Cougars

By DOYLE BARLOW

CROSBY — About the only thing that could stop the Crosby offense in their season opener Friday night was the weather. And unfortunately for Atascocita, lightning didn’t strike twice.

The Crosby attack was in midseason form, as the Class 4A Cougars scored on their first five possessions in a 35-21 victory over the visiting Class 5A Eagles, in a contest which was delayed 1 1/2 hours by lightning.

Crosby (1-0) accumulated 332 yards of total offense, led by junior tailback Chance Casey and senior quarterback Duran Starks. Casey rushed for 148 yards — 117 of that in the first half — while also contributing an 11-yard TD run. Starks spearheaded an efficient passing attack, as he completed 6-of-8 passes for 77 yards and three scores, while also scrambling 12 yards to paydirt.

“I was a little surprised by how well we executed offensively for it being the first game,†Cougar head coach Kevin Flanigan said. “We were real consistent and I felt like since we were getting 5,6, or 7 yards a pop there wasn’t a whole lot of sense in changing the way we were attacking.

Besides, they (Atascocita) are so good offensively, by us being able to drive the ball we kept them off the field.â€

The Atascocita offense did have its moments, particularly senior quarterback Daniel Tatman. Tatman passed for 185 yards and two touchdowns, while rushing 14 times for 83 yards.

Crosby set the tone on its first drive. After forcing the Eagles (0-1) into a three-and-out on the first possession of the game, the Cougars promptly marched 44 yards in seven plays for a 7-0. Starks was 3-for-4 through the air on the march, which was capped when Chris Murphy outjumped an Eagle defender in the end zone for a 15-yar scoring strike.

Pedro Manriquez capped the drive with the first of his five PATs for the 7-0 advantage.

Atascocita attempted to answer, as the Eagles marched all the way to the Crosby 9. But on first-and-goal, Brandon Richardson fumbled at the 1, with the ball rolling through the end zone for a touchback.

But before the Coogs could run a play, lightning halted the game with 4:11 left in the first quarter.

But the lightning delay only delayed the inevitable.

After a 90-minute break which saw the stadium emptied, the Crosby offense came back and never missed a beat. Casey carried the ball eight straight times and gained 80 yards, capped by a 12-yard scamper up the gut for a 14-0 lead.

“I was worried about us losing our focus during the delay,†Flanigan said. “But our guys seem to never get too high or too low and they picked it right back up.â€

Atascocita answered Casey’s TD when Tatman hit Cameron Cox for a 27-yard score to make the margin 14-7. But again the Coogs answered, with Starks scrambling in from 12 yards out to cap a 7-play, 54-yard march for a 21-7 advantage. Crosby was set up in good field position on the drive by a 39-yard kick return by Toris Doze. Doze also added a 36-yard return and had 71 yards rushing on 11 carries, before leaving late in the game with apparent leg cramps.

The Eagles added a score with 6 seconds left in the first half to make the score 21-14 at intermission.

Atascocita rounded out the scoring in the fourth quarter when Tatman found Xavier Jackson for an 18-yard score.

The visitors’ final drive was snuffed when Kevin Humphrey made a one-handed interception of a Tatman pass.

Atascocita finished with 293 total yards and two turnovers, compared to none for the Coogs.

Crosby will return to action next week at Port Neches-Groves in a non-district game. Kick off is at 7

ya will guess what all yall png fans can say what yall want to say but

until friday night...we can play under yalls weak band and annoying song

that yall stole from florida state and tell those players they need to bring it

friday night...and quit saying that we have a weak ditrict

ya will guess what all yall png fans can say what yall want to say but

until friday night...we can play under yalls weak band and annoying song

that yall stole from florida state and tell those players they need to bring it

friday night...and quit saying that we have a weak ditrict

hey Crosby09  what player are you    whats you number so i know who to take out...

OOOOOOK, who has rated us so great that you would consider us overrated? If PNG defense shows up like they did against LM, I don't see Crosby scoring alot of points. The offense will hopefully get going and put about four TD's on the scoreboard. Here's a secret, tell Crosby Defense that Hemmings loves contact, so I think he would welcome a smashmouth football game.

you dont see crosby scoring alot of points? we put up 35 in three quarters

and didnt png get shut out? yeah thats right they put up a goose egg

CROSBY BY HOWEVER MANY IT TAKES!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder