10-4A-1 Who wins it.

Hagar

3 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

The whole split season start was stupid to begin with. If it's bad enough for the big schools to be delayed, it bad enough for everyone.

I hope the UIL revises this decision and pushes everyone back.

Don't say that

36 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

The whole split season start was stupid to begin with. If it's bad enough for the big schools to be delayed, it bad enough for everyone.

I hope the UIL revises this decision and pushes everyone back.

They did it like that because of 2 major county shutdowns. They got it right. Unfortunately there are a few schools who got messed over but it's not a great majority. 

On 7/22/2020 at 6:39 PM, Walk-off said:

Vidor

Huffman

LCM

Lumberton

I’m with you.  LCM is home against Ltown, so advantage for 3rd goes to the Bears.   HH lost a lot of players, so by the time District starts, we’ll reconsider.  😄

22 hours ago, NetCat said:

Don't say that

Why not? We still don't have COVID under control. At this point, I don't think we're going to get to district games.

I hope everyone is doing their part and wearing masks and social distancing. we have labor day coming up and if we slack up, were going to have a boom of cases.

39 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Why not? We still don't have COVID under control. At this point, I don't think we're going to get to district games.

I hope everyone is doing their part and wearing masks and social distancing. we have labor day coming up and if we slack up, were going to have a boom of cases.

You want the season to be canceled, I don't. 

I guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy? 

I agree, we do not have it under control, but honestly I don't know if we ever will. 

I think playing and watching football is safer than the kids sitting in school all day. 

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

You want the season to be canceled, I don't. 

I guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy? 

I agree, we do not have it under control, but honestly I don't know if we ever will. 

I think playing and watching football is safer than the kids sitting in school all day. 

I'd like them to play. I would rather it be in the spring, which is what JUCO and some FCS conferences are doing. 

They say there will be a vaccine by then. I just don't want the kids to risk their health over a game. We are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. there's no way to do that in football, where there is contact on every play.

it would have been better to let baseball, softball, track and even soccer go first as there's very little contact and plenty of spacing, and let football and basketball go in the spring.

and if we're insisting on doing football now, it would have been better to skip the non district games and focus on the the ones that count. the big districts could be put in Zones so by the time October rolls around, may be the virus has slowed down and just maybe we can have playoffs.

By playing non district, we're risking not only health but also having a chance to have a meaningful conclusion to the season. If it has to be suspended, I doubt they will restart it.

7 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I'd like them to play. I would rather it be in the spring, which is what JUCO and some FCS conferences are doing. 

They say there will be a vaccine by then. I just don't want the kids to risk their health over a game. We are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. there's no way to do that in football, where there is contact on every play.

it would have been better to let baseball, softball, track and even soccer go first as there's very little contact and plenty of spacing, and let football and basketball go in the spring.

and if we're insisting on doing football now, it would have been better to skip the non district games and focus on the the ones that count. the big districts could be put in Zones so by the time October rolls around, may be the virus has slowed down and just maybe we can have playoffs.

By playing non district, we're risking not only health but also having a chance to have a meaningful conclusion to the season. If it has to be suspended, I doubt they will restart it.

I agree with that but it makes too much sense. They won't do it. 

8 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I've heard from a couple of sources at a couple of districts that none of that is going to be followed. Kids are going to be in normal classes. Which ticks me off to no degree...

12 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I've heard from a couple of sources at a couple of districts that none of that is going to be followed. Kids are going to be in normal classes. Which ticks me off to no degree...

Maybe if enough kids choose at home instruction, the kids physically at school will have more spacing. 

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

And I can't say who or where. The teachers I talked to were scared they would get fired if anyone found out. But 2 different schools. Who knows about the rest, but I hope some of them are better than the 2 I know about. Dangerous as 💩

10 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Maybe if enough kids choose at home instruction, the kids physically at school will have more spacing. 

I fairly certain that’s what they are anticipating.   Enough “stay at homes” to allow some separation.   Big question is, will it work out like that.    Still no deaths in Texas for ages 19 and below.  Just pray that parents with kids who have underlying conditions, such as diabetes, will keep them home.  Should be a nobrainer, unless the parents have no brain.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Just pray that parents with kids who have underlying conditions, such as diabetes, will keep them home.  Should be a nobrainer, unless the parents have no brain.

Unless the school district is brainless, and doesn't offer at home education to those students. Now what kind of school would do that?

I said it on another thread, but they keep extending the deadline for parents to opt into stay at home learning in hopes they get enough kids to make social distance possible. distance learning is a sorry substitute for in person.

I would have hoped by now that TEA would have said split up the classes so everyone has two days in school and 3 online would be the way to go so we can social distance and everyone gets to see their teach twice a week.

If MLB is having a hard time keeping people from getting infected, ( hopefully it's confined to the Marlins) it's going to be a hard ask to keep the season going with 1200+ teams across the state.

If they don't push 4A back, it's gonna hurt Huffman Hargrave. They're going to go from having a good chance of defending their title to possibly fighting for the final playoff spot.

And what HISD decides to do is another thing. what if they decide football isn't worth it (a totally defensible argument)? Will it's Cross district get a bye into area? there are a lot of moving parts and very little guidance from our leaders.

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I said it on another thread, but they keep extending the deadline for parents to opt into stay at home learning in hopes they get enough kids to make social distance possible. distance learning is a sorry substitute for in person.

I would have hoped by now that TEA would have said split up the classes so everyone has two days in school and 3 online would be the way to go so we can social distance and everyone gets to see their teach twice a week.

If MLB is having a hard time keeping people from getting infected, ( hopefully it's confined to the Marlins) it's going to be a hard ask to keep the season going with 1200+ teams across the state.

If they don't push 4A back, it's gonna hurt Huffman Hargrave. They're going to go from having a good chance of defending their title to possibly fighting for the final playoff spot.

And what HISD decides to do is another thing. what if they decide football isn't worth it (a totally defensible argument)? Will it's Cross district get a bye into area? there are a lot of moving parts and very little guidance from our leaders.

What ever will we do? Luckily the vast majority of healthy kids aren’t adversely affected. 

Evidently there’s been an oops in data collection.   New updated numbers do show 9 school age deaths.   Based on the reported deaths in our area, it’s quite possible all 9 had underlying conditions, but that’s just a guess.   

Not good news, but with this virus, good news is rare.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

What ever will we do? Luckily the vast majority of healthy kids aren’t adversely affected. 

We're not seeing eye to eye on this. So why you bugging?

I would very much like for everything to go smoothly. The evidence is saying it probably ain't.

MLB, which has way more resources than any high school, can't get through their first weekend without a team coming down with COVID. Hopefully, it's confined to one team and not two.

Asking teenagers to properly social distance is akin to herding cats. We're going to have a hard time keeping school open, let alone play games.

in light of the Harris County order, I'm going with LCM as district champs.