mart panthers 07

j dog

Guest ECBucFan

I had mention in an earlier thread I visited the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco a few weeks ago. From Waco we traveled east to get back to I-45, and happened to go through Mart. Mart has knocked EC out of the playoffs for years, now. We EC fans have wondered for years how in the world a tiny school is so loaded with incredible athletes, year in and year out. They NEVER have a down year, ranked #1 seemingly forever... 

Well, passing through town, just a block south of the highway, we see the stadium...surrounded by public housing in every direction. A steady stream of talent will always be moving into Mart.

mart's talent is homegrown. we had our first transfer from another town and now the ec fans want to say were a bedroom community for waco, thats not true, but yall dont want to face mart again in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mart's talent is homegrown. we had our first transfer from another town and now the ec fans want to say were a bedroom community for waco, thats not true, but yall dont want to face mart again in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting good players from Waco isn't anything to be ashamed about.

Mart has lots of atheletes that go on to play at the college level,playing at the Waco schools wouldn't be a problem.I think EC and Mart will be a heck of a game this year and we'll probably get to see it about 3 weeks deep into the playoffs.Both are very well respected programs , good luck to both.

Guest ECBucFan

Only one person so far has said "bedroom for Waco", so please don't say "EC fans".

(don't know why that matters anyway....?) I, however, on the other hand would call Mart a predominatly Public Housing community, just by taking a quick glance around. That will bring athletes to Mart from all over, like it or not. As far as EC playing Mart, well, whatever. EC will play whoever they get, and give em' their all. Thats just how it works. EC might get beat, but CLEARLY has given Mart some of their stiffest playoff challenges, compared to other opponents. EC steps off the field vs. Mart with heads held high. Thats a fact.  ;)   

Ask me if I give a  rip about Murt?.............Was hoping that EC would put you out of your misery but them players form out of town show up just in time.  ???

talking down on mart; come on. with 4 state titles in football. mart vs. ec has been some on the biggest blowouts in our playoff history. by the way, mart is not a public housing community, my home is brick.  but if you must, come to centex football.com and click on 2a/3a forum and get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ECBucFan

. mart vs. ec has been some on the biggest blowouts in our playoff history

I looked at Mart results through the years, as the game with EC would come up. For example, I saw Mart go through the year with scores averaging something like 56-3. The 3 came from your opponents scoring either 0, 6, or 7 points. Most anyone scored on Mart was 7 one year. EC scored 21 (as they tend to do most every year vs. Mart). And the game was competitive til near the end. Remember, too, Mart is no Celina!

Live in a brick house? Cool. (So do I). Changes absoultly nothing about the composition of your town, though.

Now, I really have nothing else to say about Mart. I have no interest in Centex forums. I don't go around looking for an argument, (like some do) so, there is no need to "get ready" as you say. Scrimmages haven't evern been played yet. Playoffs are a looooong way away.  8)

There aren't many schools out there like Celina....I can only think of a few.  Mart will be loaded again and will make another run at the state title.  I hope that Mart and EC meet this year because I believe it will be one heck of a game. 

I agree. Mart has a great program regardless of whether the talent is home grown or they benefit from being near a major metropolitan area. It's not uncommon for parents to work in the city but prefer their kids go to school in a smaller community.

First and foremost, the stadium is NOT surrounded by public housing. The block behind the vistors is public housing and two other sides of the field are flanked with parking lots. Yes that part of town is older. When that stadium was built is was back when the town was still segregated but gives no reason to put down people's lifestyles or homes. Muchless to apply that to the entire town. That stadium represents the backbone of Mart which is Tradition. Anyone with a knowledge and respect of high school football would understand that. To insinuate that Mart will always have good athletes because of the public housing is hilarious and shows the level of intelligence to string together that kind of thought process.

To make a false statement on a public forum about a town that you know nothing about other than your team has not been able to beat them in the playoffs in the last 10 yrs is well...ridiculous.

Mart has had some great players in the past(Quan and Quincy Crosby, John Garret) etc.  

Whether or not they are home grown, I have no idea.  

But if EC and Mart do meet up, i think EC would have their best chance to date to pull out a win.

Bro that is fine that you are proud of your team but don't come to this site and rag on East Chambers. You beat them last year have your ring now head out rather than coming on bragging. What do you want a key to the city? I do not care about Tommy Joe and Billy Clyde from your town. Now head back to the Centex and let well enough alone. Now get back to your pool game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder