• Hardin Jefferson sweeps
    • Hardin Jefferson in 2 (Bye District)
    • Silsbee sweeps
    • Silsbee in 2 ( Bye District )

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell ya'll this, both teams are going to be good. Now, how you like that? Sure both teams lost key players last year, this year we have some move-ins, move-ups, and re-admits. So until I see them play on a High School court, I'll say both teams are going to need to work there butts off to make it. Within 40-50 miles you have two of some of the best traditional basketball schools in Texas. Now, I did not say the best. In games these two just make each other better. I like this rivalry. You can't make a mistake you can't take a couple of seconds off on a play, if you do it's over. Last year after H-J won state some of there fans came on here and said how the real state championship game was the regional finals. How both teams could have won state. To me, thats character. Now you got some from BOTH sides say we gonna win this or that over you. Hog wash. It's good to cheer for your team, but come on think before you say stuff. Now me, I'm cheer for Silsbee. I just hope after all of this we can still play three great games like last year. Just hope Silsbee hits that last shot to win it this year. ;)

40-50 miles apart???????  how do you go from Silsbee to get to Sour Lake????

What, you don't like that? Guess not. Guess there was nothing in the post you could wine and gripe about so you picked on a what, a mileage thing. Heck I don't go to Sour Lake, I know where it is, it's over there on 105 somewhere, It's just not a place I go to. So what! I guess you and your buddy like trouble so ya'll pick a what, a mileage thing. So dumb. I know people from Sour Lake and ya'll must be the DA's of the town. Picking on a mileage thing, so stupid. Grow up. 

Guest ST4life

What, you don't like that? Guess not. Guess there was nothing in the post you could wine and gripe about so you picked on a what, a mileage thing. Heck I don't go to Sour Lake, I know where it is, it's over there on 105 somewhere, It's just not a place I go to. So what! I guess you and your buddy like trouble so ya'll pick a what, a mileage thing. So dumb. I know people from Sour Lake and ya'll must be the DA's of the town. Picking on a mileage thing, so stupid. Grow up. 

HA HA that is funny  :D

NO, that was the only thing that I chose to bring up.  What has Silsbee won to deem themselves a Basketball Tradition school?  What makes you think that Silsbee is a rivalry to HJ???  Last year was the 1st year that Silsbee even played HJ close.  There are only a few basketball rich schools in SE Texas....and Silsbee is not one of them!!!!  How does it make Silsbee feel that they are not the best team in the county...not even the 2nd best team!!!!  There are several schools in Hardin county that have more basketball tradition than Silsbee!!!  Kountze, HJ, Buna just to name a few.  I would even put Evadale ahead of Silsbee as far as tradition goes!!!  So go back to class and quit talking about the matchup that is still several months away.  I know that you have been waiting since that dreadful day back in March to start talking about this season.  HJ has some things to do before that game even comes around.......which includes hanging another State Championship banner in the gym.  By the way....when was Silsbee's last State Championship in basketball?  HJ's was about 5 months ago!!  That is one more than Silsbee has....but wait HJ has 3!!

NO, that was the only thing that I chose to bring up.  What has Silsbee won to deem themselves a Basketball Tradition school?  What makes you think that Silsbee is a rivalry to HJ???  Last year was the 1st year that Silsbee even played HJ close.  There are only a few basketball rich schools in SE Texas....and Silsbee is not one of them!!!!  How does it make Silsbee feel that they are not the best team in the county...not even the 2nd best team!!!!  There are several schools in Hardin county that have more basketball tradition than Silsbee!!!  Kountze, HJ, Buna just to name a few.  I would even put Evadale ahead of Silsbee as far as tradition goes!!!  So go back to class and quit talking about the matchup that is still several months away.  I know that you have been waiting since that dreadful day back in March to start talking about this season.  HJ has some things to do before that game even comes around.......which includes hanging another State Championship banner in the gym.  By the way....when was Silsbee's last State Championship in basketball?  HJ's was about 5 months ago!!  That is one more than Silsbee has....but wait HJ has 3!!

Whoa there Lazeek

You must be young because Silsbee has a very rich tradition in Basketball.

Silsbee does not have the state titles that HJ has, at one time Silsbee was one of the most feared teams in SE Texas.

The great coaches that the Tigers have had from Dan Mongomery, Fred Williams, and Terry Culley have all guided the Tigers to the final 4. HJ has traditions and great fan support along with quality coaches.

I am not trying to get into a war of words with you, I am just stating facts.

If this were a battle of wits you would be unarmed.

Hold on there guys, maybe this Lazeek person is just young, and he don't know no better. But like I stated earlier, he could not find any thing in my other post to wine about so he pick a what, a mileage thing. And then he goes off and shows his ignorance. Man just quit, you aint even ahead. No, Silsbee does not have a State Championship, which would be real nice. Never said anything against H-J or Kountze for that matter. Man what a butt, guess he was not man enough so he was hoping to get Kountze in this. It just goes to show you that no matter what you wright some one is going to wine and cry about it, and boy did this Lazeek tear up and cry a stream. You wrote "There are several schools in Hardin county that have more basketball tradition than Silsbee!!!  Kountze, HJ, Buna just to name a few." You are the one that needs to go to class because one of those teams is not in Hardin county. You figure it out, we may be here a while. By the way look at my post, show me where I attacked H-J to warrant this from you. You can't. So Stupid.       

Well what can you say for someone who doesn't remember the history between Lincoln and Silsbee.  I remember the packed gyms for district championships, the perennial state rankings,an unheard of undefeated regular season, numerous playoff and state tourney trip, and legendary coaches.  I guess since Silsbee doesn't have a so-called basketball tradition those never happened.  It is sad to see some of this nonsense about HJ.  They have obviously been successful and Todd is a good coach  and has earned everything he has gotten, but contrary to the '91 HJ basketball clique there is more to this area than just HJ.

being athletic helps with this style of play... but it is not essential.

Neil Laminack (who played at HJ in the early 90's) coaches a team in Houston (St. Thomas)  They play in a similar manner, and as a team are pretty slow.  They have a decent big man and can shoot.  What they lack in athleticism, they make up for in hustle and "knowing the game" and playing well together.

If every one knows their role and the team performs their roles together, it doesn't matter what "system" you are running.

That brings me to coaching....  Being a good coach is not about having a good system.  A good coach gets his kids to buy into the system and gets the most out of his players in their particular roles.....

Guest ST4life

man you are crazy HJ could not even hang with the teams that Silsbee was playing before they moved down to 3a think before you talk listen to yourself BUNA and EVADALE better than SILSBEE man you are in for a rude awakining if you think Silsbee cant hang with HJ because we will win and we do have tradition it is just on a higher level that was harder to achieve upon in the past but we are reloding and HJ will not always be on top i dont think that HJ would be state champs on the 4a level so keep talkin you cant even say anything until you play harder teams like Silsbee did in the past

Yes, I screwed up on the Buna team being from Hardin County, they are from Jasper County. 

Who cares about the games between SIlsbee and Lincoln.....this is now and with all of the so called tough teams that Silsbee has played being in 4A...how has that helped them now.....shouldn't Silsbee be destroying all competition on the 3A level.

I have said it once and will continue to say it.  Silsbee has better athletes and that is it compared to HJ.  HJ has better basketball players, HJ players are smarter on the floor, HJ has more heart, HJ plays better as a team and most importantly HJ has a better coaching staff.  Silsbee would have won state last year had they had the coaching staff that HJ has.

You can say what you want about tradition.....Tradition is teams that ultimately win the gold!!!!  How can they have tradition if they have not won it all.

Also I never said that Buna or Evadale were better than Silsbee.....I said that they have more tradition!!!!!

Take a statewide poll of the top 5-6 basketball rich tradition schools in SE Texas (Region 3) and Silsbee would not be in the poll.

Lincoln

Buna

Kountze

Ozen

HJ

Goodrich

Can you say that Silsbee is ahead of any of these teams......NO WAY!!!!!!

Silsbee may have had some good teams back when Arline and Holden played, but didn't they go undefeated one year and lose in the first round of the playoffs to Whitehouse or someone like that?  Great tradition!!!!

Maybe I have gotten off beat and frustrated with some of the people from Silsbee running there mouths about HJ and how they were better than HJ last year.  If I upset anyone then I am sorry.  There are several people on both sides that need to shut up, maybe I am one of them.  FYI....I am 34 and not a student!!!  I hide nothing....just click on my name to see my identity!!!!  I hide nothing.

Rob

man you are crazy HJ could not even hang with the teams that Silsbee was playing before they moved down to 3a think before you talk listen to yourself BUNA and EVADALE better than SILSBEE man you are in for a rude awakining if you think Silsbee cant hang with HJ because we will win and we do have tradition it is just on a higher level that was harder to achieve upon in the past but we are reloding and HJ will not always be on top i dont think that HJ would be state champs on the 4a level so keep talkin you cant even say anything until you play harder teams like Silsbee did in the past

so what is it will you beat HJ or are you reloading?

p.s. you didn't spell reloading right.

Your apology has been received. YOU must be the only one that thinks Silsbee is not a basketball traditional school. No one has gotten on here to back you up. Feeling kinda stupid about that remark. Man, I have never said anything negative about H-J, but you have nothing but negative remarks about Silsbee. So maybe you should take you own advice and shut up. YOU wrote " Who cares about the games between SIlsbee and Lincoln.....this is now..." So, this is now, I guess you don't care about the state championship H-J won five months ago that is in the past. I bet you do care. I do. If you have tradition you have to have a past. I mean Hebert, Lincoln, and Ozen will tell you Silsbee has basketball tradition. I'll bet 99% of the people on here will tell you Silsbee is a basketball traditional school. Some already have. Thought you would act cute and all and make a smart remark and a what, a mileage thing. You have bit off more than you can chew. I still want to know what I said negative about H-J, SHOW ME! You can't can you? Act like your 34 then and not a student.

Look, you guys need to get off Lazeek's back. I know him personaly, he's a good guy. He loves his Hawks and will defend them to the bitter end, wouldn't expect anything less of him.

I believe you guys are just mixing words. Lazeek is right when stating that teams with state titles, particularly multiple titles, have greater tradition, the hardware is the proof. But nobody can argue that Silsbee is not a basketball tradition rich school. The Tigers have won too many district titles and too many playoff apperances to not garner that. What I believe upsets Lazeek and other HJ fans, is some fans want to somewhat diminish what the Hawks have done over the years, particularly recent years. I agree with Lazeek in the fact that Silsbee, year in and year out is going to have better athletes than HJ, but that doesn't make them a better basketball team. Coaching is a big part of it, and Sutherland is top notch. Travis is a good coach, don't get me wrong, but IMO, he's not to Todd's level, YET. I also agree that HJ's players play the game a little smarter than Silsbee. They have to be, to make up for the lesser talent they have. IMO, if Silsbee and HJ were to have played 10 games against each other last year, HJ would win 6, Tigers win 4. Having a player like Donahoe gives you a great edge, nothing like having that go-to-player when you need him. Silsbee didn't have that.

I will say this, back in my day, we owned HJ. Of course we were 4A and they were 3A, but, in the late 70's to late 80's, I don't recall ever losing to the Hawks. I remember Silsbee playing in the Hawks tournaments back then, winning several of those championships.

I'll close by saying this, until Silsbee wins a state championship, the Hawks have the bragging rights.

Thanks for supporting my statements a little.  I have often said that Silsbee is a more athletic team than HJ is.  They are one of the most athletic teams that I ahve ever laid eyes on on any level.  It is just frustrating that a SMALL portion of the Silsbee faithful continue to not give credit where credit is due!!!!!  HJ has the bragging rights right now and hopefully they will continue to have them.  Donahoe was a man on the court and will be hard to replace but with the coaching staff that HJ ahs they will all pitch in and fill the void.  Hopefully HJ and Silsbee will have the battles this year that they ahd last year with one of them going on the win the gold!!!!!!  I just hope that it is HJ again!!!!!

Guest ST4life

Yes, I screwed up on the Buna team being from Hardin County, they are from Jasper County. 

Who cares about the games between SIlsbee and Lincoln.....this is now and with all of the so called tough teams that Silsbee has played being in 4A...how has that helped them now.....shouldn't Silsbee be destroying all competition on the 3A level.

I have said it once and will continue to say it.  Silsbee has better athletes and that is it compared to HJ.  HJ has better basketball players, HJ players are smarter on the floor, HJ has more heart, HJ plays better as a team and most importantly HJ has a better coaching staff.  Silsbee would have won state last year had they had the coaching staff that HJ has.

You can say what you want about tradition.....Tradition is teams that ultimately win the gold!!!!  How can they have tradition if they have not won it all.

Also I never said that Buna or Evadale were better than Silsbee.....I said that they have more tradition!!!!!

Take a statewide poll of the top 5-6 basketball rich tradition schools in SE Texas (Region 3) and Silsbee would not be in the poll.

Lincoln

Buna

Kountze

Ozen

HJ

Goodrich

Can you say that Silsbee is ahead of any of these teams......NO WAY!!!!!!

Silsbee may have had some good teams back when Arline and Holden played, but didn't they go undefeated one year and lose in the first round of the playoffs to Whitehouse or someone like that?  Great tradition!!!!

Maybe I have gotten off beat and frustrated with some of the people from Silsbee running there mouths about HJ and how they were better than HJ last year.  If I upset anyone then I am sorry.  There are several people on both sides that need to shut up, maybe I am one of them.  FYI....I am 34 and not a student!!!  I hide nothing....just click on my name to see my identity!!!!  I hide nothing.

Rob

well with all that said i am going to hate watching HJ getting beat against a team that dont even have tradition like Silsbee which is crap I am going to laugh when Silsbee wins on the 3a level and shows all of you HJ guys that yall could not hang in 4a shoot yall would not even make it to the final four like Silsbee did just cause you beat Silsbee this year means nothing The team is going to get better

Guest ST4life

so what is it will you beat HJ or are you reloading?

p.s. you didn't spell reloading right.

i did not know this was a spelling bee i thought i got my point across

well with all that said i am going to hate watching HJ getting beat against a team that dont even have tradition like Silsbee which is crap I am going to laugh when Silsbee wins on the 3a level and shows all of you HJ guys that yall could not hang in 4a shoot yall would not even make it to the final four like Silsbee did just cause you beat Silsbee this year means nothing The team is going to get better

I still dont see how Silsbee will be better than last year did they not lose all there big guys that played? didnt they also lose their guy that was all region tournament?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine