LC-M vs WO-S

Guest wos country

I hope not but we could easily go 0-3 in Non District. We play all 4A schools. We young this year and you all have heard my complaints about the playcalling. LCM has alot back with a good coach and Dayton is loaded again and Bay City is Bay City.

Did LCM all of a sudden get really good and only a select few know about it?? How would it not be considered an upset if the improbable did happen?

Also.....

It amazes me that a few on here has targeted the OC for his playcalling,yet I guess the realization hasnt hit that hes been around for a while. True, sometimes the playing calling leaves alot to be desired, but the seasons weve managed to put together with this playcalling some programs would consider huge accomplishments. But see, WOS football is held in such high regards throughout the state that if we finish the season with anything less than a state championship then somehow weve failed, and to be held in those regards says alot about the program,its coaches,and players.

It's more likely this year than in the last five, but still probably not. Their last win was in 94, and the one before that (playing pretty much every year) was 82. So every 12 years. I guess they're due. Then they can shed those "The Hit List" tattered shirts that they still wear around town. ;)

What's our record against them now? I'm guessing it's 21-2, but I could be off on our win total.

The sad thing for LC-M, as I've been told by a few Beaumont coaches who live in and send their kids to LCMISD, is that Moody will likely be on his way out in about two years due to parental pressure.

"Why isn't Tommy playing?" "Tommy should be on the field."

Look, Tommy f*(#&ing sucks. You're never going to beat a - sorry for my homerism - great team like WO-S if you're making sure the councilman's son gets his time in on offense.

The politics in that district will chase him off within three years, and it'll be back to the Bumbling Bears (which they still haven't quite overcome).

wos hands down.  i have sat on the side lines of both teams for years.  the young wos team will have to work for the win unlike in some years from the past, but they will come out on top.  and as far as moody goes, he created his own problems at lcm...if you think he is such a nice guy why does his coaching staff have an above average turn over rate every year?  those exiting say he is a little on the paranoid side.... :o 

west orange should win easily but coach moody is the real deal and if anyone can lead lcm to a win he can. still wos is such a well oiled machine that i just dont see lcm making it a contest. wos by at least 21 points.

at least 21 at the half imo..

wos always seems to slow down 2nd half to prevent running up the score

i say wos by 14

west orange should win easily but coach moody is the real deal and if anyone can lead lcm to a win he can. still wos is such a well oiled machine that i just dont see lcm making it a contest. wos by at least 21 points.

i guess i just have not seen anything overly impressive to warrant all of this "moody mania"  what makes you say he is the "real deal"?

He's not able to use his talents fully in his current place of employment, IMO. I think Moody is doing a good job at LC-M. I think he'll end up being a great coach somewhere - but not there. The politics will drive him out. When he finds somewhere that will support him and his decisions - and where the parents and administration understand what it takes to have a winning program - he'll shine.

Guest LCM Volleyball

i guess i just have not seen anything overly impressive to warrant all of this "moody mania"  what makes you say he is the "real deal"?

He's a very good coach. LCM needed a change and fresh start to turn things around.

I have read these posts and just been observing over the past year.  I do not understand the negatives on Coach Moody.  He is turning around a program that was in turmoil.  The "Good Ol' Buddy" network is gone.  Coaches actually have to work now.  Coach Moody is great with the kids, teachers, and administration.  He is constantly preaching a team concept.  Coach Moody wants things the way he wants them, not how they were done in the past.  Many times people do not like change.  Many times people do not have the work ethic that is expected when someone new comes in and is trying to make a program better than it was before.  The coaches that left, most were good people, but some of them needed to go.  Some were not "kid focused."  Coach Moody will be around for a few more years.  He has already made great strides in the program and it will only improve.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami