SETXsports.com HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS - WEEK 2

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Not being alpha at all....just stating that facts. If you want to voice your opinion about the rankings and the school you support's position, inclusion or lack thereof in the rankings, you or anyone who posts here is certainly free to do so. I post my own rankings for scrutiny and/or comment by you or anyone else.  But as you are allowed the freedom to comment on the rankings, I, or anyone else, likewise has the freedom to comment.

As to me personally, I don't know if a Bobcat victory over West Hardin will alone budge my needle because as you can see, I was not one of those who had West Hardin in my top 10 and I am not inclined to replace a team I have in my Top 10 unless one of those teams also falls.  I won't say that I have never done it, but I can say that is not my inclination.  But if it happens, Hull-Daisetta, unless they are having a disastrous season, always warrants my attention.....just not as much as you think they should.

Fair enough, and for the record, I don't think they should right now... 

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Not being alpha at all....just stating that facts. If you want to voice your opinion about the rankings and the school you support's position, inclusion or lack thereof in the rankings, you or anyone who posts here is certainly free to do so. I post my own rankings for scrutiny and/or comment by you or anyone else.  But as you are allowed the freedom to comment on the rankings, I, or anyone else, likewise has the freedom to comment.

As to me personally, I don't know if a Bobcat victory over West Hardin will alone budge my needle because as you can see, I was not one of those who had West Hardin in my top 10 and I am not inclined to replace a team I have in my Top 10 unless one of those teams also falls.  I won't say that I have never done it, but I can say that is not my inclination.  But if it happens, Hull-Daisetta, unless they are having a disastrous season, always warrants my attention.....just not as much as you think they should.

My only point was, HD is not shooting for earning a vote, but rather earning a spot on yall's top 10. Some schools may be satisfied with just earning a vote...

1 minute ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

My only point was, HD is not shooting for earning a vote, but rather earning a spot on yall's top 10. Some schools may be satisfied with just earning a vote...

I would hope that any fan of a school here would share the enthusiasm that you do for the Bobcats and at least desire the level that you do.

1 hour ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I have yet to see a ranking win a ball game, rank us where you will. I’ll take the trophy.

I completely agree with this statement. A position or mention in this or any other poll won't mean squat the weekend before Christmas. 

Yet, I also recall that a couple of years ago some Newton faithful that weren't happy with the SETXsports poll as well as the Enterprise poll when we had a defending state champion West Orange-Stark ranked ahead of eventual state champ Newton in our 4A/3A poll and the Enterprise did the same in their poll.

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I completely agree with this statement. A position or mention in this or any other poll won't mean squat the weekend before Christmas. 

Yet, I also recall that a couple of years ago some Newton faithful that weren't happy with the SETXsports poll as well as the Enterprise poll when we had a defending state champion West Orange-Stark ranked ahead of eventual state champ Newton in our 4A/3A poll and the Enterprise did the same in their poll.

That wasn’t me, everybody has their zealots.