BIG SANDY SUMMER BASKETBALL

Guest DickVitale

Have they been to state in the last......say.....40 YEARS?? How about their last regional appearance at least?? EXACTLY....Not a powerhouse..... ;)...Maybe I AM big school biased, but facts are facts...Morton, Snook, Naz.....Small school powers...Big Sandy....I don't think so. ::)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree, because I just don't see Big Sandy as a basketball power.   

Sounds fair.  Are they a state championship caliber powerhouse right now?  No.  But they have tradition and they have a good program right now year in and year out.  Last years team was very good, and the 03 team was probably even better.  Go watch them sometime Dicky.  They are very fundamentally sound, run great sets and play very well together.  You would enjoy it.  No its not 4 or 5A athleticism, but its good ball.

BTW Dicky, tell me a little about Madison.  I know of them, but not too familiar.  They always been 4a?  Who is in their district?  What part of Houston? Etc.

Morton?  Dicky, I would list others schools above Morton.  They won state for two reasons, Johnson and Johnson.  They werent winning state before that and probably wont any time soon.

I would put Lipan, Moultan, Laneville, Naz, Brookeland, Goodrich above them.

Guest DickVitale

I just might do that...Just for the education! ;)...Madison is located near Missouri City, about 1/2 mile from Willowridge.  They are 5A and have always been 5A. They are in the same district with Bellaire, Milby, Westside, Lamar, Chavez, Westbury, and Lee.  They have a star player who is a Jr. (Tommy Mason-Griffin),  and has commited to LSU,but they are loaded with talent year in and year out.  My dad was the head coach there until 95, when he went to Kashmere, where he retired from this past spring.  We had some great teams there before, and during my era, but soon after that Willowridge and other surrounding schools started draining Madison dry!! For example, Daniel Gibson was SUPPOSED to attend Madison, but his dad's relationship with the Jones HS coach stopped that from happening.

Guest tigersvoice

This will be my one and only post regarding this topic. As a coach, I know better than to even get involved in this. However, my respect for Coach Foster and the Big Sandy basketball program has gotten the better of me. I'm not saying that Big Sandy's tradition of basketball excellence is superior to Madison's or anyone else; however, if Big Sandy doesn't have a strong basketball tradition, then I don't know anyone who does. Much respect to Coach Foster, his staff, and the entire Big Sandy basketball program. There are hundreds of schools, big and small, who would like to have the continued success that you have.

Very well expressed orangeman.  Vitale isn't old enough to remember Big Sandy in the 50's and 60's.  Too far back you say, Dickie?  Well what is tradition if it's not old?

Guest DickVitale

OK, whatever....If I play Big Sandy next season I GUARANTEE that we would beat them like a tied up goat......GUARANTEED....How about that? ;).....2007..Tradition....HA !! :D

Guest DickVitale

Called me out? Are you kidding me? ???...I will tell the world where I am headed NEXT WEEK...Don't want to spill the beans just now....RESPECT THAT PLEASE..

Guest DickVitale

You know what's ironic about that?  Both of those places were not burned bridges for me. They were both odd situations that could not be helped...As a matter of fact, where I possibly could end up would surprise a lot of people.  Life happens and as you get older you understand that everyone is NOT in your corner.  I had to learn that the hard way, but like I said...Just wait and see!! Dickie V will surface on a sideline near you!! ;D Thanks for the well wishes! ;)

Guest DickVitale

Wow....11 times to state in 377 years existence? Not half bad... ::)...And hey... Coach Vitale or Dickie V is OK...This Mr. Dick stuff sounds like you are being vulgar...Sensor this guy, Coop! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder