Meeks wants a scholarship!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy works hard and gets OUTS which a lot of people over look...he doesnt have the big 15k games anymore but he knows how to pitch which will be to his advantage in college

hes got a decent fastball...filthy change up and a pretty good curve...when he hits his spots hes one of the best

Phillip, tell your Dad a OLD teammate said hi!

Go to this website H5AB.com, they have all of the local tryouts for every school and scout you can imagine. They should be in need more this year than in years past due to the Houston Heat tourney being cancelled last week.

Good luck to you and if I hear anything else I will be sure to email you.

We had a kid like that from Huffman about ten years ago. He was our QB and was dead set on pitching and no one was interested.  He went to Galveston from there onto Kansas and into the pros. He just retired after pocketing over thirty million and his name is Keith Foulk. Pitched the last out for the Red Sox when they won the World Series and the rest is history.  If you have a dream gotta keep chasing it. Good luck and hope you the best of luck.

Phillip, I think everyone will try to help you get recognized.

K's are not as important as your unique ability to not give up the long balls.

To keep excellent batters off balance like you did against Jasper in the playoff game was good.  Your off-beat pitching should get someone to seriously look at you.

Get on the internet and ask to send a video of your last game against Jasper, the State Champion.

Get the e-mail addresses for EVERY college you can find--send your stats and the offer to send your video--good luck!  Try to get a letter from one of your HS Coaches to attach also.

IF YOU GET ANY BITES ASK FOR A TRYOUT OPPORTUNITY...Sent a personal handwritten letter of "thanks" to anyone who shows an interest, even colleges that are not having good records.

;D  There is an old saying by Spinoza that goes,  "None are more taken in by flattery than the proud who wish to be first and are not."

I hope you get this in time.  Tonight June 22 at LCM 5:00pm.  McNeese's AD and coaching staffs will be having a meet and greet.  You may want to attend and talk to them.  If you go to McNeese.edu you can see for your self the details.

The Game starts at 3:00, unless it runs late again, but is is schelduled for three. He isnt starting but he is for sure relieving, and if i heard right i think thats what he did all year. Either starter or reliever though ive heard nothing but good things about this kid. I hope he achieves his goal and makes it to the next level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder