ALL SETX TEAM OF ALL TIME???

if you could take whatever players from anyteam in SETX, from any time... and put them togethor who would you pick???

if you can...

put togethor a team consisting of

OFFENSE

1 QB - Todd Dodge (TJ)

2 RB - Steve Worster (BC) ; Jamal Charles

2 WR - Chad Lutrell (Lumberton) ;

5 Offensive linemen - Ahmad Jones (sislbee) ; Marc Henry (Silsbee) ; Jake Dorddy (HF) ; Frank Middleton (WB) ;

1 Tight end

DEFENSE

4 Defensive linemen (2 DT's and 2 DE's) -

3 Linebackers - Quentin Tezino (WOS) ; Eugene Seal (jasper) ;

Dravant Johnson (Nederland)

2 Corner Backs - Earl Thomas (WOS) ;

2 Safeties - Chris Goholke (PNG) ; Ryan Piltiere (Nederland)

so... lets hear it...

(heres what i have so far... still working on it...)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a hard task.Ā 

At qb I would have to choose b/t Long, Beasley, Ambres, Brown, Douglas among others.

RB would be beast from Newton-Anthony Byerly along Charles, but there are so many other dominate RBs through the years...Murchinson, Hadnot (one from Kirbyville and one from Jasper) Sumrall or Mosely the list could go on.

Be nice to see a list of All-State and All-Americans from the area through the years.

QB- Beasley

RB- DPG

WR #1- Earl Thomas

WR #2- Jacoby Franks

Linebacker #1- Dustin Locks

Linebacker #2- Justin Alexander

Biased of course..

Slightly :)Ā  But a good list..don't know the defensive guys but the others are more than solid.

DPG not getting much talk, but he will be the work horse for the Stangs this year.Ā  He is a very explosive runner who has a real talent for finding the holes and breaking the long one.

1 QB- Todd Dodge (TJ)

2 RB- Reggie Davis (Jasper); Steve Worster (BC)

2 WR- Jacoby Franks (WO-S); Tony Allen (Jasper)

5 Offensive linemen- Jorrie Adams (Jasper); Ahmad Jones (Silsbee); Frank Middleton (WB); Marc Henry (Silsbee); David Whitehead (PNG)

1 Tight end- Shane Dronett (BC)

DEFENSE

4 Defensive linemen (2 DT's and 2 DE's)- Red Bryant (Jasper); Bubba Smith (BCP); Jerry Ball (WB); Willie Cade (Jasper)

3 Linebackers- Eugene Seale (Jasper); Quentin Tezino (WO-S); Curtis Hafford (Jasper)

2 Corner Backs- Raefel Adams (Jasper); Kevin Smith (WO-S)

2 Safeties- Zack Bronson (Jasper); Will Gulley (Newton)

***After extensive research, I did the best I could with this to fill it out. I know there are a bunch of Bulldogs on here, but I believe most should be in the discussion at some level if they don't belong on the list. I also think Gulley was a corner, but I wanted him in there somewhere.

1 QB- Todd Dodge (TJ)

2 RB- Reggie Davis (Jasper); Steve Worster (BC)

2 WR- Jacoby Franks (WO-S); Tony Allen (Jasper)

5 Offensive linemen- Jorrie Adams (Jasper); Ahmad Jones (Silsbee); Frank Middleton (WB); Marc Henry (Silsbee); David Whitehead (PNG)

1 Tight end- Shane Dronett (BC)

DEFENSE

4 Defensive linemen (2 DT's and 2 DE's)- Red Bryant (Jasper); Bubba Smith (BCP); Jerry Ball (WB); Willie Cade (Jasper)

3 Linebackers- Eugene Seale (Jasper); Quentin Tezino (WO-S); Curtis Hafford (Jasper)

2 Corner Backs- Raefel Adams (Jasper); Kevin Smith (WO-S)

2 Safeties- Zack Bronson (Jasper); Will Gulley (Newton)

***After extensive research, I did the best I could with this to fill it out. I know there are a bunch of Bulldogs on here, but I believe most should be in the discussion at some level if they don't belong on the list. I also think Gulley was a corner, but I wanted him in there somewhere.

Going to be hard to beat this list! Great job!

Gulley played safety against us in the playoffs.....

Big time players will be left off of this list somehow or another, but heres just a few!

Flip Johnson, QB (HF) played for the Buffalo Bills

Felman Mouveaux(sp?) WR (HF) Michigan Wolverines

Spencer George RB (HF) Titans

Jake Droddy OL/DL (HF) All-State

Doshier Lee RB (HJ) I'm not sure about the spelling.

William Morrisey DL (Silsbee) BEAST!

Great lists.....If they played in the League, no way should they be left off.....Glad to see someone mention Tezino (WO-S 88)......may be the best ever out of the triangle.....I know that is saying a lot but, Pup was an all-pro and Tezino was better than anyone on that Defense.......His blown knee cost him his chance.....I thought he played safety though, not LB......Also, Kendall Cleveland should at least be honorable mention......Talk about some throw back names......Reggie Davis, Tony Allen......Ran against Allen when I was a sophomore in the prelims of the 400 at the district meet......race was over before we got out of the first turn.....unbelievable speed......300 split was like 30.0.....

Great lists.....If they played in the League, no way should they be left off.....Glad to see someone mention Tezino (WO-S 88)......may be the best ever out of the triangle.....I know that is saying a lot but, Pup was an all-pro and Tezino was better than anyone on that Defense.......His blown knee cost him his chance.....I thought he played safety though, not LB......Also, Kendall Cleveland should at least be honorable mention......Talk about some throw back names......Reggie Davis, Tony Allen......Ran against Allen when I was a sophomore in the prelims of the 400 at the district meet......race was over before we got out of the first turn.....unbelievable speed......300 split was like 30.0.....

nice ...... world record by like 2 seconds!!!Ā  :o :o

Just kidding...I get your point

I wouldn't even know where to begin with picking a team...haven't been around long enough.

I applaud you guys on your extensive knowledge and research on this matter.Ā  Great job!Ā  Now get a life!!!Ā  Just kidding.Ā  There are some great names here, I have heard of them all.Ā  Only wish I had some to add.Ā  Seems to me that there may be more from over there in Orange who could make a list like this.Ā  Thanks again to all who know their stuff here.

Did someone forget Little Joe Washington? Jeff Granger wasn't a slouch either.

I thought about both of those guys when I put mine together. Worster was a given at tailback, but I saw Davis play in Jasper and even though the Bulldogs have produced some great tailbacks (Oliver "Bull" Hadnot, James Hadnot, etc.), there was no one better than Reggie Davis.

I left Jasper by the time Granger played, but I remember him more as a pitcher than a football player from what I'd heard about him. Drew Tate and Dustin Long were great QBs in their own right, but Dodge was the man at TJ.

On a side note, Tony Allen is now the track coach in Jasper and I think he's also an assistant on Brooks's football staff.

Glad to see someone mention Tezino (WO-S 88)......may be the best ever out of the triangle.....I know that is saying a lot but, Pup was an all-pro and Tezino was better than anyone on that Defense.......His blown knee cost him his chance.....I thought he played safety though, not LB......

Quentin did play safety or cornerback.Ā  I can't remember which.Ā  In fact, I can't think of that third person back there.Ā  Where is wos87 when we need him?

Gulley played safety against us in the playoffs.....

Big time players will be left off of this list somehow or another, but heres just a few!

Flip Johnson, QB (HF) played for the Buffalo Bills

Felman Mouveaux(sp?) WR (HF) Michigan Wolverines

Spencer George RB (HF) Titans

Jake Droddy OL/DL (HF) All-State

Doshier Lee RB (HJ) I'm not sure about the spelling.

William Morrisey DL (Silsbee) BEAST!

It's nice to know HF has some recognition in this

p.s. its spelled Malveaux 8)

I would have to have Eric Alexander from SFA on the team.Ā  Started all four years on offense and defense.Ā  Safety until Sr. year then OLB.Ā  National Champion with LSU and Super Bowl champion with Patriots.Ā  The game against the Colts should have opened the coaches eyes and maybe he will get even more PT this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder