**JASPER 2 BC 1 FINAL/GAME 3**

i think if you look at the tape coach had is hands up before he touched the bag but even if he didnt he was well up the line where coaches are suppose to be and he had is hands up no later than when he hit the bag..he slipped no more than ten feet from the bag and just couldnt get back..he was also looking down and runnning hard ..wasnt the coaches fault and wasnt the players fault....we get a hit in the first inning after the first two men are on..then that play prbably isnt as controversial as it is....b.c palyed hard and did all they could....just was not meant to be....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fred1

you better believe it wasn't his fault, i've watched him play too many times to know he would give it more than 100% to win and believe he would have scored but unfortunately the sign was too late for him to stop and we should have won anyway before that play came about.Ā  You say his head was down, well i guess so, had to see the bag you know.Ā  He's a very baseball smart player mentally and physically and we can't wait to see him next year.Ā  Joe did a superb job and we know he was proud to be a part of the Cardinal Team.Ā 

Guest fred1

Wasn't Billy's Fault!! Plain and simple!!!!! He said the video showed Coach Bryant putting on stop as the kid touched the base. The kid was looking down.

hey, when and how many coaches take responsibility of a bad play?Ā  I agree that Joe could not have done anything different.Ā  Had the stop sign been given soon enough he wouldn't have been going so fast and could have stopped.Ā  And also, that kid has a name, it is Joe and he's earned the respect to be called that.

JMO......since I have nothing else to talk about but baseball.........I don't know a coach that would not take responsibility for a loss no matter how it happened!!Ā  Players win games..............Every coach i now takes the rap for the losses..........

Also....sometimes this gets lost but calling players Kid, or the runner, or the left fielder get used to keep KIDS names out......I don't think any disrespect was intended..........

I wasn't at the game nor did I see the play...........I think if the outfielder fields the ball before the player gets to the bag.....you hold him up (arms scouted of course)......If the runner reaches the bag before the outfielder fields the ball........you send him........I was not there so I don't have an opinion...........

It's unfortunate to end a game like that but it's always unfortunate when your on the wrong end no matter the score......

Great season for BC.......I'm sure they will be ready to fight for another great season next year......

Good Luck to Jasper.........SETexas needs a winner........Bring it home!!!

Guest fred1

I respect your opinion as well as anyone elses.Ā  I have my own too.Ā  The Cardinals played great baseball this season and we are all proud of each and every player on the team.Ā  It's only natural that we would want to go to state especially for the senior players to have one last shot at it but also for every other player to have that one of a kind experience in High School.Ā  Ā  The quote earlier, it just was not meant to be, is right.Ā  We'll try again next year or the next, whatever it takes.Ā  Bridge City has an excellent ball team and superb players.Ā  My best to each and every senior this year.Ā  I have confidence that the Cardinals will earn their way to State again.Ā  Ā  Way to go Cardinals, a devoted fan.Ā  Good luck Jasper.Ā 

i think if you look at the tape coach had is hands up before he touched the bag but even if he didnt he was well up the line where coaches are suppose to be and he had is hands up no later than when he hit the bag..he slipped no more than ten feet from the bag and just couldnt get back..he was also looking down and runnning hard ..wasnt the coaches fault and wasnt the players fault....we get a hit in the first inning after the first two men are on..then that play prbably isnt as controversial as it is....b.c palyed hard and did all they could....just was not meant to be....

i was seatedĀ  right behind the third base dugout nearly even with third base and I know for a fact he was more than ten feet past the bag...

I said the instant that the umpire called the third out at third that somehow that play would be disected ad nauseum by BC fans, if they can be called true "fans".

If there are any "lessons" the coach and players need to learn from what happened, they can work on that in private next year.

The truth is that the BC team had a great year, the BC coach did a superb job, and both team and coach should be congratulated and praised, not criticized.Ā  :)

Guest ballfan

Congrats BC on a great season. And just now reading all the posts I have gained a new level of respect for the BC players they are handling this loss like class acts. Again congrats on a great season and see you in district.

It's sad you can tell you are not for or against either team............your just against Coach Bryant........................What nine year old select team do you coach.........I've got some time.......I'd love to come take notes on your coaching methods..........

Thought you said you were not at the game...You don't have a clue....If you were not at this game I am quite sure you were not at many others this year...I have probably played,coached,umpired, and watched a few "thousand" games. I do know baseball..

My response to you was in regards to Coach Bryant(not that he needs me or anyone else to come to his defense).........You have been allowed by this forum to bash him over and over........Give the man a break.......If decisions he makes don't affect your life then give it a rest............Opinions are opinions but you announced tour dislike for him on numerous occasions..........so it was obvious when this situation came up you would be front and center to say Coach B's coaching lost them the game...............One play......any player or coach that gets raped up in one play losing a game is missing the point of the whole sport........It's all about mistakes......and dealing with them......but why am I telling you this you already know everything!?!?!

No I was not at the game........that has no barring over how many games I watched or participated in this year.........You are the one clueless in that regard.......playing, coaching(non high school at that),umping, and watching a million games doesn't mean you now anything.............Any topic about the spacifics of the game you want to discuss........."Im your huckelbarry".........."that's just my game"............but see we can agree or disagree on any topic and that does not mean either one of us is right or wrong........each person has their own idea and style...........again you know that ........you know everything!!!........lol.....LOL.....lol

im just wonderin if yall knew that the game is over!!!

jasper is in the state tournament RIGHT NOW as we speak, why are we not supporting them...

im probably one of the BIGGEST BC Baseball fans out there (former player '05) and hated seein them lose, but they did...its part of the game (look at Vanderbilt *ranked 1 in the nation* knocked out in regionals...Texas *ranked 4* knocked out also)...these things happen in baseball...the game is OVER congratulate Jasper, they won 2 games out of 3...not a 1 game...they beat bc TWICE in the playoffs...not to mention TWICE in district...as much as i HAAAATE to say it...Jasper was the better team this year, and deserves to go... (if you beat a team 4 out of 5 times...youĀ  know what im talking about...)

Good Luck Jasper

and people that keep talking about "the slip"...get over it...the game is over, and there is a more important game about to start in 2 hours, how bout we start talking about that?

and once again Coach Bryant...GREAT JOB!!! (THREE Regional Finals appearances along with 2 back-to-back Region III Championships!...you are futher INCREASING the great tradition of BC Baseball)

My response to you was in regards to Coach Bryant(not that he needs me or anyone else to come to his defense).........You have been allowed by this forum to bash him over and over........Give the man a break.......If decisions he makes don't affect your life then give it a rest............Opinions are opinions but you announced tour dislike for him on numerous occasions..........so it was obvious when this situation came up you would be front and center to say Coach B's coaching lost them the game...............One play......any player or coach that gets raped up in one play losing a game is missing the point of the whole sport........It's all about mistakes......and dealing with them......but why am I telling you this you already know everything!?!?!

No I was not at the game........that has no barring over how many games I watched or participated in this year.........You are the one clueless in that regard.......playing, coaching(non high school at that),umping, and watching a million games doesn't mean you now anything.............Any topic about the spacifics of the game you want to discuss........."Im your huckelbarry".........."that's just my game"............but see we can agree or disagree on any topic and that does not mean either one of us is right or wrong........each person has their own idea and style...........again you know that ........you know everything!!!........lol.....LOL.....lol

You might want to use spell check if you have it on your computer....Did they not teach spelling where you went to school??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder