**JASPER 2 BC 1 FINAL/GAME 3**

J-Dog - glad you made the trip home safely.  Nice talking to you during the series.  I will be pulling for the Bulldogs in Round Rock, but I will be proudly wearing my BC cap!  Great season Cardinals!!!  Good luck Bulldogs!! 8)

hey, i bet we can find a jasper cap for you!  ;D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing for sure is that BC has a great future in front of them with Hicks and Robertson.  Those Kids are outstanding.   

Out of all the players that we here about that are good.  The right fielder from Jasper should be named the MVP.  He made some game saving  grabs in outfield.  I don't know his name but he diffenently can play for me.

One thing for sure is that BC has a great future in front of them with Hicks and Robertson.  Those Kids are outstanding.   

Out of all the players that we here about that are good.   The right fielder from Jasper should be named the MVP.  He made some game saving  grabs in outfield.  I don't know his name but he diffenently can play for me.

his name is robert shellhammer and he is a very good player........now hicks is a freshman right?

Guest fred1

Hicks and Parsons pitched a great game. Tough someone has to stay home.

Didn't see the 1st 2 games but this one was good to the end. BC still had the problems in the field.

Coach Bryant had a do or die call on the last play. With 2 outs, Robertson, who had singled off the bag at 2nd, was running on the double by Bolton. Hart dove for the ball in left center and it got by him, the LF made a great back up rifled it to Reagen the cut off man. Coach Bryant has to make a decision, send him, Reagan has to make great throw to get Robertson, or hold him as Dishon is on deck.

Well, he held him, maybe a hair late as he rounded the bag and Reagan flip to 3rd, Rodrick rung him up, ballgame.

Yeah, I would say a hair too late/20 ft. down the baseline.... 

Guest Bulldog

his name is robert shellhammer and he is a very good player........now hicks is a freshman right?

Hick is a freshman well now he's a Soph.

Bolton Im proud of you boy. You made your mistakes and I know you are taking them like a man. Those things happen to even the best pro players we watch on ESPN, look at Lidge he has been making mistakes for 3 years now!

You gave your best to the Cardinals this year and nobody would change anything you did all year long and wouldnt trade you for anyone and include Casey Jackson in this too.

Things happen and happen for a reason. Someday down the road you will tell the story of this series with a smile and might even crack it as a joke.

It is a game in the end and nobody is ever perfect, from the freshman to the coaching staff. Mistakes happen. Remember the time I did a feature on Bolton and didnt put the rest of the story on the next page??? Heck 10,000 people saw my mistake!

Good job Cards and don't hang your heads for a second.

Guest Bulldog

Bolton Im proud of you boy. You made your mistakes and I know you are taking them like a man. Those things happen to even the best pro players we watch on ESPN, look at Lidge he has been making mistakes for 3 years now!

You gave your best to the Cardinals this year and nobody would change anything you did all year long and wouldnt trade you for anyone and include Casey Jackson in this too.

Things happen and happen for a reason. Someday down the road you will tell the story of this series with a smile and might even crack it as a joke.

It is a game in the end and nobody is ever perfect, from the freshman to the coaching staff. Mistakes happen. Remember the time I did a feature on Bolton and didnt put the rest of the story on the next page??? Heck 10,000 people saw my mistake!

Good job Cards and don't hang your heads for a second.

Thanks brother i have nothing but respect for you and i mean that....

from one of the jasper players......im not going to wish you good luck stringer.....heck, the way you pitch, no luck is needed......but i am going to say to have fun dominating at lamar.......you dont pitch with the "luck" mentality......but the "im going to get your butt out" mentality sounds more like it.......just do your thing at lamar for the next few years and you will keep sittin em down.....

Guest Bulldog

I would say that its just unfortunate that the hold sign was given too late......how do you stop and go back at that point?  He gave it his all and Bridge City Cardinals were fortunate to have Joe on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true. Joe was great for us.....

Out of all the players that we here about that are good.   The right fielder from Jasper should be named the MVP.  He made some game saving  grabs in outfield.  I don't know his name but he diffenently can play for me.

That's Robert Shellhammer, I believe.  I've always though he was an exceptional ballplayer.  I remember him catching the last couple of years and he was outstanding there too. 

ok quite frankly im tired of people taking up for him...people want to just say "joe shouldnt have slipped" no ...you cant stop on a dime like that...joe was giving his best effort, the least he could ask of coach was his...make a decision.  call me bitter but hey no one made me play for him right? it was my decision and i wouldnt change it for anything....i loved the game, and thats why i played.

Guest Bulldog

from one of the jasper players......im not going to wish you good luck stringer.....heck, the way you pitch, no luck is needed......but i am going to say to have fun dominating at lamar.......you dont pitch with the "luck" mentality......but the "im going to get your butt out" mentality sounds more like it.......just do your thing at lamar for the next few years and you will keep sittin em down.....

Thanks man...You guy's win a State championship why dont cha....

ok quite frankly im tired of people taking up for him...people want to just say "joe shouldnt have slipped" no ...you cant stop on a dime like that...joe was giving his best effort, the least he could ask of coach was his...make a decision.  call me bitter but hey no one made me play for him right? it was my decision and i wouldnt change it for anything....i loved the game, and thats why i played.

I am also tired of people taking up for him . This decision should have been made waaaay earlier.. i'm talking before the ball was even put in play. As a coach you must think of these situations as the batter steps into the batters box, and before someone chimes in , I know things can change in the middle of a play but I personaly think Joe would have scored. He had a full head of steam and was nearly half way to home. It still would have taken another good throw, and things have to go right with the catcher. But if you decide well I dont want to take the bat out of Dishon's hands(like I said make that decision while Bolton is in the batters box) he also had to know with a double by Bolton, Coach Mixon was going to take the bat out of Dishon's hands too...

Guest Bridge City Card

Wasn't Billy's Fault!! Plain and simple!!!!! He said the video showed Coach Bryant putting on stop as the kid touched the base. The kid was looking down.

Guest Bulldog

Wasn't Billy's Fault!! Plain and simple!!!!! He said the video showed Coach Bryant putting on stop as the kid touched the base. The kid was looking down.

Neither coach or players fault...things just happen.....

ok thats my point he told him stop when HE WAS ALREADY AT THE BAG you cannot stop that fast, which is why he slipped.  and ofcourse he was looking down he was making sure he touched third on the way home running full speed. that play was the coaches fault, yes.  but should not have come down to that...top of the 1st runners on 2nd and 3rd NO OUTS and we get no runs.

Guest Bulldog

ok thats my point he told him stop when HE WAS ALREADY AT THE BAG you cannot stop that fast, which is why he slipped.  and ofcourse he was looking down he was making sure he touched third on the way home running full speed. that play was the coaches fault, yes.  but should not have come down to that...top of the 1st runners on 2nd and 3rd NO OUTS and we get no runs.

Sad but true.

You can talk about the last out all you want.  Players are taught to watch the coach all the way.  They practice stopping on a late signal from the third base coach.  The signal wasn't late, the kid fell down, it happens.  We lost because we could not field the ball and throw it to first base with any consistency at all.  We should not have even been playing the third game!  You guys need to get off the coaches back.  We made more errors in three games than Billy made his entire career.

Now, great season guys.  The entire community could not be prouder.  You have left us all with memories we will not forget!

I really thought the score should have been 3 or 4 to nothing after 5 innings, but it wasn't. I think the first inning should have got BC a run or two but it didn't happen...Looked like it was going to be a big inning but didn't get the timely hits..You have to give some of that credit to the Jasper pitcher and defense..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics