Hamshire-Fannett in 2007

Guest ECBucFan

I think H-F will start to turn things around. I know nothing about the new coach, but a fresh start will probably do everyone good. I hope the Horns will be playoff bound soon. Good Luck!  :)

Guest ECBucFan

In the 80's and 90's, H-F had enough athletes to get it done. Things haven't changed that much.... H-F, (as Arnold the Terminator sez) "will be back"!   

• 1 month later...

I'm from Hamshire and there is no evidence that suggests that this team will be better next year....with that district I just don't see it happening.

IN the 80's and 90's Hamshire had beasts on those teams.  Back then people didn't want to play HF....now coaches look at the schedule and chalk that game up as a "W"!

To be in the top three, they're going to have to open up the passing game. HF had less than 300 passing yards for the entire year - which is probably a big part of the reason that they had less than 1,300 total offensive yards for the entire season. That's averaging about 130 yards per game - not to mention 9.4 points per game. With all due respect, in last year's game, I felt bad for some of the players, who did play with heart. It looked as though they were never a threat to score. I just don't see them beating Jasper, WO-S, Kirbyville or Silsbee using the plays or (please forgive me) QBs they did last year - unless they were VERY young.

They completed 25 percent of their passes (21 of 84) and had 16 INTs and NO touchdowns.

Though they had a rough game or two, the defense seems fairly solid. If I were those guys, though, I would resent the offense. They lost three games in which the D gave up less than 14 points (the offense scored 7 in each). One of those opponents' gave up AT LEAST 21 points in every game BUT H-F. Another of those three teams gave up an average of 29 points per game.

In other words, you might be right about HF getting into the top three, but I don't think the problem is one of players not pushing themselves hard enough. There seems to be, from an outsider's perspective, a pretty severe problem on offense.

I think they averaged about 15 PPG the year before.

But, then again, I could be wrong.

We may have even bigger problems in the future.  Our coaches are exiting faster than they can be replaced.  We have lost Coach Broussard who was an excellent Defensive coach.  The kids are very disappointed.  Hopefully the huge turn over of coaches will open the school boards eyes. There is obviously some internal issues going on there.  Good Luck coach Mangan I hope you can turn it around for us.

Excellent post WOS92!! I concur. I started this post but we have moved out of the district so I have a new school to cheer for. I hope the Horns do well this upcoming season. It will be an uphill battle for them to make the playoffs. They played a lot of sophmores last season who should be vastly improved as juniors. Hook 'em Horns!

Guest Borat

I watched them on film last season when we were getting ready to play and they fumbled two games away in the fourth quarter. Coaches put players in positions to win games.......players win them. Championships are won during the off-season and summer.  During the 80's and 90's HF and some of the other 3A teams in the area played in smaller, weaker districts. Those days are over. 

We may have even bigger problems in the future.  Our coaches are exiting faster than they can be replaced.  We have lost Coach Broussard who was an excellent Defensive coach.  The kids are very disappointed.  Hopefully the huge turn over of coaches will open the school boards eyes. There is obviously some internal issues going on there.  Good Luck coach Mangan I hope you can turn it around for us.

Coach Broussard leaving will definitely cause a few sighs in the preparation for the Longhorns upcoming season but I believe only two coaches have left and both to take promotions: Broussard to be DC at PNG and Abshier to be DC in Anuahac. So I dont think this can be really called an "eye-opening" epidemic in HF.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline