stringer v reagan

Guest coachhooker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can take this or lv it BUT I'm calling BS on the guy throwing in the 90s and not getting any looks, IF he were throwing that, he would have been signed by someone other than Panola UNLESS they got to him first and I'm NOT speaking of a D1, a D1 could have signed him last Nov.. A 17y/o HS guy that throws OR touches the 90s occasionally will get a call on 6/5 or 6/6 but this I dought. I'm not shooting a line of BS here just speaking from what I encountered with my son, he NEVER touched 90 in HS but I've still got a box of letters from Nebr, Tulane. TT, UT, along with several others, and I don't know how many JUCOs. He did sign with Lamar in the early signing period (Nov 97) and went ahead and signed and played with Seminole State in Ok. He was drafted out of HS in the 45th. BTW I was told my son threw 93 in HS and this tooo was BS. He was consistant at 87 and 17 in his senior yr.

Thank you 643...I couldn't make them understand What I was saying, maybe you did...

Guest JHS_Alumni05

Thank you 643...I couldn't make them understand What I was saying, maybe you did...

We understand what you're saying. However, I, am just saying that I know for a fact he DID get looks from other people - he just decided to go with Panola to get more playing time before he moves on to bigger and better things.

And Panola has always had their eye on Jasper boys...so I'd say they've been talking about Reagan for a while.

Well, I wish him the best of luck in the future wherever he ends up.

My feelings exactly, I'm a firm believer in JUCO ball, seems as if lots of people are misinformed on JUCO and think its somewhat a lesser accomplishment as I did, UNTIL we visited and did some research. The first yr my son played with Seminole they went into the series with a 56-6 record thats 62 games in the spring and they played close to 40 gms in the fall. Look at any D1s roster and see how many came from JUCOs. 

Not big on speed and such in high school.  ANY pitcher with command can control a high school baseball game.  Add speed and he most surely can dominate it. 

However, a wise old coach once told a hard throwing high school pitcher and college bound athlete this:

"  Everyone can hit a fastball in college kid. " 

Have always been and will always be a fan of the change-up.  Master this pitch along with command of a high 80's fastball and you will do well.

Just my two cents...

I agree Silsbee. That has been very apparent in the playoff series I have covered all season and especially in the playoffs. Stringer's offspeed pitching had Splendora swinging before the ball left his hand in bi-district!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder