1. 1. BRIDGE CITY vs. JASPER POLL...REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

• BRIDGE CITY
    • JASPER

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bulldog

BC can play for revenge if it wishes.  Jasper will be playing to go to the state tournament.   :) 

BC really want's the state championship. Revenge is just a bonus.

JUST A LITTLE TRIVIA--the last time Jasper earned the right to advance to the State Finals was in 1985.  The team they defeated to advance was---you guessed it---Bridge City.  Jasper defeated Bridge City in the best of three. 

Someone  near to my heart played 1st base on that team.  Now, another person near to my heart is the utility player for the Dawgs.  My son and my grandson.  This time, however, they have a mission to complete  --a State Championship.  I was fortunate to be able to help coach them both before high school--how exciting can that be!!

It was a tough series back then and it will be again.  I wish that both teams could advance--because imo East Texas will get to watch the State Championship game this next week in Beaumont.

Remember, you play because you love the game. 

P.S.  I am the grandmother.

Guest BC boy 17

BC really want's the state championship. Revenge is just a bonus.

BC is playing for a state championship, but we are just focusing on 1 game at a time not winning state yet. we get through this game, then we will think about state

ofcourse we want to beat jasper but why shouldnt either of these teams think about state? its why we play, and you always want to win to advance to the next round.....well the next round is state...so saying that no one is thinking about that is a lie.

thats going to be the motivation this week...for us to get there a third time and finish the job, and for jasper to get there as well .  that will push one of these teams to be so focused on the game in front of them, girls in bikini's in the dugout couldnt pull us away.

Guest BC boy 17

True bcboy17, but can't just win one game. Must win two.

your right touch em all, so ill say that BC is focusing on 1 team at a time.

I could be wrong but I think it goes 3 games. Whoever throws the least number of pitches between Reagan and Stringer in Game 1, that team goes to Austin after winning Game 3.

Both teams are very good, IMO the best 2 teams in our area in any classification, they can hit, play defense and pitch.

i totally agree..i also believe the team whos pitchers walk the least will win....i think both teams are  good at manufacturing runs at this point of the season so it is very important to keep the walks to a minium...i think all games will be low scoring.....imo

Sounds like Stringer was pretty dominating the first game that was played.

I would say Stringer's pitching was dominating.  Giving up only a bunt single for the night was pretty dominating.  Amazingly, that hit did not even figure in the Jasper scoring.  But it was not the whole game obviously.

I would say Stringer's pitching was dominating.  Giving up only a bunt single for the night was pretty dominating.  Amazingly, that hit did not even figure in the Jasper scoring.  But it was not the whole game obviously.

I'm just trying to remind everyone that both of these teams are not a wash when it comes to offense...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder