Hardin A.D...LARRY HAYNES NAMED NEW HC/AD!

I've heard this too. I have some family in Hardin and they are saying it's probably gonna be Haynes. He's originally from Hardin...think he graduated from liberty though...apparently moved there in late high school to get more exposure at QB. Went on to play for Lamar I believe. Don't know how accurate this is, but....it's what I've heard.

I've heard this too. I have some family in Hardin and they are saying it's probably gonna be Haynes. He's originally from Hardin...think he graduated from liberty though...apparently moved there in late high school to get more exposure at QB. Went on to play for Lamar I believe. Don't know how accurate this is, but....it's what I've heard.

Heard the same thing, but I did not hear that he took his name out of the New Caney job.  I hope he goes to Hardin, he would be what (IMO) Hardin needs.

Guest Yard Bird

I agree. With his reputation, if he can not turn this program around then it is not the coaching! I hope Hardin gets him and I hope they decide pretty quick.

That is a typical outside looking in comment.  Must be a parent looking for an excuse. 

That is a typical outside looking in comment.  Must be a parent looking for an excuse. 

What kind of excuse do you think soking is looking for?  The program is in shambles, its worse than terrible.  I think what soking is trying to say is, that if a quality coach with a rep such as this one, can't turn the program around, then it may not be something a coach can fix.

Guest Yard Bird

Wow

"The program is in shambles, it's worse than terrible"

I sure would like for you to explain that comment.  Before you do, I would like to states some of the facts:

Two years ago the hornets were one game away from the playoffs in football and basketball.  The baseball team made the playoffs, and they had a state champ in track. 

Last year once again the hornets were one game away from the playoffs in football and basketball.  The baseball team was co district champs in baseball.  Along with sending multiple athletes to regionals in track.

This year was tough.  The hornets were decimated by injuries.  At one point they had multiple freshman and sophomores starting on friday night.  Most of them had no varsity experience  Those kids played to the best of there ability and never gave up.   

To me it sounds like you and your buddy are trying to place the blame solely on Coach Morgan and his staff.

I can't wait for an explanation

Wow

I sure would like for you to explain that comment.  Before you do, I would like to states some of the facts:

Two years ago the hornets were one game away from the playoffs in football and basketball.  The baseball team made the playoffs, and they had a state champ in track. 

Last year once again the hornets were one game away from the playoffs in football and basketball.  The baseball team was co district champs in baseball.  Along with sending multiple athletes to regionals in track.

This year was tough.  The hornets were decimated by injuries.  At one point they had multiple freshman and sophomores starting on friday night.  Most of them had no varsity experience  Those kids played to the best of there ability and never gave up.   

To me it sounds like you and your buddy are trying to place the blame solely on Coach Morgan and his staff.

Definately not true!! In my opinion Coach Morgan was a good coach and a great person!

So what you are saying is Hardins program is doing good? This district is a very weak district in my opinion except for a few exceptions. Especially not in basketball. Hardin has been in the situation to make playoffs in several sports the last couple years, but whats the point really?

If they do make it they can't go farther than the first round. Nothing against Hardin at all but they can never show up at the right time and play as a team. And i think a change in Hardin may not make the kids play better, but maybe give them more numbers.

Haynes' reputation has brought very large numbers out for every sport, which is exactly what Hardin needs.

And there really isn't much coaching the state champ track guy. He was born with the abilty.

Guest Yard Bird

Wow

You just insulted ever athlete in Hardin and their district along with every track coach.

BTW the track comment should go down in setxsports.com Hall of Fame.

Congratulations

Wow

I'm not going to give an explanation, if you think that Hardin's football program is on track, then no explanation would sufice you.

And I happen to like Mike Morgan alot.  Not saying its all his fault, maybe he did what he could, but the football team definately needs to go in a different direction.  Good luck to Coach Morgan, and Anthony in Carthage.

Oh yea, Yard Bird, quit getting your feathers ruffled. (pun intended)

Guest Yard Bird

BTW, When you make statements like "the program is in shambles, it's worse than terrible" it also reflects on the kids.  Those guys play with alot of heart and do not deserve those comments. 

Soking,

Why did you edit you comments about track?

Because you obviously didn't see what I was trying to say. But bleacher_bum is right, the program is not doing good right now. And of course it reflects on the kids. When kids get on here and read this, they want to do something about it. They will want to shut everybody on this site up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder