ALL-SETX TEAM NOMINATIONS..TEAM RELEASED LATER TODAY!

Although the playoffs are still going on, we are beginning the process of selecting our All-SETXSPORTS.COM Baseball Team.  As usual, the staff solicits nominations and other information before going through the brutal process of selecting the honorees.

First, this is not a vote.  We do not tally up who posted the most for a player.  Second, the process works better (might even be fairer) when we get some hard facts to support a nomination (such as:  batting ave., HR, RBI, W-L, Ks, etc.).  The categories will be:

MVP

Offensive MVP

Pitching MVP

Defensive Player of the Year

Coach of the Year

Game of the Year

Hit of the Year

Performance of the Year

1st and 2nd team, consisting of:

Catchers (2)

Pitchers (6)

Infielders (6)

Outfielders (6)

DH (2)

Utility (2)

We will begin this process and announce the team AFTER the playoffs are over.  We want your input and your information.  This is your board, too...

Thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitcher:  Aaron Treece - 9-2, 1 save, 2.29 ERA, 109 K, 13 BB, .203 OBatting AVG

batting:  81 AB, 36 hits, 19 BB, 12 2B, 5 HR, 26 RBI, .444 AVG, .570 OB%, 7 SB

Outfield:  Kevin Roebuck:  62 AB, 17 BB, 24 hits, 4 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 31 R, .387 AVG, .567 OB%, 12 SB.

Infield:  Dylan Lundy:  87 AB, 10 BB, 28 Hits, 7 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 33 RBI, 26 R,    .322AVG, .442 OB%, 6 SB.               

Guest Bulldog

Pitcher: Jeff Stringer- 8-3 , 151 k's , 46 BB, 3 shuouts, 82.2 inn , 1.50 ERA

Key wins/performances: Nederland (no hitter), Wharton, Carthage (who was undefeated #1 in 3A), HJ (twice), had 2 double digit strike out games against Jasper, Silsbee, had 17 k's in playoff game against Splendora.

Infield: Troy Bolton- 93 AB, 31 H, 17 RBI, 2 HR, .440 OBP, .548 SLG, .333 BA

Speed second baseman. came through many times in the cluch. Hardest out on the field.

Outfield: Johnny Dishon- 90 AB, 30 H, 32 RBI, 12 HR, .470 OBP, .789 SLG, .333 BA

Named to THSCA All Star game. Huge in the deep playoff run for BC. Great leader. Had a 2 homrun game against Carthage.

Infield: Matt Hicks- don't know his stats but a amazing player and he's only a freshman. Has a really bright future in BC in the coming years.

Guest 12pack

Tarkington

Infield:  (SS) Brandon Smelley:  70 AB, 13 BB, 32 Hits, 5 2B, 1 3B, 17 RBI, 26 R,  .457AVG, .686 OB%, 13 SB.

(2B) Jared Miller:  69 AB, 10 BB, 30 Hits, 7 2B, 3 3B, 1 HR, 23 RBI, 28 Runs, .435 AVG, .580 OBP, 18 SB

ROCKY CALHOUN-Outfield (Silsbee Tigers)

Season:  86 AB, 38 Hits, 20 RBI, 1 HR, 13 BB, .625 OBP, .442 BA, 17 SB, 5 K's

District:  46 AB, 21 Hits, 15 RBI, 1 HR, 8 BB, .673 OBP, .457 BA, 12 SB, 1 K

BRANDON WOLCOTT-Infield (Silsbee Tigers)

Season: 90 AB, 34 Hits, 18 RBI, 1 HR, 6 BB, .490 OBP, .378 BA, 7 SB

District:  50 AB, 22 Hits, 11 RBI, 0 HR, 3 BB, .509 OBP, .440 BA, 7 SB

Game of the Year: April 13th Nederland-1 PNG-0

Coach of the Year; Coach Hooker of High Island

Nederland Players:

Pitchers: Beau Helmke and Ryan Sampere

Infield: Aaron McFarland

Outfield: Micah Mosley

If there was a Catch of the Year I say it would goto PNG's Spike in the first inning of Ned vs PNG on March 20th. Nederland and PNG fans know which one i'm talking about 

From Silsbee

Pitchers:  Joel Schooling (Had 126 strikeouts in 83 IP - also helped give Bridge City their first loss after 42 wins)

Kevin McDonald (Gave a great performance in the playoff game with Hardin-Jefferson)

Catcher:  Colby Hargrave

Infield:     3rd - Blake Moss & SS - Brandon Wolcott

Outfield:  CF - Rocky Calhoun

MVP-/Probably Murphy or Furguson (best player on the best team)(don't know stats for either)

Offensive MVP/ Jake Rowell .522 11HR 48RBI

Pitching MVP/ Hales states have been posted and they are impressive.

Coach of the Year/ Coach Griffith picked 5th finished 1st.  Enough said.

Game of the Year/ I will have to vote for BC/Jasper the last game of the season because of what was riding on it.

Hit of the Year/ (biased) Jake Rowell HR versus Woodville. I know it can't win because of importance in a game.  But it went out of almost staight away center well over 400ft.

Performance of the Year/

1st and 2nd team, consisting of:

Chad Richard 1B .430 6HR 36RBI

Dallas Brown P 6-1 .83 ERA

Jon Gunn 2B .398 (should at least get real consideration for defensice player of the year, he was awesome)

Tim Barry Utility  .386 4HR  6-1 1.34era

MVP hands down Jake Rowell

Hit over .600 in district with one K; .535 on the year.

11 homers

Over 40 RBI i believe

If there is a play of the year it would be Jon Gunns at UH against Bay City

He turned a 360 stuck out his glove behind him and snared the ball out of the year and Im not sure I even described it right! Just think of a Kobe Bryant dunk but it was gunn doing those moves and catching a looping fly ball!

GAME OF THE YEAR

"The Play In Game"

Hardin-Jefferson vs Silsbee @ Vidor

Aaron Treece(HJ) vs Kevin McDonald(Silsbee)  The game was exciting from start to finish.  The pitchers had the upperhand early on, with each team getting very few scoring chances.  There were game changing plays made by both teams on defense.  Hardin-Jefferson's right fileder, made a diving catch toward the foul line that saved 2 runs.(probably the play of the game)  Silsbee picked a runner at second and executed the run down to perfection.  One throw from 2nd to 3rd with the Silsbee 3rd baseman making a diving tag on the baserunner.  Hardin-Jefferson got a runner on first with 2 outs in the 6th.  The Hawk's have a hit and run on.  The ball is a shot down the 3rd base line, that the diving 3rd baseman couldn't quite get to.  The runner scored from first to give the Hawks a 1-0 lead.  Silsbee load the bases in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs but a ground out to second ended the game.  Hardin-Jefferson 1 Silsbee 0.  I know the Hawks fans were excited and the Tigers fans disappointed, but I truly believe that everyone came away saying, "the best game I've seen."

Hit of the Year

Dylan Lundy - SS/HJ

Double down the 3rd base line that scores Kevin Roebuck from 1st base(only run of the game), in the "play-in game @ Vidor.

Game of the Year

HJ @ Jasper (2nd round of district)

HJ 6 Jasper 5

HJ coming off a 4-2 win vs. Silsbee and having to win to stay alive vs. the 1st place Dawgs.

Treece vs. Reagan.  Both threw 8 inning complete games.  Both had a ton of K's.  Both hit HR to help their team.  Both teams had chances to win it in regulation.  Jasper pops up a squeeze bunt with 1 out to Treece who catches it and steps on 3rd.  HJ had runners at 3rd in early innings and Reagan pitched out of it.  Great game by both teams.  OH, and BTW, it was about 35 degrees that night in Jasper.

ANDY DEWEY OF THE DAYTON BRONCOS HAD 89 STIRKE OUT IN 65 INNINGS THIS YEAR WITH A 1.05 ERA

HE GIVE IT ALL HE HAD -- WANTED THE BALL EVERY GAME DAYTON PLAYED. I AM SURE THERE ARE PITCHERS WITH BETER WON / LOSS RECORDS, AND PITCHERS THAT STAND TALLER ---- BUT I AM ALSO SURE THERE ARE NOT MANY THAT TOOK THE HILL EVERY GAME WITH MORE HEART OR DETERMINATION. IT WAS A JOY TO WATCH HIM PITCH THIS YEAR.

WHEN HE WAS NOT ON THE BUMP HE PLAYED A PRETTY GOOD SHORT STOP.

BATTING OVER 400 AND WITH AN ON BASE ADV. OF OVER 600.

HE HAD 40 STOLEN BASES INCLUDING "HOME" 4 TIMES. HE WAS NOT CAUGHT STEALING IN DISTRICT PLAY.

FOR THE TOTAL PACKAGE ANDY DEWEY ---- MVP

Central Jaguars:

Cameron Alexander

Infielder/2nd Base

GP-27  AB-103 H-42 R-29 1B-19 2B-13 3B-7 HR-3 SB-14 CS-6 HBP-2 BB-15 RBI-27 SAC-5 OFFICIAL ABs-81 SO-3, 1 Looking

BAT AVG-.518 SLUG PCT.-.962 ON BASE AVG.-.572 STOLEN BASE PCT.- .700

22-4A 1st Team All-District 2nd baseman

All Star/All State Nominations

from a player stand point i would say the jasper HJ game was the best of the season..the silsbee game for the playoff spot was great..i guess its just because more runs were scored in the jasper game..and i second that it was 35 degrees there..also one of the most miserable games i've played in..

Huffman

Heath Arnold- Even though he missed a little less than half the district season and all of playoffs with broked ankle that he suffered in the only run win against BH, he was Huffmans new #1 go to guy with electric stuff and before the injury i beleive the only loss he had was against a 5a in the spring tournement. Selected 1 st team pitcher.

Mike Listi- was slected 1st team pitcher. Came on real strong in his last 2 of 3 starts giving up 0 earned runs .... batted 3rd for the falcons most of the year and hit about .500 for district give or take but still had an awesome year.3 year varsity starter to add.

Zach Sipe - Huffmans only 4 year starter on the team and named to 3 1st all district slections in his soph. junior and senior years. made the transistion from the outfield to 3 rd base and hit just shy of .400 for district and pitched in the second game of the png series but got a no decision.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    venivob726
    Newest Member
    venivob726