Huffman @ Splendora

urgf

And Huffman had the ball, inside Lumberton 20.  Less than minute to go. tied 31-31.  And instead of setting up for game winning FG, Huffman threw on 1st or 2nd down.Can't remember which down  The same fade route and it was intercepted at around the 2 yard line.. Not to mention earlier in game, Lum got TD off a ball that should've been picked off.  Hit guy right in hands, bounced over his head, Carr caught it and went in for TD. Huffman definitely lost the game. 

Huffman couldn’t really run the ball against us. Kinda hard to run the clock down when you can’t sustain drives running the ball. All this talk about Huffman lost the game, they gave the game away... yeah, they made some silly mistakes, but the Raiders also made a whole lot of halftime adjustments that obviously worked out as well. 

The same could be said in the first half but the opposite: what if we would have come out playing what looked like cover two instead of man defense with one deep safety. The long td throws in the first half were pretty open becuase our corners couldn’t keep up in man to man, did we give them the big lead in the first half? We also fumbled on our first drive giving them the ball in their own territory. Did we give them that td too?

My point is, that argument could go on  and on with no winners. 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, PlayActionPass said:

This is going to be very tight football game. Both teams have a lot on the line.

Can Huffman's Defense hold up to the power running game of Splendora?

Can Splendora cover the Huffman receiving corps?

Who has the better kicker/Special Teams?

Splendora can also sling da football as well.  The Conroe carrier gave #7 player of the week for his performance aginst LCM.  Use to coach that boy in Pee Wee he's a go daddy!!!  

Ok. We caught a lucky pass. Huffman had 3 in the first half and one in the second that they typically don’t catch. If they run in second half to eat clock we still win.  2 minutes on 3 and out does not run much time off the clock. 

Coach had the right idea.  Huffman’s only chance against Lumberton, Splendora and LCM is to win big through the air for 4 quarters. Splendora and LCM will both stop the run like we did. 

Falcons gotta have a game where the pass does not hit the ground or go to the wrong color to win and I can see that happening.  Like I said, the QB is good and receivers are always open. 

Good luck Friday!

21 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Huffman couldn’t really run the ball against us. Kinda hard to run the clock down when you can’t sustain drives running the ball. All this talk about Huffman lost the game, they gave the game away... yeah, they made some silly mistakes, but the Raiders also made a whole lot of halftime adjustments that obviously worked out as well. 

The same could be said in the first half but the opposite: what if we would have come out playing what looked like cover two instead of man defense with one deep safety. The long td throws in the first half were pretty open becuase our corners couldn’t keep up in man to man, did we give them the big lead in the first half? We also fumbled on our first drive giving them the ball in their own territory. Did we give them that td too?

My point is, that argument could go on  and on with no winners. 

There is truth to your comment.

However:

The Lumberton coaches made some very key adjustments in the 2nd half that made the difference. There were also some young men on the Lumberton side that refused to quit. That being said, the Lumberton coaches should not have waited so long to adjust. Hadn't they already watched and graded film on Huffman? They've been doing the same one dimensional stuff all year! Their outside receiver (who looked about 8' tall compared to the Lumberton DB) could've been thrown a 50/50 ball in single coverage and came up with the catch 9 times out of 10 - that's Huffman's fault for not exploiting that matchup even more! Once Lumberton coaches adjusted and started some zone, Huffman coaches should've ran some cross or rub routes that would've screwed up the Lumberton zone D. Lumberton got lucky on this one... It was Huffman's game all the way. Lumberton can thank the Huffman coaching staff for a poor job.

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

There is truth to your comment.

However:

The Lumberton coaches made some very key adjustments in the 2nd half that made the difference. There were also some young men on the Lumberton side that refused to quit. That being said, the Lumberton coaches should not have waited so long to adjust. Hadn't they already watched and graded film on Huffman? They've been doing the same one dimensional stuff all year! Their outside receiver (who looked about 8' tall compared to the Lumberton DB) could've been thrown a 50/50 ball in single coverage and came up with the catch 9 times out of 10 - that's Huffman's fault for not exploiting that matchup even more! Once Lumberton coaches adjusted and started some zone, Huffman coaches should've ran some cross or rub routes that would've screwed up the Lumberton zone D. Lumberton got lucky on this one... It was Huffman's game all the way. Lumberton can thank the Huffman coaching staff for a poor job.

Not the second half! Just give the boys credit for not giving up and believing and stop making excuses. Huffman played a great first half, Lumberton played great second half and into OT.  Huffman can thank  Lumbertons coaching staff for a poor 1st half of play calling and not making  adjustment as well.. 

Now back to the topic of this thread. 

Gonna be a good game.  I’ll take Huffman. 

59 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

Not the second half! Just give the boys credit for not giving up and believing and stop making excuses. Huffman played a great first half, Lumberton played great second half and into OT.  Huffman can thank  Lumbertons coaching staff for a poor 1st half of play calling and not making  adjustment as well.. 

Now back to the topic of this thread. 

Gonna be a good game.  I’ll take Huffman. 

No excuses being made here... If those adjustments had not been made by the Lumberton coaches, the mighty raiders would never have seen the light of day. Those Lumberton boys fought hard - real hard. I give them credit. But an eventual change made by Lumberton coaches and literally no answer from the Huffman coaches made all that possible.

Splendora by 10

2 hours ago, Dain_TheBountyHunter said:

calprep? y r we putting stock into some california prediction website?  I put Splendora vs Livingston and it had Splendora 56 Livingston 14.  We all know that wasn't the case.  

Because it’s usually fairly accurate, but of course it’s not exact. Just a topic of conversation is all