Beaumont United 45 Baytown Sterling 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

My general assessment is that the Timberwolves did what they were supposed to do, beat the team in front of them which was no doubt a lesser opponent.  

The Wolf defense picked up where they left off from 2 weeks ago.  Coming into last night's game, all I heard was about Sterlings RB Hill having over 2,300 total yards last year.  Well the defense held him to around 20 yards the entire game in my estimation.  The defense held the Sterling offense to if I recall correctly, 1 first down in the 1st half and maybe a total of 5 for the entire game.  10 points in 2 games given up since switching from the 4-3 to a 3-4 scheme and moving a few kids around.  No turnovers created by the defense last night but the defense came out of the game healthy going into next weeks match up.  

Now to the offense.  6 TD's were scored last night but one was a punt return and the other was a kickoff return.  So 28 points by the offense was a ok start and something to build on but could have been a lot more but I understand that there was no need to pile it on and show too much going into next weeks match up.  3 TD's were passing (43,5,10) and one running (24).  QB seemed to make some good decisions and good throws at times but every now and then it seemed predetermined and forced which luckily didn't result in a turnover.  He will be fine.  O-line didn't give up a sack that I can recall but it seems like something is lacking in the run game blocking.  They are using a RB by committee because to me it seems as though nobody has established themselves "as the man" in the backfield.  The potential is there though.  A few drops by the WR's but not many and luckily this wasn't a game where it could come back to haunt us.  No turnovers last night by the offense but there will be a few guys getting treatment this morning.

Like I said earlier, the Wolves, coaches and players, did what they were supposed to do last night, they got the first win in United football history.  It was also a good confidence booster for the team as a whole going into next weeks rivalry game.